Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Another Fine Day With FEJ

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Another Fine Day With FEJ

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 02:33 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another Fine Day With FEJ

Keith,

Denial is a tough condition to get over but at least try. You would actually probably find acceptance within our group if you followed my advice, which BTW is what you were told at PNS and other times in private.

Remember...if you have to tell someone how good you are...you aren't.

Beave

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

Your so full of it, you saw me fly at Pen Jets a couple times right after started, and at GA jets I just flew around trying to stay out of the way of all the other jets in air. The fact is you have not once seen me fly at my own field in a comfy setting, so say what you like I was never out of control with my f-16 in GA jets.
This is a normal flight for me, I dont baby it, I fly around and do loops and rolls full speed passes, what else can you do with a SCALE jet? Its not like a 3d plane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvWZcm261VE

Spanked? Really Pete how about you don't send me pms trying to break the ''ice'' to be friends anymore, thats exactly why I dont like you.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:57 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 04-22-2013, 03:02 PM
vega406
My Feedback: (73)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB83OHRxrhQ&list=FL1WaEE_c9ZzlJ8gxRhdcrk[/youtube] .................................................. .................................................. ......................My 2010 model flown by Shui at 2.28 i told him show me what it can handle and he did...nose wheel problem is fixed...
Old 04-22-2013, 03:16 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lil Hoss

[snip]

Noooooo, I can't comment on it flying ability YET. But again saying I flew other models. I feel this model will fly well and hold up.
Some day in the near future I hope to come to this forum with a successful report on my maiden

Hoss........
Hoss,

I'm sure it will fly great - my FEJ 1/9 F-15 did and I'm sure your's is very similar. If it holds up better than mine did, I you will like it a lot.

The only problems with mine were getting the landing gear working correctly at the beginning, and holding it together (and fixing fuel tank leaks) at the end. BTW, its still flying - somewhere, I forget who owns it now...

Bob
Old 04-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Aussie Bart

At no point did I associate flutter with a plastic horn, my point was that I used a plastic horn that failed which then led to flutter at the 150 mph+ speed I was doing! I'm sure that "back in the day" when you were using plastic horns on DF you did not have the speed envelope or mass we do now, do you still use plastic horns?? if so maybe we better start a thread about the policy's of plastic horns and let the shrills give you a roasting.

Seriously Scott, don't treat me like a fool..........

ORIGINAL: jetpilot

I have used plastic arms on full flying stabs. Back in the day we didn't have metal arms.
I had an AD F16 with full flying stabs. It was perfect with 8411 and plastic arms. No flutter. I even used a big arm and last hole!
My 2 BVM F100 used plastic arms and 8411. Linkage on last hole no flutter either.
Designed correctly it works fine.
Scott
Old 04-22-2013, 03:30 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I am not trying to deny anything and absolutely do not think I am the best at flying jets/, 3D planes or helis! I flew f-16 a lot at my field pulling tight figure 8s loops and rolls, and from what I have seen just like others fly their F-16s so your labeling me on what a total of 7 flights at two events? I listen to things worth listening to, I have learned a lot from people around here, but just being on the FEJ hate wagon because your trying to earn respect of people on a forum I will never do. I get it! you guys think FEJ sucks, so okay don't buy them but stop jumping people that do and have success with them. I felt sorry for Dubd as well, his thread started out with good intentions but has totally lost its value. I cannot attend as many events as you guys, I am full time Army but the way you people act on here doesn't encourage me to go anyway. Event flying isn't fun for me, its stressful with 5-6 jets in the air at one time and being rushed to land because of fuel sequencing like they had at GA jets isnt fun. As for the acceptance within the group, I am not going there, its a hobby there is no reason to prove yourself to anyone.
ORIGINAL: bevar

Keith,

Denial is a tough condition to get over but at least try. You would actually probably find acceptance within our group if you followed my advice, which BTW is what you were told at PNS and other times in private.

Remember...if you have to tell someone how good you are...you aren't.

Beave

Your so full of it, you saw me fly at Pen Jets a couple times right after started, and at GA jets I just flew around trying to stay out of the way of all the other jets in air. The fact is you have not once seen me fly at my own field in a comfy setting, so say what you like I was never out of control with my f-16 in GA jets.
This is a normal flight for me, I dont baby it, I fly around and do loops and rolls full speed passes, what else can you do with a SCALE jet? Its not like a 3d plane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvWZcm261VE

Spanked? Really Pete how about you don't send me pms trying to break the ''ice'' to be friends anymore, thats exactly why I dont like you.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:35 PM
FenderBean

Just keep putting words and false meaning to my examples, and if your trying to say I flew over the pit area or past some no fly line your are just making up lies now.
would you like to act like a kid and make fun of something else, or does prime time require you to put a pilot in your jet to? Okay im done with this I dont even know why I unblocked you
ORIGINAL: rcjets_63

...at GA jets I just flew around trying to stay out of the way of all the other jets in air. The fact is you have not once seen me fly at my own field in a comfy setting....

