Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Old 04-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Ddaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Ddaddy - Two black eyes, healing well!

Glad to hear! Pictures?

Old 04-23-2013, 03:22 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

With regards to the YEP I've just bought the 80 amp version and this video would be very helpfull to you. Hopefully you ordered the programming card for it as well as it makes it a bazillion times easier to setup.

I can't see any advantage of using Gov mode unless your doing mad sport or 3d flying.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf0iBo4aiCQ

Watching that video got me thinking. When I was progamming my ESC I just changed all the settings and when I got to the end just hit the send button.
Maybe with the Turnigy card you need to hit the set button with every change. Must go and plug it back in to see if its still set properly.

That guy has a big video series on building the Tarot 450. It would take a whole day to watch them all.

Mine is ready to go again as the parts came in a day early. One thing to watch if you are ordering parts is the main bearings. Tarot have 2 different bearing blocks.

This one which comes with the kits. www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-pro-parts-tl4502702-metal-main-shaft-bearing-block-p-62751.html
And this one which is the Align copy. www.oomodel.com/metal-main-shaft-bearing-block-tl45027-p-60936.html

They dont sell the bearings for the kit blocks as I found out. They only sell the Align ones. Luckily I ordered 2 spare blocks so Im good to go.

Just for reference the Align bearings are 5x11x5 while the V2 blocks use 5x13x4 bearings in case you need to replace them.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:29 PM
ingleburn

@ Edmond. Hope you get some flying done this weekend. The muscle memory will return pretty quickly.

@ Brian. Have fun on another week off. Look after those eyes, and cant wait to see some vids with that new camera.

@ All. Hoping to test fly the rebuilt heli tomorrow. No more backwards flight for me for a while.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:30 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

With regards to the YEP I've just bought the 80 amp version and this video would be very helpfull to you. Hopefully you ordered the programming card for it as well as it makes it a bazillion times easier to setup.

I can't see any advantage of using Gov mode unless your doing mad sport or 3d flying.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf0iBo4aiCQ

Watching that video got me thinking. When I was progamming my ESC I just changed all the settings and when I got to the end just hit the send button.
Maybe with the Turnigy card you need to hit the set button with every change. Must go and plug it back in to see if its still set properly.
That guy has a big video series on building the Tarot 450. It would take a whole day to watch them all.
Mine is ready to go again as the parts came in a day early. One thing to watch if you are ordering parts is the main bearings. Tarot have 2 different bearing blocks.
This one which comes with the kits. www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-pro-parts-tl4502702-metal-main-shaft-bearing-block-p-62751.html
And this one which is the Align copy. www.oomodel.com/metal-main-shaft-bearing-block-tl45027-p-60936.html
They dont sell the bearings for the kit blocks as I found out. They only sell the Align ones. Luckily I ordered 2 spare blocks so Im good to go.
Just for reference the Align bearings are 5x11x5 while the V2 blocks use 5x13x4 bearings in case you need to replace them.
If your using the Turnigy plush programming card, you have to hit enter after each setting to select it, i think there's a beep or something. I always then power everything off and then reconnect and check the card to make sure it's all correct. I have had a softstart setting go back to default for no reason on one of my plush 40amps which I cannot explain but apart from that they are solid.

Thanks for the heads up on the bearing blocks... i'm like you I would probably just buy the whole block.

