Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

RCM plans service sucks

Old 03-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Tom B 1956

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCM plans service sucks

Note that number doing a reverse lookup ties to McCabe Joseph Thomas in Pasadena. Well I have no idea's any more.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Roguedog

ORIGINAL: Tom B 1956

Rougedog

I am a little confused. Did you mean that the two publications have just been released. Or do you think I was wanting to build a simitar. When did you get those pubs. Reason I am asking is there are a bunch of us on more than 1 forum that have been waiting for plans. But from what I have figured out nobody has received a order since Oct ish 2012. Nobody has been able to contact them either. I have emailed and called. Now I have sent a certified letter requesting an update and confirmation that rcm plans is still viable. If not please refund all orders that are unfilled.

Tom
No the publications I have have not been produced in a long time.

What Iam saying is if you want a plan and can't get it from RCM Plans and it's in the two publications I have, I would be willing to al least get you ascaled up digitalcopy that you can take to Staples to get a copy, until such a time as RCM Plans gets there act together or Eureka buys them out. PM me.

The two Guides I have cover most of the plans RCM had from Oct 1963 to June of 1991. As far a the Simitars' I thought it was you that wanted the Simitars, sorrymy mystake. Regardless of who wanted them, the pdfs are not perfect but can be used. As far as the later plans from July1991 towhen they stopped publishing in 2004 you can get the magazine you want by watching Ebay. There are also several other websites offering used back issues of R/C Modeler Magazine, Model Airplane News, Model Builder, etc that you can use as well.

I used the RCM plans websites Complete RCM Article Index https://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=20to find outwhich issue had the plan I wanted and then setup a search on ebay for RCM until I got the magazine I wanted. Ever now and then someone offers up their whole collection of RCM magazines for sell for $50 to $100.

Once your have the magazine with the appropriate plan you're looking for,and scan the page at 1600dpi into photoshop. The great thing about most RCM plans is they have a 6 inch scale publiched on each plan. I use the guides from the rulers in Photoshop to determine the what my scan measures then use that measurement as the divisor into 6 inches which gives me the upscale factor to enlarge the plan. I next multiply that by the width number of the image size in photoshop to scale the plan and at the same time lower the dpi from 1600 to 400 to keep the image from filling up my hard drive.

You can used another image editing software to accomplish the same thing if you don't have Photoshop I jsut know how to do it in photoshop.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Tom B 1956

Roguedog

I wasn't thinking that. That is a good idea. I was looking for an electric decathlon. So how would you like to proceed. I would like that very much and appreciate your offer. Don't know where my head was before.
Tom B.

PLAN # 1067
ELECTRIC DECATHLON

72" span, 810 sq. in., geared Astro 40, 4 ch., built-up balsa, plywood, and spruce, two sheets (2) 35-1/4" x 51-1/4"

Old 03-08-2013, 01:04 PM
edp
My Feedback: (5)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I want to thank you guys for this forum. I was able to do a credit reversal for my plans through my CC company. Ironically, Josh who helped me flies R/C helicopters. I too tried the phone and email route, no luck.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Tom B 1956

Hi all

The Letter I sent certified has been Delivered. lets see what happens next.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Tom B 1956

Hi everyone 
I got a response to the letter I sent. If it' worth anything to you all they are still in business and apologize for the delay. And sent this to me. I hope that RCM can catch up and we all can stop worrying about them. 

Tom B.

COPY OF LETTER SENT
Dear Sir:
My name is Thomas Brandt. I am writing out of concern for you and the
business RCM Plans. There are 2 primary internet groups where modelers share
information about the different aspects of the hobby. Both of these groups
have threads about RCM Plans. They all say your mail service is slow to say
the least, but they say they always get the plans they have ordered and that
the plans are in keeping with the professionalism that RCM is known for. But
in recent months nobody is stating they are receiving the plans they have
ordered but orders are still be accepted on your website. Email is
unanswered and the calling rings till you get a message that no one is
available. I am writing this for myself and not anyone else’s behalf. I only
mention the above as the driving reason for me to write this.  I only ask
that if you would put a notice up on your website on stating that the
service is still available and you are still in operation and the reason for
the delay in shipping. If you are not in operation please start refunding
the unfilled orders that you have on file. I would rather hear that you are
still operating and all is well but based on the lack of communications I
believe this not to be true anymore. I know that the magazine part was
closed. Reasons was probably due to subscriptions were not enough to
continue the service. And in 2009 RCM Plans went into business. As for
myself I remember this magazine when I was participating in the hobby but I
haven’t in many years and only started back in it recently. I would rather
build a model than buy one already built even though that isn’t the majority
opinion these days. This is the reason your Business RCM Plan’s is important
to me and I believe too many others around the world.  I hope that this
service will continue and all is well with you and your family.
Respectfully,

Thomas Brandt
THIS IS THEIR REPLY. . 

Dear Thomas,
Thank you for your interest in RCM Plans. Yes, we are still in business. Unfortunately we have had several problems in the last few months... needless to say this has put us behind in filling orders, phone calls, etc., etc. I apologize for these delays, and I am not making excuses for them. Thanks to modelers like you, Thomas, this makes us keep trying to make this work!

