Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Valley View RC Brand Engines

Old 04-14-2013, 10:50 AM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Valley View RC Brand Engines

Here's an update on the 40cc twin. Due to a parts supply problem at the factory, VVRC has yet to receive it's first batch of production engines. The factory promises that this delay will be brief, but so far no exact dates have been given. When the engine becomes available it will ship with a single-bolt prop adaptor already installed. I have been using this set-up from the beginning on mine and it works great. I just have to remember to pull the spinner and check the tightness of the prop nut once in a while. It hasn't loosened yet, but there are some things I'll never fully trust!
Old 04-14-2013, 06:48 PM
sthill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question for you VVRC 20 users. I installed the VVRC 20 on a plane that has a spinner. By the time I install the spinner back plate, prop, prop washer and prop nut there is little thread left for the spinner nut. Have you all found a source for a thinner “prop nut� The current one looks pretty thick and I was just looking for an easy way to get a few more threads to screw the spinner nut on more securely. I’m used to using 2 nuts on all of my 4 stroke nitro stuff and was able to use the same approach on my DLE20.. Or, are you all just using the prop nut and skipping the double nut approach? I would just hate for this thing to backfire and throw the spinner / prop.

I hope this makes sense, thanks for the help!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:12 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try one nut only...with a little blue thread locker..............?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:21 AM
sthill

Captin,

I considered that but I really don’t like using thread locker prop nuts. I’ve found that it can be a giant pain to get the nut off later. I’d really like to go with a “two nut solution†with a locking nut (like the OS 4 stroke setups) being the ideal setup.

Maybe I’m over thinking this but I’d rather overthink it now then have an issue later.

Thanks!

Old 04-16-2013, 07:13 AM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: sthill

Captin,

I considered that but I really don’t like using thread locker prop nuts. I’ve found that it can be a giant pain to get the nut off later. I’d really like to go with a “two nut solution†with a locking nut (like the OS 4 stroke setups) being the ideal setup.

Maybe I’m over thinking this but I’d rather overthink it now then have an issue later.

Thanks!

One nut, no thread locker.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:18 AM
flygilmore

Yes, please don't use thread locker on the prop nut and for goodness sakes, don't use two nuts!!!! This is NOT a glow engine!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:14 PM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL:

Thanks!

sthill

No maybe about it, you are over thinking it.

I've been using 20cc gas engines for nine years, they were made and sold with one nut and have operated flawlessly that way.

If you were to read this gas forum for years you would find many gurus discussing the single bolt and nut as the perferred attachment method for up to and over 50cc.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:27 PM
sthill

Thanks for the replies, I will go with the wider xyz prop washer and prop nut. Still wish someone sold a locking nut solution but I guess if my lawn mower blade can be held on with one bolt my prop can be held on with one nut!

Have a great night!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:59 PM
mighty9
My Feedback: (10)

All,

Thanks for the feedback, I ordered a VVRC 20cc yesterday and will be swapping out my DLE20 when it arrives. I am really hoping that the new ignition and carb will make it a smoother running engine all around. The DLE20 has a TON of power but I just haven’t been happy with it on my Aeroworks Extra where I’m constantly up/down on the throttle.

I may have my DLE20 looked at and see if someone better than I can get it running right. I don’t think I would put it on a 3D bird but it would be a nice strong little warbird hauler where you can basically put the throttle on a switch.

Thanks again for the help!
My dle 20 was just like yours. Didnt run well with throttle changes. I installed an rcgf 26 cc carb which has a smaller venturi and it now runs great on the transitions. I lost 150 rpm on mine but the overall running of the engine improved so much it was worth it.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:06 PM
WindGap
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: mighty9

All,

Thanks for the feedback, I ordered a VVRC 20cc yesterday and will be swapping out my DLE20 when it arrives. I am really hoping that the new ignition and carb will make it a smoother running engine all around. The DLE20 has a TON of power but I just haven’t been happy with it on my Aeroworks Extra where I’m constantly up/down on the throttle.

I may have my DLE20 looked at and see if someone better than I can get it running right. I don’t think I would put it on a 3D bird but it would be a nice strong little warbird hauler where you can basically put the throttle on a switch.

My dle 20 was just like yours. Didnt run well with throttle changes. I installed an rcgf 26 cc carb which has a smaller venturi and it now runs great on the transitions. I lost 150 rpm on mine but the overall running of the engine improved so much it was worth it.
What changes were necessary for this swap?
Old 04-21-2013, 03:14 PM
plaurence
My Feedback: (2)

I had the same issue with the dle 20 . Put a new carb on, didn't solve the problem. Came across the Frank Bowman's mod for the reed block.

did the mod and it seemed to fix the problem. I will need a few more flights to be sure.
ORIGINAL: mighty9

All,

Old 04-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Mpizpilot

Video of my bf-110 with a pair of XYZ 20's on it. Bought these direct from XYZ before VV acquired them and made em even better. These have the original XYZ ignitions, which work ok. Starting takes more effort then the rcexcel equipped version.

