Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Finding 2 channel dsm2 transmitter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Finding 2 channel dsm2 transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 05:25 PM
rbeugn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding 2 channel dsm2 transmitter

I am looking for a 2 channel dsm2 transmitter. I have several 3 channel dsm2 receivers. I am lone basher and don't need anything fancy. Spektrum makes what I need with lots of bells and whistles that I don't need or want. Steering and speed trim and reversal is all I need.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:52 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Finding 2 channel dsm2 transmitter

No problem...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2Ch_Tx_Rx.html
Old 05-03-2013, 01:29 PM
rbeugn

It Is not a dsm2 transmittrer
Old 05-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Foxy

Sorry, failed to spot the '2' part of that in your original post. Can I ask what the purpose of this radio is to be?
Old 05-03-2013, 08:20 PM
rbeugn

orange dsm2 receivers ($10.00 vs $40.00 to $50.00 for dsm) to use in rc boats and cars. I want use as few transmitters as possible. I've got 4 transmitters on 7 cars and 3 on 5 boats and more on the way
Old 05-04-2013, 01:12 AM
Foxy

I had a good look around, I can't find anything but the spektrum stuff either, which I agree is overpriced.

I have an alternative though, if the reason you want DSM2 is only because of receiver cost...(if it's for range reasons, obviously this won't help much, but still worth a try...), check this out... http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html , I have quite some experience with it as a car radio, its a real bargain. The plastics are a little flimsy in some areas, but if you are careful with your equipment as I am, this shouldn't be a problem, they aren't weak, they just aren't as tough as some others.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html

Receivers are $7.40 a pop and the TX has a 10 model memory, so perhaps one for watercraft and one for wheeled?
Old 05-04-2013, 03:17 AM
rbeugn

Thanks for the effort, I found a Spektrum transmitter on ebay $80.00 plus $15.00 for shipping in Spektrum's description says it will operate both dsm and dsm2 receivers. Model sprm2400. I bought 3 of the orange receivers thinking dsm and dsm2 were interchangeable, only Spektrum has dsm2