Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Nuova Mintor Official Statement

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 03:47 AM
Nuova Mintor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nuova Mintor Official Statement

Hello to everybody!

Yes, you have not been mistaken, this post is an official statement directly from Nuova Mintor.

As you can see we have decided to create an account on this forum (and also on others) in order to communicate with our customers in the most direct and immediate way. Over the past months we have been monitoring many RC enthusiasts communities to gather your opinions and understand what are your needs and desires when it comes to our engines.

We have read your call for a better communication and we think it is time for us to take a step forward and become an active member in the discussion; we would like for our customers to get the most accurate information possible regarding Nuova Mintor, and the best way to do that is to speak for ourselves.

First things first: WE ARE NOT CLOSING.

All the rumors and talks about our closure that have been spread on this forum by some users are completely unfounded and must be considered pure speculation . Having said that, let’s get to the most pressing matter at this time: warranty.

As you have unfortunately understood, right now Top Dawg is not supporting the North American and Canadian customers of Nuova Mintor. There have been some talks between the old Mintor management, Nuova Mintor and Top Dawg, and there are clearly some problems to sort out between us, but this is neither the place nor the time to discuss it. All we can say right now is that you have heard just one side of the story, therefore you should retain from jumping to conclusions.

The most important thing for you to understand is that Nuova Mintor will honor all of its engines warranty. As of today we do not have an official active dealer in the US, thus we cannot say what will be the exact procedure to have your engines repaired. We are currently evaluating all our options, and one of them is to have your engine sent over to our factory in Italy for repairs; as you can understand, this is not the ideal scenario neither for us, because it would not be cost-effective, nor for you, because it would take a long time to have your engines back.

We do know right now this is the last thing you would like to hear, but you have to understand we need some time to sort this problem out, because it is not something that can be arranged in a couple of hours. Further communications regarding how Nuova Mintor will honor the engines warranty will be posted in the following days.

We also intend to post a complete account of what is happening right now at the factory, what is going to happen in the immediate and long-term future and how we are handling all the issues that affects our engines, because it is important for us to let you know the status of our work.

Keep an eye on this forum for further communications, have a nice day.
Nuova Mintor
Old 04-20-2013, 04:53 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Nuova Mintor Official Statement

Nuova Mintor,

Its good to see that at long last you have finally decided to make a public statement about the state of Mintor engines, but it's going to take a lot more than that and a hell of a lot of DOING to begin to erase the sour taste in everyone's mouth regarding the poor QC and little or no warranty support for your engines. Your dealers did their very best for their customers regarding your engines but unfortunately were left high and dry with no factory support from you. We all will be watching and waiting to see how well you live up to the big promises made in the forgoing statement by you Nuvor Mintor. The ball is now in your court and it would be a wise decision not to drop it.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:44 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually its just a follow on from the previous notice sent out by Mintor.

The one posted 6 months ago was a notification of intent. They had problems and started a plan to correct that.
Part of correcting that problem would have been a shift of suppliers which usually leads to supply disruption and unavailability of components.
Then there is the legal entity of Mintor, moving to a new legal entity Nuovo Mintor. Thats takes time and often, financiers are loath to start opening the cash flow taps till the entity is legally up and running.

Then theres the matter of dealing with the past i.e. Mintor. How does Nuovo Mintor fix Mintor's [problems while building its own brand on the scorched earth remains of Mintor? ya difficult when the mob are willing ot burn you. First order of business, work with distributors who have been easy to work with. Thats keeps some taps open.
Next look the tougher relationships and decide how you want to or not move forward with those.

Then the technical issues: Supplier changes don't simply fix problems if here things inherantly wrong. fortunately the good running engiens indicates the designs are sound buta full technical review is probably good for the longer term reliability of Nuovo Mintor. Then new drawings, have to be made, new partsmachines and tested (hopefully) and then into production they go.