The cpo video series onthe tarot 450 pro v2 is very good. As it turns out I helped the guy a fair amount when he first started as he was a complete newby and I'd built a few of those kits so I was able to offer him some pointers and fix a few things he's done wrong.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:42 PM
ahamay

What are you getting the 80 amp ESC for? Maybe a 500 build.
Yeah, I'm going to do a 500 build next. It might take a while to get it all happening and built but I'm looking forward to it. The prices for the 500 parts etc are not that much more than the 450 now. I think the slightly bigger heli will be easier to work on and be more visible and handle the wind a lot better than the 450,plus I won't have to listen to Brian telling me to get a bigger heli anymore.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:50 PM
rikybob

What are you getting the 80 amp ESC for? Maybe a 500 build.[img][/img]
Yeah, I'm going to do a 500 build next. It might take a while to get it all happening and built but I'm looking forward to it. You should! The prices for the 500 parts etc are not that much more than the 450 now. Yup, you get two instead of three for the price! I think the slightly bigger heli will be easier to work on and be more visible and handle the wind a lot better than the 450 (The build goes in about 1/3 the time. BAM it's done!) ,plus I won't have to listen to Brian telling me to get a bigger heli anymore (WHAT?!!?!??! I don't recall having said a word )([img][/img].

Heheh!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:47 PM
rikybob

So here's the test of the 808 # 16!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCSFyzTgFxA[/youtube]
Old 04-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Ddaddy

http://www.goblin-helicopter.com/sho...x.php?cPath=96

Old 04-24-2013, 02:25 PM
ingleburn

What are you getting the 80 amp ESC for? Maybe a 500 build.
Yeah, I'm going to do a 500 build next. It might take a while to get it all happening and built but I'm looking forward to it. The prices for the 500 parts etc are not that much more than the 450 now. I think the slightly bigger heli will be easier to work on and be more visible and handle the wind a lot better than the 450,plus I won't have to listen to Brian telling me to get a bigger heli anymore.

Good on you. What incarnation are you getting? HK, Tarot, Align.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Kozzy_98

Well, the build seems to be progressing nicely...

A nice little tip that I found was to put the motor on when there is no bottom plate and landing skids. Makes it ALOT easier to do so.

I have put in the HXT900s with my bigger size of Self-Tapping screws and they are as solid a a rock.

However, when disassembling the head yesterday to apply threadlocker, I ended up breaking a screw on the swash plate. I am a bit disappointed, but I grabbed a 450pro swash which fits perfectly, no issues there.

I will install the main gear, get a nice mesh, set up the head, finish off the main body and afterwards move towards the tail.

Aside from the screw breaking in the swash, the build is progressing nicely!

PS. Does anyone know how to fix a bent "milkjug" canopy? Should I use some hot water and bend it into place?

Old 04-24-2013, 02:58 PM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

Got a nagging problem fixed today on the wifeymobile!

Afterwards I went to the flying club and got in 4 flights in 20 + kt winds.

1st flight was timid and the 4th was old hat!

Enjoyed the fellowship immensely (almost as much as flying)!

My "Dork Hat" didn't level properly for my flying but I got some good viddy of other fliers.

New dork cap assembled and will be tested.

Off the grid for a while!

All the best!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GbfeBeia5U[/youtube]
Old 04-24-2013, 03:56 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Well, the build seems to be progressing nicely...

A nice little tip that I found was to put the motor on when there is no bottom plate and landing skids. Makes it ALOT easier to do so.

I have put in the HXT900s with my bigger size of Self-Tapping screws and they are as solid a a rock.

However, when disassembling the head yesterday to apply threadlocker, I ended up breaking a screw on the swash plate. I am a bit disappointed, but I grabbed a 450pro swash which fits perfectly, no issues there.

I will install the main gear, get a nice mesh, set up the head, finish off the main body and afterwards move towards the tail.

Aside from the screw breaking in the swash, the build is progressing nicely!

PS. Does anyone know how to fix a bent "milkjug" canopy? Should I use some hot water and bend it into place?

Just check using a pro swash on the gt . The linkages will not be straight to the servos as the pro swash is bigger.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:06 AM
sgbfly

A quick headsup for my friends here. This Turnigy 1/16th hex screw driver is back in stock at Hobbyking. It is perfect for shifting those slightly rounded 1.5mm grub screws and hex screws as it is fractionally larger than a regular 1.5mm Hex Driver / Allen key. I have one and the quality seems good. Well worth adding to an order....

