Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 10:45 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

We should all use that graphic as an Avatar here on RCU.
I just tried. Its to large. Need to shrink it down.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:46 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I kinda like the wristband idea. Easier to put on and keep for a season OR two OR three if it takes that.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:51 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: ravill

Wow, I was just threatened by wap4life on pm. Sad, really.

Please share with us!
why would there be any threats?
we are trying to help these guys prevent a possible crash.
Scott
Old 04-17-2013, 10:55 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

ORIGINAL: jetpilot

ORIGINAL: ravill

Wow, I was just threatened by wap4life on pm. Sad, really.

Please share with us!
why would there be any threats?
we are trying to help these guys prevent a possible crash.
Scott
Something about "whooping my *****" at best of the west or some such nonsense. He didn't like my "through the computer slap" Gif.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:10 AM
jetpilot

ORIGINAL: dubd

UPDATE

I got an email from James at Fly Eagle this morning saying the factory will do nothing.

This is such Bullsh*t. Classless act by a unreputable company.
Take note people. They could care less!!
Dont send another penny their way! You will be screwed!
Scott
Old 04-17-2013, 11:13 AM
jetpilot

Ill freaking wear a T shirt that says "Im wearing this shirt til FEJ reimburses Dantley"
Scott
Old 04-17-2013, 11:18 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't agree with FEJ's actions, use this as your avatar.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:22 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quote:

ORIGINAL: siclick33

So sorry to hear that.

I posted this earlier but this is on the other build thread (my bold):

quote:

Wap4life: There are a few changes from my first one (RIP). The biggest change is the elevator is direct drive. The other changes are the wood pieces over the honeycomb area ex. in the tail part where you screw in the servo.

It would be interesting if Wap4life could describe (or show a picture) of this change. Had they already changed their construction method prior to your incident?

WAP's F-14 was made after mine. I asked James at FEJ if my older mechanism was okay given they changed it. He said it was.

dubd,

Before I say what I am about to say, I want to preempt it by saying that I have no idea what is going on at FEJ, but this is the thought process in my head. I may be way off the mark but:

Wap4life mentions that FEJ have added wood pieces over the honeycomb in the newer models. This new model was delivered to him before yours crashed so this change in build must have occurred before. Why would they do this? Were they already concerned about that honeycomb bulkhead? Even worse, did they already know that there was a problem here before yours crashed, but decided not to tell anyone? This may be completely wide of the mark and it might just be a QC issue or a change imposed by the new stab mechanism, but it would be interesting to see what the new former looks like, and even more interesting to know why they felt the need to change it.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Reinol
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcjets_63

UPDATE

I got an email from James at Fly Eagle this morning saying the factory will do nothing.
Wow, though I can't say that I'm surprised.

Andy's idea is looking better all the time.

Regards,

Jim
I like it. I got a quote at wristbandconnection.com. 100 wristbands fot $89.

.Get them Dantley and I'll pay for them.

BTW get this going on the rcjetaddiction site also.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

Ravill- This is getting out of hand. Please tell the entire truth! You threaten me first.

You posted that you wanted to slap me. the moderator took it off the thread. I pm u and told u that i took it as a joke and i hope dubd get compensated.

You then stated you was going to slap me.

Please tell everyone the entire TRUTH! Don't lie and hide.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 AM
dubd

WAP & Raf please take your beef to the admins. It doesn't belong here!

WAP, you can be helpful and take your "compensated" message to FEJ. Thx.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Chris Nicastro

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

You could make T-shirts...

http://www.customink.com/

This is type of decision that poor businessmen make. Its called tripping over dollars to pick up pennies. You know in the grand scheme of things all FEJ had to do is pay out, at reduced cost mind you not retail, a new updated F-14 and two engines at a minimum. The response from the jet community would have been praise and applause resulting in continued and possibly increased revenue. So you call it an investment in the future... your companies future and continued existence, or call it R&D, or even marketing, it makes no difference where your CPA finds the line item you just do it if you believe in your company.

Instead now you have a very pissed off and motivated customer who is going to tell everyone and their kids how poorly FEJ treated him on many levels. Now you have a small army of pissed of motivated people who will spread the word all over the world.... THE WORLD.

So its simple, how cheap does one jet kit and couple of turbines look now?

If it was me Id make it right by the one customer and move on, the rest of the dust would settle and Id have the piece of mind and job in the near future.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:53 AM
dubd

ORIGINAL: Chris Nicastro

This is type of decision that poor businessmen make. Its called tripping over dollars to pick up pennies. You know in the grand scheme of things all FEJ had to do is pay out, at reduced cost mind you not retail, a new updated F-14 and two engines at a minimum. The response from the jet community would have been praise and applause resulting in continued and possibly increased revenue. So you call it an investment in the future... your companies future and continued existence, or call it R&D, or even marketing, it makes no difference where your CPA finds the line item you just do it if you believe in your company.

Instead now you have a very pissed off and motivated customer who is going to tell everyone and their kids how poorly FEJ treated him on many levels. Now you have a small army of pissed of motivated people who will spread the word all over the world.... THE WORLD.

