Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 12:01 PM
MR BEAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video

Well said John Josey, You have just voiced what I have been thinking for a long time. This chap that took over Boomerang jets in the U.K. cannot seem to keep stock of his own franchise. I can remember when Als Hobbies and Motors and Rotors were the main boomerang suppliers, plenty of help and very knowlagable information at the end of a phone line. Also these guys kept good stocks, anyone checked out the boomerang stocks just now? mostly sold out. So when this is the case why is he trying to be MR. BIG of the comp. arf scene. Please look after the boomerang franchise for now and when you get that right you might want to dable elsewhere.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Colin Gontier

Hello John, I don't believe we've ever spoken before but it seems you have a couple of concerns which I hope I can address for you :-

1) As you rightly remember Boomerang Jets is my enterprise - with regard to answering posts on forums I will always step in where I think it is necessary. My general take on my own products is to not interfere where people discuss and debate as being that I have a vested interest in the product it could be construed that I might not have an impartial view to the subject being discussed. If there should be any service questions or customer queries that a customer wishes to know my views on, it is easy to contact me directly so I can respond accordingly.

2) You mention a couple of the lads have struggled to get hold of me. Well there's never a message that goes unanswered by email or phone. I'm sure you will understand that in a small business its not easy to answer every telephone call as it comes in but I will always try to get back to everyone. Emails are always answered.

3) With regard to CARF - Boomerang Jets in the UK is a CARF dealer. I believe that CARF products complement our own range and had often been asked by repeat customers to supply other models whether it be more scale models or sport models to further develop their skills and interest in the hobby. CARF had a rep system but have in the last few years developed a dealer network as well for established businesses who know CARF products well and wish to stock and sell them. You will find the details of my company and contact info on the CARF Worldwide dealer page. I have built , flown and owned a number of CARF aircraft and continue to do so. If you wanted clarification about the Ultra Flash particularly yes I have flown them. You will notice that this thread is more than 100 pages long and many many people have had their views. Im not sure why you think mine should be invalid.

Wherever you choose to spend your hard earned is up to you. These are big purchases and it makes sense to deal with who you are most confident with.

I do think its a great shame when people seem to turn vindictive and nasty on someone on these forums - particularly this forum, where by its very nature we are supposed to be here discussing things about our shared great hobby which you would think would have a positive vibe. However these things happen, I've seen it done to many others and today its my turn. Im not the first and I certainly won't be the last !

regards

Colin
Old 04-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Colin Gontier

ORIGINAL: MR BEAN

Well said John Josey, You have just voiced what I have been thinking for a long time. This chap that took over Boomerang jets in the U.K. cannot seem to keep stock of his own franchise. I can remember when Als Hobbies and Motors and Rotors were the main boomerang suppliers, plenty of help and very knowlagable information at the end of a phone line. Also these guys kept good stocks, anyone checked out the boomerang stocks just now? mostly sold out. So when this is the case why is he trying to be MR. BIG of the comp. arf scene. Please look after the boomerang franchise for now and when you get that right you might want to dable elsewhere.

Mr Bean- Im not sure what you mean about our stock being mostly sold out. We have good stock on most models. Had a bit of a rush on Nanos recently and they are all gone but other than that have pretty good stocks !

regards

Colin
Old 04-11-2013, 06:15 PM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

Make a composite Boomerang and I'll buy one!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:58 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

I have built , flown and owned a number of CARF aircraft and continue to do so. If you wanted clarification about the Ultra Flash particularly yes I have flown them.

Really? who let YOU fly their UF?? Seeing I've sold 90% of the UF flying in this country and Ali the other 10%, would have thought we knew them all...
Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 AM
john josey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Colin. You are obviously a clever guy, you write well, have an answer for most things {although i note you have posted continuously for several days and now Dave Wiltshire asks about your UF experience you are silent} I have read through several threads, you had a Ripmax Hunter and wrecked it with a reversed gyro You also crashed this Comp arf Hawk with a failed pushrod. I've built asome big models including a nice Pitts Special I'd have checked over the pushrod before using it mate. Both these mistakes seem a wee bit novice misses! Like Bean says maybe you should concentrate on your Boomerang customers It is your company name?
Maybe I'll visit another of those CJ events near Oxford and we can see your UF flights

Advice-I think you should answer posts on your models {boomerang}, you are the expert, so arn't you the perfect guy to help them?

John
Old 04-15-2013, 04:30 AM
ons_pk

Found this Interesting Thread from Dave have a look at this.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_91...tm.htm#9125571

Enjoy
Old 04-15-2013, 06:53 AM
David J Ruskin

Thats a Classic Flash...........not a UF.

Dave is right.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:27 AM
Paul0088

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes he broke the nose and tip off that cartwheeling it across Phoenix....
Old 04-15-2013, 07:45 AM
Dave Wilshere

Both correct...

