Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

losi scte clicking sound while braking rear diff??

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 06:48 AM
emederos
My Feedback: (78)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losi scte clicking sound while braking rear diff??

When i throttle up i dont hear the grinding sound but whrn braking i can hear it. Almost sounds like a clacking / metal to metal sound. anyone have an idea what it can be? I eas maybe thinking the mesh on the ring and pinion or even the diff shim but not sure
Old 04-18-2013, 06:08 PM
futureboy1969

Default RE: losi scte clicking sound while braking rear diff??

Yep. It's the rear diff. Ur ring and pinion r shot. They r spiral gears. Forward well move ok. But wen u hit the brakes. It skips over the teeth.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:06 PM
emederos
My Feedback: (78)

ORIGINAL: futureboy1969

Yep. It's the rear diff. Ur ring and pinion r shot. They r spiral gears. Forward well move ok. But wen u hit the brakes. It skips over the teeth.
Man dont tell me that i only have 93 packs through my truck . You sure its that or maybe a bad bearing in the gearbox that makes the mesh oit of place
Old 04-19-2013, 08:21 AM
futureboy1969

I'm 100% poss. I drove a hole race seasone like that. So it's not the end of the world. But it does need replacing. It's only like a 40$ part. If I remember.