....I fly around and do loops and rolls full speed passes, what else can you do with a SCALE jet?...

A comfy setting? Sounds like someone isn't ready for prime time. At Kentucky, you might want to get your flying done before 8am. Last year I was flying shoulder to shoulder with ten other guys during the showdown. You might not want to try that.

As for that flying behind the kill line crap, you won't want to try that crap at KY or any other AMA event. That'll get you grounded faster than an FEJ honeycomb jet built per manufacturer's instructions.

Scale jet maneuvers include Cuban 8, Immelmann, Split S, Derry Roll, Slow Roll, 4 Point Roll, Positive G Roll, Inverted Flight, Dirty Flyby, Vertical Roll, Procedure Turn, and a loop just to name a few. Keep learning.

BTW, nice scale pilot in your F-16. Is that the Invisible Man or The Headless Horseman?

Who is Pete?
Old 04-22-2013, 03:47 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Aussie Bart

At no point did I associate flutter with a plastic horn, my point was that I used a plastic horn that failed which then led to flutter at the 150 mph+ speed I was doing! I'm sure that ''back in the day'' when you were using plastic horns on DF you did not have the speed envelope or mass we do now, do you still use plastic horns?? if so maybe we better start a thread about the policy's of plastic horns and let the shrills give you a roasting.

Seriously Scott, don't treat me like a fool..........

I have used plastic arms on full flying stabs. Back in the day we didn't have metal arms.
I had an AD F16 with full flying stabs. It was perfect with 8411 and plastic arms. No flutter. I even used a big arm and last hole!
My 2 BVM F100 used plastic arms and 8411. Linkage on last hole no flutter either.
Designed correctly it works fine.
Scott

Who said ducted fans? This was a turbine. I been flying turbines since 99. We didn't have metals arms back then. Plastic is fine when a jet is designed properly. Overcompensating for poor designs is what guys are left with theses days.
My F100 had plastic arms and was capable of extreme speeds.
Why is it so impossible to help any of you guys?
Scott
Old 04-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Now this is starting to just sound like bullying. Guys, you have plenty of firm ground to stand on with regard to your issues with FEJ and Dantley's plane. The X-ray, video and their comment on their web site are all the argument anyone would ever need to make this case. Some of the stuff I'm reading that's being directed at Fenderbean is unnecessary, ungentlemanly and just plain mean. You guys are better than this. []
Old 04-22-2013, 03:59 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Fender did take credit for FEJ success.
He's just trying to make sure those discounts keep coming at all cost! Even if it ends up costing everbody else.
Scott
Old 04-22-2013, 04:00 PM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Takes a big guy to have an avator like yours and make statements like you just made about the petty nature of this thread. You are 100% correct in your comments. Thanks for posting them.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:04 PM
dubd

FEJ must be loving this. They want the boycott to turn into an angry mob. Let's not give them the satisfaction.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:14 PM
mario tavarez14
My Feedback: (37)

children from the other side are here talking the same garbage about fej
Old 04-22-2013, 04:18 PM
FenderBean

I wish! That would mean 13+k I spent for the f-14/f-15 is still in my bank account!!!

Fender did take credit for FEJ success.
He's just trying to make sure those discounts keep coming at all cost! Even if it ends up costing everbody else.
Scott
Old 04-22-2013, 04:37 PM
rcjets_63

Old 04-22-2013, 04:56 PM
cjgillette
My Feedback: (15)

What a bunch of self righteous haters. If you have good luck with FEJ, then apparently you're a troll or an idiot. The "spanked" comment really takes the cake here- spanked my ass. You just looked like a self righteous p#@@k by saying that. Nothing was said to deserve the personal attacks. You jackwads have your forum. At first I felt bad that you lost your planes. Now I just laugh - of course it just COULDN'T be YOUR fault. To suggest that would be to suggest that you're fallible as opposed to the amazing, indescribably awesome pilots you are. The rest of us mere mortals quake at the thought of being on the same field.

God, go get yorselves a room.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:07 PM
M3Baker

First, let me say how sorry I am for Dubd's loss.  I too lost a jet a few weeks ago and it really sucks!  I read all 41 pages of the FEJ thread he started and was amazed by what some folks will say. I don't really have an opinion on what should happen between him and FEJ, but I will say I learned a lot by reading all of the messages.

But, most importantly, I want to respond to some of the comments thrown Fender's way.  He is a friend of mine and he is a good guy.  Maybe he does not like the stress of flying at events when the sky is full of jets.  That's his deal, and in my opinion, his business.  But if you want to talk about stress, and be critical of him?  How about the stress the guy has been through flying an attack heli IN ACTUAL COMBAT when bullets were flying both ways?  I respect the guy a heck of a lot and I would never stoop so low to say he was timid when flying at events (which, in my opinion questions his nerve).  He's got more of that than most of you (who don't really know him) will ever know. 