This is no 4 week turn around job. Its a turn around plan of at least a year. Patience
Old 04-20-2013, 12:19 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Growing pains take more than one year. The trusted dealers should hang on if there is a base for confidence. Been there where others threw the towel.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:26 PM
TimBle

indeed it certainly can take longer than a year. Just wanted to illustrate that expecting a turnaround to happen in the time it takes to type an email is unrealistic.
Mintor have been around a while. I'm sure in a few years the last year will be a long forgotten memory of overcoming a tough challenge.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:02 AM
flyalot
My Feedback: (63)

How about extending the warranty on engines to cover the time it takes to get all the business aspects of this done. Those of us
who presently have defective engines will be in the same position at the end of the rebuilding of business as we are now. The difference will be
that we can get manufacturing defects fixed (we cannot now) but will have to pay for them as the current warranty will have expired in the interim.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:38 AM
huffy

I am sure if timble's motor shat-it-self he would be screaming like a stuck pig. As it stands the time it has taken to sort my engine out it would have used up 6 months of my 3 year warranty. After all they have my money for an engine I can't use.
Lets hope new mintor can come good. To start the ball rolling they need to send out the parts that have been on order to the dealers so we can get our engines back in the air and start to enjoy them again.
I think that if new mintor can get over this they will do ok in the future.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Joe Butch
My Feedback: (48)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Flying seasons are too short to spend your days with an engine that won't run or you can't get parts or service for. I emailed a week ago, and have heard nothing. Good bye Mintor. There are other choices, Joe Butch
Old 04-26-2013, 06:46 AM
Nuova Mintor

SECOND UPDATE.

The old Mintor management and Top Dawg are talking to sort their problems out; there have been some developments, but we are not yet able to say anything about the US assistance. Unfortunately we still have to ask you to wait a few more days.

What can the American and Canadian customers do in the meantime?
If you need IMMEDIATE assistance, please fill in THIS repair form with the required information and send it via email to [email protected] including a proof of purchase of the engine (sales receipt). This way we can start preparing all the material we need in order to perform a repair on your engines.

What has Nuova Mintor done in the past weeks?

As I said earlier, Nuova Mintor decided to address the lack of communication problem appointing a person with a good English knowledge to manage an official account on some RC enthusiasts forum, and that would be me.

We have gathered a lot of inputs both from our clients and our dealers regarding the problems that are afflicting our engines, and we have identified what could be the cause of a lot of them. Nuova Mintor has put a great deal of effort to sort the situation out.

We have acquired new equipment in order to perform precise and accurate quality controls both on the products that we directly manufacture and the ones we order from our suppliers.

We have thoroughly reviewed all of the old company suppliers and we have found that some of them did not stand Nuova Mintor higher quality standards; we can affirm we have connected some of the issues that have affected our engines to those old partners, and therefore we decided to employ different, more reliable companies with years of knowledge in their respective field.

We are investigating the lack of compression problem, the piston to bore clearance and other issues that have been pointed out to us; we think we have found some solutions to these matters and we are testing them.

We are also checking out other possible problems that a very small percentage of our customers reported to us; we are trying to understand if they can be connected to a design flaw or need to be considered as unlucky events, due to singular production errors. In order to do so, we are in contact with our new and experienced partners to speed up the process.

ORIGINAL: Joe Butch

Flying seasons are too short to spend your days with an engine that won't run or you can't get parts or service for. I emailed a week ago, and have heard nothing. Good bye Mintor. There are other choices, Joe Butch
I am very sorry to hear this, I must apologize on behalf of Nuova Mintor for your email not being answered. Right now we, as you can imagine, we are flooded with email, that is why some of them had gone unanswered; we are sorry about this and we do apologize, we will try and respond to every email we receive.

If you need anything else, please feel free to ask.

Have a nice day!
Old 01-21-2015, 01:38 PM
javosk

Please, can you tell me if you have some email address where I can ask something about the mintor engine?

When a web page will be available?

thank you
Old 01-25-2015, 07:29 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look for cyberwolf ...he does some work on Mintor engines.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:11 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mintor themselves has apparently faded away?

You are going to need to try alternate resources like mentioned above.