Your plans (order # 6426) will ship this week. Again our apologies.
Sincerely,
RCM Plans

Casey & Jim

Old 03-12-2013, 09:20 AM
AwwNaww

WHOA!!!! I just got notification that my order from 10/12 is shipping! Maybe you shook the log jam loose!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Tom B 1956

ORIGINAL: AwwNaww

WHOA!!!! I just got notification that my order from 10/12 is shipping! Maybe you shook the log jam loose!
Thats GREAT! Glad to see some progress. I hope they can get caught up.

Tom B.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Tom B 1956

Well another post from Rc Groups just reported he has received his plans today.

Quote for him.

I received order #6083 complete and in good shape today. The card was charged 10/10/12. There may be a few hundred orders in front of those who just now ordered, but it seems that they are trying! I am sure glad to see this!

Tom B.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:43 AM
rcxunil2

That is excellent news. Thanks for going to the effort of sending a certified letter etc.

I'm glad to hear they are still running. I was about to give up and get my plans through other means. I'm much happier to do it this way.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:32 AM
AwwNaww

I have received my order in good shape. thanks to all of you! Thanks Tom for sending the letter, you may have prompted them to action.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: AwwNaww

I have received my order in good shape. thanks to all of you! Thanks Tom for sending the letter, you may have prompted them to action.
I'm really glad I was able to help out a bit by discovering a real address for them even though I have never ordered any plans.
Congrats to Tom for sending the letter to that address....I would have done it but as I said....I didn't have anything on order.
Good work everyone!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:27 PM
tweedy
My Feedback: (1)

I placed an order in late Nov. keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:16 PM
cjet

My order was Jan. 31, 2013. I sent an E-mail to them over a week ago, no answer. Has anyone contacted their Credit Card issuer for money back?

I hate to try that if they are indeed trying to fill orders....
Old 03-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Tom B 1956

I received the order from RCM today. Now since I sent the letter to them I am seeing some effort on thier part. There are just not enough places selling quality planes. I hope they get caught up. 

Tom B.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:06 AM
RACE 66

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gott'a hand it to TomB1956. you gott'a move your rear and get things accomplished.

Here's an idea. How bout' someone taking the bull by the horns and literally going to RCM plan service and talking with them and see their operation, etc. and get a better understanding of their side of the business.

Or, someone in the model publishing trade may approach them and write an article on their service, photo's, and like and publish them. This would help I think on both sides of the fence. To see tangible applications. In fact, it has been done on other plan sites in the past in different modeling publications. In fact this publisher could start a "series" of different plan makers/developers and would give excellent info on this segment of modeling.

What do you think guys/gals?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:07 AM
AwwNaww

We are working from hearsay so it is hard to say what would be useful. I have placed several orders over the years and never received quick service but always got my order in say 8wks. I have never had any success in contacting them by e-mail, phone or snail mail. I accepted that as the way it is so I was caught by surprise this last time. It was hard for me to call a CC company after more than four months, you sorta think "well maybe next week, or maybe I'm just a chump". It may very well be that there is a life event that derailed the company for a time and the efforts of Tom and Dave helped provide motivation to restart. In the long run, I think that this would be a good option for someone that wants a retirement business. RCM plans has a huge list of designs. Honestly, my experience with Air Age, is every bit as bad! It would be nice if these services could be run like a real business.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:56 PM
cjet

All good points.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Tom B 1956

I think Dave and I can go back to building I appreciate all the nice words and Thanks. RCM-Plans as they are will continue and I will order again from them. Even if it takes an extra effort to get the plans.

Once again Thanks for all the support.

Tom
Old 03-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Quigleywins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well what we need now is a thread where people list the date they ordered and pay for there plans and then come back and enter when they recieve them .
I my self ordered plans that long ago its hard to remember when October or November. The Aircraft is built I built it with the outline sent to me by the laser cutter. I sent about 7 emails not one reply and I was as nice as pie,
Thats my slant on the situation and there plan service.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:12 AM
AwwNaww

My card was charged 10/10/12 and the order was received 3/16/13.

It must be my "kick me" sign but Air Age charged my card in 9/12 and so far I have gotten one email saying "we will check on it" and nuttin' else.
I sure wish someone would buy these guys out and run a business.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:29 PM
rcxunil2

Ordered/Charged: 19 February 2013. No product yet as of 3/25/2013, although it seems that is to be expected even at the best of times from RCM.

Order # is in the 6500s if that helps anyone gauge where they are in the queue.

No response to two emails and one phone call so far.

Update 4/11/2013. Still no response and no plans. At the moment I am calling them and the phone is ringing and ringing and not even being answered by the answering machine/voice mail system.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:04 AM
rcxunil2

Good news... Ithink. I just called moments ago and there's at least a different message from a lady who apologizes for being behind and ensures that they are working on catching up!

I left my order number and my phone number. We'll see if anything comes of it.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:02 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Please, let us know.... Thanks for the post

Bob
Old 04-16-2013, 05:35 PM
greenjeep
My Feedback: (3)

http://local.yahoo.com/info-63940565...ans-gold-beach

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.