Fender, you will always be my bro.  And I don't give a darn what kind of jet you fly or rep.  I also really appreciate the help you gave me when I decided to get into jets.  You're a true friend, and I won't sit by while folks are bashing you. 

Semper fi!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:13 PM
FenderBean

You know once again you know everything!!! At our club we have the option to land with the runway or perpendicular to the runway and since I was the only one flying I had the option to fly from my 9 o'clock pos to the 6 o'clock!!!!!!! At a different club or event I would follow the pattern and follow rules just like everyone else!!! So please tell me more I don't know about flying at the club I was president at for 3 years.

Just keep putting words and false meaning to my examples, and if your trying to say I flew over the pit area or past some no fly line your are just making up lies now.

As for that flying behind the kill line crap, you won't want to try that crap at KY or any other AMA event. That'll get you grounded faster than an FEJ honeycomb jet built per manufacturer's instructions.
Fender,

Please have a peek at the video of you flying your F-16 ''Bama Style'' at your ''comfy field'' in post #49 on page 2 of this thread. Below is a photo from the video taken at 4:12. It pretty much speaks for itself.

Perhaps there is no kill line at your home field. However, there is one at every jet meet I've ever been to.

I reiterate, ''As for that flying behind the kill line crap, you won't want to try that crap at KY or any other AMA event. That'll get you grounded faster than an FEJ honeycomb jet built per manufacturer's instructions.''

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvWZcm261VE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvWZcm261VE[/link]

Regards,

Jim
Old 04-22-2013, 05:22 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Hi,

Now this is starting to just sound like bullying. Guys, you have plenty of firm ground to stand on with regard to your issues with FEJ and Dantley's plane. The X-ray, video and their comment on their web site are all the argument anyone would ever need to make this case. Some of the stuff I'm reading that's being directed at Fenderbean is unnecessary, ungentlemanly and just plain mean. You guys are better than this. []
Right on Shawn! As a completely neutral observer ie. no FEJ jets and no interest in them, many of you guys are acheiving the exact opposite results of what you are looking for. Dubd had a legitimate stand but, a group of 6 or so "friends" have ruined it for him by their tactics.

Mike
Old 04-22-2013, 05:22 PM
rcjets_63

Keith,

I never said there was a kill line at your club. I said don't fly like that at KY or any other AMA event.

If you are going to follow the pattern/rules like everyone else, great. Thank you.

Regards,

Jim
Old 04-22-2013, 05:31 PM
dubd

Can we please stop the personal attacks? No one benefits. Keith has a strong personality and it can rub people the wrong way. I'm sure the same can be said about me right now. Keith never lied to me when it came to FEJ or the F-14. That act was solely on a single rep. If you want to bash anyone, bash him!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:37 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: dubd

Can we please stop the personal attacks? No one benefits. Keith has a strong personality and it can rub people the wrong way. I'm sure the same can be said about me right now. Keith never lied to me when it came to FEJ or the F-14. That act was solely on a single rep. If you want to bash anyone, bash him!
Let me just quitely suggest that everybody start paying attention to dubd's message. There are a few members here that are flirting with a time out. Either everybody starts discussing these issues like mature adults or I'm going to step in and start dealing with those that can't seem to get along with those that disagree with them.

I suggest that all the bickering, name calling, and other childish behavior stop now!!!!

Ken

Old 04-22-2013, 06:00 PM
cjgillette
My Feedback: (15)

Way to back peddle Jim.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:03 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Man this is getting really sad...I knew this was going to happen..It doesn't supries me that people wouldn't give up trying to make there point. I have seen it in everything from this hobby to racing, fishing, golf, flying fullsize etc.....

It really is cause by one thing EGO!

Let it go.

If the guys that are flying the FEJ want to build and fly them I sure by now they understand what they are dealing with when it comes to Quality.

If anyone breaks the rules at events that what the Contest Director job is for.

If some flys anything out side of a AMA flying site or AMA sponsor event they can do what they want. YES they are responsable for the actions if it damages or hurts someone. That is a risk they take but remember the last time I check we are still a free country.

Thank you Fender for you service to keep it that way. I am really sorry that you have be attacted by you own that you protect. I don't know you and have not meet you but I know I will someday and will personally thank you.

I hope we can all get a long. I hate to see this period.

I understand what and why the guys are mad at FEJ but they shouldn't take it out on the guys and gals that enjoy doing the same thing as they.

Think next time before you type..You never know when you may need that person's help.

No one here is the bad guy so stop taking it out on them..
Old 04-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

Fender - stop falling into these kids traps, rcu bullies.  just like u told me.  you can't when with these guys  Great f-16 great flying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.