Old 04-15-2013, 09:11 AM
Paul0088

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Both correct and not a LIE

village
Old 04-15-2013, 01:20 PM
mitchilito
My Feedback: (7)

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

I've started an associated thread that many of you might find interesting. Check it out:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11479298
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60591.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	1872500  
Old 04-16-2013, 03:48 AM
ons_pk

Crash is part of the hobby. Every model has a Expiry date , unfortunately it is not visible till it happens

Here is one for Ali's Model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n63lfsXp998

Old 04-16-2013, 04:06 AM
Dave Wilshere

ORIGINAL: ons_pk

Crash is part of the hobby. Every model has a Expiry date [img][/img], unfortunately it is not visible till it happens

Here is one for Ali's Model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n63lfsXp998

Errr no, you seem to be missing the point.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:31 AM
mitchilito
My Feedback: (7)

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

The level of risk is a big part of what make jet flying so exciting. Once you reach a point in this hobby that's what it takes to have fun. Unfortunately sometimes we have to "pay the piper."

After a horrific event like the loss of an expensive jet one begins to realize what's really important, like the health and happiness of ourselves and our families. . . .

I'll bet Ali knows what I'm talking about.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:44 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Yep I know. [:@] However. I have yet to meet anyone in this hobby wether it be jets or free flight that does not lose models along the way. The more you fly, the more chance there is of crashing. Simple fact. The only way to avoid it is by keeping the toys on the ground and just flying a keyboard... and I know of many modellers that do just this!
Still not sure why I have been bought into this thread. I was trying my hardest to keep out of it just recently... Oh well! Any chance we can get back to information regarding the Ultra flash any time soon?
Regards Al

Old 04-16-2013, 06:43 AM
ons_pk

Thanks Ali for giving the right direction to this thread.

I have just received my new UF.. It is looking great....

Good Job CARF. Now on with the Build.

Learned a lot from this thread, including UF build.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:44 AM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

awaiting mine too... wondering whether i want to put a cheetah or what?
Old 04-16-2013, 07:47 AM
ons_pk

ORIGINAL: Ragz

awaiting mine too... wondering whether i want to put a cheetah or what?

You will love it.

I am putting JetCat140. Thats going to be fun.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Ragz

yes this will be my second one... the first one had a p120.. sold it.. and got an ultra bandit... but missing the ultra flash too much so just ordered another one... it will compliment my UB well
Old 04-16-2013, 07:55 AM
spike5150

I think I have identified most of the parts, but have a few questions about what the things in the photo are for. My guesses:

A - Thin fiberglass strip used to center nose wheel when retracted?
B - Mount to fuse to secure front tank stop? (there are 4 of these)
C - Used to make front tank support? (200 x 160 x 3mm plywood with black coating on both sides)
D - Used to make rear tank stop? (37 x 220 x 10mm balsa)
E - No idea what this is for (210 x 73 x 1mm balsa)

Thanks!

Name:	Yw66963.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	1872662  
Old 04-16-2013, 08:19 AM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in the process of deciding how to mount my 16 oz (two) Dubro smoke tanks in my UF.

I plan on putting one on each side of the fuse.

I do not want to rest the tank on the main tank in order to allow the main tank to expand when the tank is full.

When I put the tank as close to the fuse side as I can the bottom of the smoke tank can only rest on one inch before it overlaps the main tank.

Not enough to secure the smoke tank.

Placing a 1/8 plywood platform below the smoke tank will raise one part of the smoke tank slightly above where the wing rests on the fuse mount as I plan on using Velcro to secure it.

I have seen pictures where someone has mounted this type of tank before with success.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Stan

Name:	Mj24409.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	1872669  
Old 04-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Ragz

are you guys using a full bypass on the engine?  In my first one, I didnt bypass the engine.. I want to bypass it in the second one.  want it to be smoking fast...
Old 04-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Dave Wilshere

ORIGINAL: spike5150

I think I have identified most of the parts, but have a few questions about what the things in the photo are for. My guesses:

A - Thin fiberglass strip used to center nose wheel when retracted?
B - Mount to fuse to secure front tank stop? (there are 4 of these)
C - Used to make front tank support? (200 x 160 x 3mm plywood with black coating on both sides)
D - Used to make rear tank stop? (37 x 220 x 10mm balsa)
E - No idea what this is for (210 x 73 x 1mm balsa)

Thanks!

A Mainly use for the lip for the gear door-shut
B Yes, either side
C Yes, used to be balsa/glass (as pixs in manual)
D Actually I think to make wing tank bump stops, I cut the vertical rear tank stop from C
E goes below the rudder servo as a heat deflector (I cover in ali tape)

Dave
Old 04-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Dave Wilshere

ORIGINAL: Ragz

are you guys using a full bypass on the engine? In my first one, I didnt bypass the engine.. I want to bypass it in the second one. want it to be smoking fast...
I always like full byepass. But model maxes out on straight speed anyway with a small difference between the 140 and 180...until you go vertical, then the difference is really seen.

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.