Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Where is rc car heaven?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 07:24 AM
Salinas Hawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is rc car heaven?

I'm thinking it might be somewhere around Vegas.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:59 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Where is rc car heaven?

Wish I knew cause it certainly isn't near me. Where I live is hell the way streets, and stuff is maintained (as well as tax's, and stupid laws forcing hobby shops far away with tracks from my location)
California looks like it might be nice for RC's as it sounds like there's a track every few miles lol
Old 04-20-2013, 09:17 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hardly any hobby-shops left up here, And the ones still around mark stuff up 300%
Old 04-20-2013, 10:40 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

im thinking cali...seems like many of the big events and cool race tracks are around there.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Eman77

36 Discovery #200
Irvine, CA 92618
Old 04-20-2013, 01:06 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Southern California probably, especially for the 1/5 scale dune runners. Though there are tons of great places around here up north too. I run my Baja 5B along Ocean Beach for miles at a time chasing it in a side by side.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:45 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rc car heaven..... My house,

when they die, sent them here
Old 04-21-2013, 02:55 AM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Only if you have a Vegimite sandwich to trade....[&:]
Old 04-21-2013, 08:48 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Buahahahahaaaa

5 stars

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Only if you have a Vegimite sandwich to trade....[&:]
Old 04-21-2013, 11:55 AM
DarkFire989

I'm gona have to agree with Sheo and say So Cal. From what I have seen it is pretty popular down there with tracks/shops, and most importantly, the dunes for 1/5 action.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:55 AM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

could be So Cal.  iv got 3 tracks and god only know's how many hobby shops within about 20min of me.  several manufacture HQ's and more tracks and hobby shops i can get to in less than an hour.  and then there's the whole 300+ days a year you can bash outside thing.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:13 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

+1 So Cal.   That's where RC Expo is every year...several hobby shops have their own tracks...and like you said, several RC companies have headquarters there. 

I'm fortunate just to have a hobby shop (that's inside an ACE Hardware Store) about 20min from me.  There's another store about a half hour away.  Then the biggest one in the area is down in Sacramento.  NONE of these have a track.  There was a "Munincipal RC Track" about 15min away (short-course AND dirt oval) but someone who moved into the neighborhood (a RURAL neighborhood) got annoyed with the noise from the nitros, and apparently had enough political clout with the Sups that he got it closed down.    I'm not sure if there even IS an RC track, indoor or outdoor, anywhere in the greater Sacramento area.

Glad I got my own track.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:40 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

+1 So Cal. That's where RC Expo is every year...several hobby shops have their own tracks...and like you said, several RC companies have headquarters there.

I'm fortunate just to have a hobby shop (that's inside an ACE Hardware Store) about 20min from me. There's another store about a half hour away. Then the biggest one in the area is down in Sacramento. NONE of these have a track. There was a ''Munincipal RC Track'' about 15min away (short-course AND dirt oval) but someone who moved into the neighborhood (a RURAL neighborhood) got annoyed with the noise from the nitros, and apparently had enough political clout with the Sups that he got it closed down. I'm not sure if there even IS an RC track, indoor or outdoor, anywhere in the greater Sacramento area.

Glad I got my own track.
sounds like what happened with an indoor track that wasn't far from me (found out it existed like 2 months after it closed) hobby shop opened up in a warehouse, and had their own indoor track had all the zoning, and what not okay-ed. Few months later(from what I read the owner wrote) they were told they needed a different zoning, and amusement park insurance, as they deemed a RC track to be as dangerous as a roller coaster...
only other tracks near me are 1.5+ hours away, and only opened when I'm at work (work weekends [:@])
Old 04-22-2013, 11:10 AM
FuelCoupe

Sucks how it only takes one complaint to loose a facility, years ago a good friend ran motorcross and enduro's on his property all done through clubs, get 200 - 300 bikes out there, one guy moved to the property next door complained about the noise and dust and the council put a stop to any more rides being held there. 3 different bike clubs several pages of signitures wasnt enough to combat his complaint.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Scottgir

Off Road RC Heaven used to be in Pomona California. Then it became one with the universe.

On Road RC Heaven was in Osceola County Florida, and that too became one with the universe.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:19 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: FuelCoupe

Sucks how it only takes one complaint to loose a facility, years ago a good friend ran motorcross and enduro's on his property all done through clubs, get 200 - 300 bikes out there, one guy moved to the property next door complained about the noise and dust and the council put a stop to any more rides being held there. 3 different bike clubs several pages of signitures wasnt enough to combat his complaint.
yup its always like that 1 vocal idiot has to ruin the fun of the many.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:29 PM
cenracer1

Sure isn't NJ.. LOL
Old 04-22-2013, 02:54 PM
ejc34710

If i remember I8Tweety's post right, he has a BUNCH of rc's. Sounds like heaven to me!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:29 PM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: ejc34710

If i remember I8Tweety's post right, he has a BUNCH of rc's. Sounds like heaven to me!
You may be right,,,
Old 04-23-2013, 10:13 AM
Ttowntoolman

R/c heaven is anywhere they leave you alone long enough to mess with your r/c shizz in Peace. Where I come from anyway........

They = everyone.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:22 PM
EXT2Rob

ORIGINAL: FuelCoupe

HOLEECRAP! That is a LOTof motorcycles!! Ican only imagine the cacauphany! Not to mention dust.
Ihave to say, Iam one of those people who can see both sides of an argument. Yeah it sucks when ONEGUY has sway over a situation and can get something closed down. But in reality, it's probably more than just one guy. The one guy probably got the REST of the neighbors up in arms too, and therefore had more of a basis for complaint. Honestly, Iprobably wouldn't want to hear the scream of nitro engines nearby my property either.

I live in a rural area. Most properties are 10 acres or more. I have ten, and across the street, my neighbors have about the same. BEHIND them, is a family who've made a motocross track. Part of the track used to run right along the fence bordering their two properties. When they were out running their bikes, my neighbors couldn't even sit outside by their own pool, the dust and noise was so bad! And these guys aren't running stock mufflers either, their running the obnoxious blatty off-road exhausts. My neighbors were considering moving. Now, I know we live in "the country" and people do what people do, and have the right to do so on their own property. With one caveat: AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T BOTHER THE NEIGHBORS. Imean really, if you're going to be riding dirt bikes on your property, and you KNOW you have people living nearby, why make things worse by using loud exhausts? I'm several hundred yards away, and it annoys ME. If Iwere my neighbors, Iwould have moved a long time ago. At least they moved the track a bit, so it doesn't run right along the fence, and they do try to keep the dust down now.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: Eman77

36 Discovery #200
Irvine, CA 92618

...what, no one got this? C'mon guys.

Of course, I'm still trying to figure out Scottgir's comment.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:25 PM
cumquat

36 Discovery #200
Irvine, CA 92618

that's not heaven, that's wonderland.

michigan is RC heaven. we have sand dunes, woodlands, swamps, wide open fields and there's a saying here, you're never more than 6 miles from water.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:17 PM
big JC

Rc heaven is where ever you are the moment you have a controller in your hand and a smile on your face. A cooler full of beers is extra heavenly.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:30 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: cumquat

36 Discovery #200
Irvine, CA 92618

that's not heaven, that's wonderland.

michigan is RC heaven. we have sand dunes, woodlands, swamps, wide open fields and there's a saying here, you're never more than 6 miles from water.
wouldn't that be RC Boat heaven?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.