http://youtu.be/-t-9iAikmpw
Old 05-03-2013, 12:38 PM
kerwin50

Whats the news on the twin
Old 05-03-2013, 05:13 PM
rcguy59

I haven't heard anything on the twin from VVRC yet. I'm still trying (unsuccessfully) to blow mine up, but it just keeps running. : ) As soon as I hear anything, I'll post it.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:07 AM
rmathews
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: rcguy59

I haven't heard anything on the twin from VVRC yet. I'm still trying (unsuccessfully) to blow mine up, but it just keeps running. : ) As soon as I hear anything, I'll post it.
Thanks for info. update rcguy
Old 05-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Valley View use to sell SV engines I believe.... Does anyone know if they have parts for the SV 50 gas engine....? I have a SV 50 and new out of the box it would not run correctly.... Requires a 1/2 choke to run so it seems that it is starving for fuel.... Several pilots have looked at the engine and we have tried to solve the problem but have not yet...

I would like to buy a replacement carburetor for this SV 50 engine but can not find anyone selling this product.... I feel sure other walbro carburators would fit but I do not know and I have no parts list... It would seem that one of the other china gas engines carbs would fit.... does any one know?
Old 05-04-2013, 08:07 PM
rcguy59

I've never heard of SV engines myself, but I'll talk to Tom at VVRC and see what he says. If it were me, I'd get a DL50 or DLE55 carb and install it. Either would probably work just fine. I flew with Tom today and he was flying a 40cc twin in a 30cc Yak. Great combination.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:58 AM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Thanks.... I would like for someone to suggest a specific walbro carb that they know will fit that engine.... I had a friends dle 55 carb but it did not look like it was compatible at the time .. the pulse holes did not line did not seem to line up.... Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you...and Tom.....

As for their new 20 CC.... I have been looking at the 20's and that engine at VVRC looks like a winner to me considering everything and most of all who is selling them.... Again Thanks...
Old 05-07-2013, 04:20 PM
rcguy59

Richard: I spoke to Tom at ValleyView today and he said they have never sold SV engines. He also said he has no idea who might have parts, though Walbro carbs are certainly easy to come by. Sorry to not be of more help.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:50 PM
rcguy59

O.K., guys, the twin is on ValleyView's website. Release is slated for late May. If you want to reserve one, give VVRC a call.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Mpizpilot

ORIGINAL: Richard39

Thanks.... I would like for someone to suggest a specific walbro carb that they know will fit that engine.... I had a friends dle 55 carb but it did not look like it was compatible at the time .. the pulse holes did not line did not seem to line up.... Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you...and Tom.....

As for their new 20 CC.... I have been looking at the 20's and that engine at VVRC looks like a winner to me considering everything and most of all who is selling them.... Again Thanks...
I flew my newest VV 20cc yesterday in my corsair along with my DLE 20cc powered mustang. There's no question that the VV outperforms the DLE. It starts easier, runs a whole lot smoother and is turning 200 more rpm out of the box then my DLE does after 2 gallons, both running the same prop.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:02 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mpizpilot

ORIGINAL: Richard39

I flew my newest VV 20cc yesterday in my corsair along with my DLE 20cc powered mustang. There's no question that the VV outperforms the DLE. It starts easier, runs a whole lot smoother and is turning 200 more rpm out of the box then my DLE does after 2 gallons, both running the same prop.
Which prop and how many RPM? That's good news.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:26 AM
Whistling Death

Are the 1/4" plugs going to be a problem? I have no experience with them but I have seen comments that state these plugs tend to foul easier than most plugs.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:12 PM
denney47
My Feedback: (359)

The discount codes are still in place at Valley View RC
$10 off on orders over $100 enter code VV100RC
$20 off on orders over $200 enter code VV200RC
$30 off on orders over $300 enter code VV300RC
$40 off on orders over $400 enter code VV400RC
Just note that in the code there are two V's it is not a W.
If the codes do not work for you just call Tammy and she will give you the discount.
Thanks
Tom
Valley View RC
ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

Yes, haven't had a chance to maiden it yet, weather has been crappy. Got a DLE 30 in it but I might consider a VV 40 twin later.
Seems like VV's discount codes don't work any more, bummer........
Old 05-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: denney47

The discount codes are still in place at Valley View RC
$10 off on orders over $100 enter code VV100RC
$20 off on orders over $200 enter code VV200RC
$30 off on orders over $300 enter code VV300RC
$40 off on orders over $400 enter code VV400RC
Just note that in the code there are two V's it is not a W.
If the codes do not work for you just call Tammy and she will give you the discount.
Thanks
Tom
Valley View RC
ORIGINAL: Whistling Death

Yes, haven't had a chance to maiden it yet, weather has been crappy. Got a DLE 30 in it but I might consider a VV 40 twin later.
Seems like VV's discount codes don't work any more, bummer........
Denny I have bought DLE35RA from you since then. The codes work

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.