Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Sig Koverall

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 03:32 PM
stash4466

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Koverall

Hi guys! I am thinking about covering my plane with sig koverall. Is this a good material to use? Anything better ? Is this an easy to use material? Anything close to this on the market? stash4466
Old 04-22-2013, 03:45 PM
ARUP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sig Koverall

It's great for open structure aircraft that you will be painting or varnishing (I do that a lot with my antique birds!). Folks like some 'brands' of polyester fabrics and their adhesives better than others. Personally, I've only used Koverall with Stix-It and love them so until my supply runs out I can't purchase any other brands. What are ya building?
Old 04-22-2013, 03:54 PM
stash4466

Building a 1/4 scale waco taperwing! Want the fabric look!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Top_Gunn
My Feedback: (6)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Koverall is wonderful stuff: shrinks great and stays shrunk. The only drawback (sort of) is that it doesn't have its own adhesive. This is good for weight-saving but adds time. I've used both nitrate dope and Stix It to attach it. My impression is that Stix It holds tighter, and I use that where a lot of shrinking is in store (e.g. on the rudder of a Cub, where you have to shrink the fabric a lot to get the right look).
Old 04-23-2013, 03:12 AM
yel914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used Koverall on a couple of Waco UPF7s and was pleased with the results. I used Solartex on a Heinkel 51 and liked using that also. Overall, I found the Solartex a bit easier to use, probably because of the self adhesive. They're both great products.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:05 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used Koverall for years. Light, tough, easy to use, same goes for Solartex. But here recently I have starting useing the PolyLite polyester. About the same as Koverall with one major exception, the weave is tighter and fills much, much, easier. For fabric finishes PolyLite is my cover of choice from now on. I have added a few links for you to reference Polylite being used as well as Koverall.
Polylite http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_80...tm.htm#8053911
Polylite http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11328170
Koverall http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_27...tm.htm#2708451
Old 04-23-2013, 04:52 AM
stash4466

Thanks for all the help guys! I will be using koverall!