If it was me Id make it right by the one customer and move on, the rest of the dust would settle and Id have the piece of mind and job in the near future.
And to think, all I wanted was a replacement airframe of equal value... So, what color t-shirts do you guys want?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Wap4life

Dubd- I have!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:00 PM
jetpilot

ORIGINAL: Chris Nicastro

And to thank, all I wanted was a replacement airframe of equal value... So, what color t-shirts do you guys want?

red or black?
Scott

Old 04-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Wap4life

quote:

So sorry to hear that.

I posted this earlier but this is on the other build thread (my bold):

quote:

Wap4life: There are a few changes from my first one (RIP). The biggest change is the elevator is direct drive. The other changes are the wood pieces over the honeycomb area ex. in the tail part where you screw in the servo.

It would be interesting if Wap4life could describe (or show a picture) of this change. Had they already changed their construction method prior to your incident?

WAP's F-14 was made after mine. I asked James at FEJ if my older mechanism was okay given they changed it. He said it was.

dubd,

Before I say what I am about to say, I want to preempt it by saying that I have no idea what is going on at FEJ, but this is the thought process in my head. I may be way off the mark but:

Wap4life mentions that FEJ have added wood pieces over the honeycomb in the newer models. This new model was delivered to him before yours crashed so this change in build must have occurred before. Why would they do this? Were they already concerned about that honeycomb bulkhead? Even worse, did they already know that there was a problem here before yours crashed, but decided not to tell anyone? This may be completely wide of the mark and it might just be a QC issue or a change imposed by the new stab mechanism, but it would be interesting to see what the new former looks like, and even more interesting to know why they felt the need to change it.

You are partially correct!. I was comparing my new f-14 to my old f-14. My old f-14 was completely honeycomb, there was no ply wood at all in the tail section. i have both ply and honeycomb on the new one.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:09 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

deleted
Old 04-17-2013, 12:09 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wap4life

Ravill- This is getting out of hand. Please tell the entire truth! You threaten me first.

You posted that you wanted to slap me. the moderator took it off the thread. I pm u and told u that i took it as a joke and i hope dubd get compensated.

You then stated you was going to slap me.

Please tell everyone the entire TRUTH! Don't lie and hide.
Yeah man, you're right!!

Back to our scheduled program!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:11 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: Reinol

ORIGINAL: rcjets_63
UPDATE
Wow, though I can't say that I'm surprised.
Andy's idea is looking better all the time.

Regards,

Jim
I like it. I got a quote at wristbandconnection.com. 100 wristbands fot $89.

.Get them Dantley and I'll pay for them.

BTW get this going on the rcjetaddiction site also.
The ribbons have a certain elegance but the wristbands will last longer and something tells me that we're in for the long haul. That's OK, many of us have been in the hobby for decades and we're not going anywhere.

Rei, very generous of you; I'll gladly pay for mine
Dantley, make my shirt red please. Size XL. Let me know how much $ please.

See you at Top Gun!

Regards,

Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki17934.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1872984   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn31706.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1872985  
Old 04-17-2013, 12:26 PM
jetpilot

Ill be at Top Gun. Ill wear it there too!
Scott
Old 04-17-2013, 12:27 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I said it before and I'll say it again. The writing on the wall has been there a long time. I'm sure many will remember when we designed the liberty, the entire airplane was designed, and completely drawn for fej in cad by an aircraft engineer. The files we sent to fej and they still did not use them. They made changes to the airplane without telling us, and in the end the airplane I received required extensive modification before I was comfortable with flying our selling it. Fej did not care about my findings nor did they change anything. They also used my personal drawings and color schemes on their website without permission. This was my design and in the end I was given a discounted jet, didn't really seem fair but whatever, the fact that they then ignored my input is when I gave upany hopeof fej ever being reputable. They are crooks and will never care about their customers. Even if they were to improve the f14 I guarantee the next jet they do will have the same issues.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Eaglepilot2

I've read through this entire thread and I honestly can't believe FEJ is this....all right I'll say it STUPID!!! They had a very small hole for which to dig out of by doing Dantley right and this is now gotten way out of hand. They now have a huge pit to try and get out of, not to mention the numerous people they have lost as potential customers. If they ever want this to go away they need to provide Dantley with a new airframe and two engines immediately. How many potential customers are they willing to lose over this??? To the point we are now talking about wearing ribbons, arm bands and t-shirts in protest!!! How can a company let this get so out of control? The inconceivable offer to discount an airframe to sweep this issue under the rug is still unbelievable to me!! FEJ you're destroying yourself with this attitude. Again, how long will you let your business spiral out of control before you fix this issue?? Its getting almost comical to see this company destroy itself right in front of us.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:03 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone know if the US is FEJ's largest market? I won't be the arrogant American and assume it ;-)
Old 04-17-2013, 01:06 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Let's make a Page 24 summary on what is expected from FEJ at this time:

1. Compensate Dantley and anyone else who has lost an airframe lately due to workmanship or design error
2. Stop production and make changes to existing models still on location at FEJ
3. Make recommendations to existing owners, and provide parts as necessary to make any required changes, or offer to accept returns for rework at your expense
4. Offer to buy back delivered airplanes if the owner so desires, or exchange for other model (shipping at your expense)
5. Apologize for being rude and insensitive to your customers, but also apologize to your reps who are feeling the heat right about now

Is this fair?
Old 04-17-2013, 01:08 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I guarantee #5 is the most difficult one for them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.