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=22648

Simon
Old 04-25-2013, 05:43 AM
rikybob

Woot!

Got my "Dork Kap" squared away!

All the best!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHFKDvOhdmw[/youtube]
Old 04-25-2013, 11:01 PM
Kozzy_98

Hi guys,

Took the beast for a fly today at the oval and had some fun in FF. Did 6 packs, and it was starting to get dark by the 6th pack.

I am not sure if I like the LH gy520 gyro that much. There is a drift in it to the right. Tried to adjust the linkage rod and then adjusted the limits, but that did not work. There is also a bit of nodding in the cyclic during FF, that is, the tail bouncing up and down. This suggests a slightly bent main shaft as I cannot get the blades to track properly.

Other than that, towards the end of the day I was flying FF, then as I am turning, I climbed and did some piros, then came bak towards myself. So I was quite happy with that.

Sadly, the keychain cam had no juice left in it, and Im sorry about that.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:00 AM
sgbfly

Hi guys,

Took the beast for a fly today at the oval and had some fun in FF. Did 6 packs, and it was starting to get dark by the 6th pack.

I am not sure if I like the LH gy520 gyro that much. There is a drift in it to the right. Tried to adjust the linkage rod and then adjusted the limits, but that did not work. There is also a bit of nodding in the cyclic during FF, that is, the tail bouncing up and down. This suggests a slightly bent main shaft as I cannot get the blades to track properly.

Other than that, towards the end of the day I was flying FF, then as I am turning, I climbed and did some piros, then came bak towards myself. So I was quite happy with that.

Sadly, the keychain cam had no juice left in it, and Im sorry about that.
Hi Kozzy,

Mems gyros are vibration sensitive and if there is a vibration problem it often shows up as a tail drift in hover. Very often it's a high frequency vibration so check out the tail shaft, grips, blades. The nodding is your main shaft and blade track - fix this first and it may clear up your tail issues too! If not then it's likely something that spins fast!

Simon

Old 04-26-2013, 02:21 AM
Kozzy_98

Thanks mate!
Old 04-26-2013, 02:51 AM
Edmund2

Brian, I am well and can not wait for the next 4 1/2 ours to pass before I can get out of the office. Been going nuts over here. Went for a haircut on Monday afternoon as was saddened to watch the same  bunch of hair being dark on the front but gray at the back falling on my lap as the gentleman cut it. 

Lipos for the macpx are charged and the 550's will goon charge when we arrive at the famr tomorrow morning. Yes I will be taking a few of those things that drills holes into targets along as well.  Bought a new Nightforce scope for the .338 Lapua and will test it. Apparently this combination are used by long range snipers. Zapped the bottom of a Coke can at 500m a few weekends ago with the old scope attached.

All enjoy your weekend and flying if you can get to it.

Edmund
Old 04-26-2013, 04:36 AM
rikybob

Woot!

b

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0P9uSBesF4[/youtube]
Old 04-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Ddaddy

Hey Kozzy, I've had tracking issues that was because of grips not being tightened equally so double check as that's an easy one

Edmund, 500m! Wow, even under perfect conditions that's tough.

rb....I think the dork cam stll needs work...or maybe your just not dorky enough!

Flying a plane is SO much easier than flying a heli! I did do my first FPV attempt...as as I feared, I didn't know where the heck I was at. Thankfully I had a copilot and took my googles off... it didn't take too long to find the plane but it seemed like a long time!

And I swear someone edited my video in flight because I DID NOT fly that close to that telephone pole on the 450! On another note, I've still impressed with the #3 keycam and how good a snapshot frame is!

Old 04-26-2013, 04:10 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Great flying on the SS.  Got both the gaui 425 and trex 500 rebuilt gaiu is still flybaless and flys great I put the trex back to flybar because Rob said that is the way he flys. I put a Futaba gy611 system on it what a gyro! Got it at a swap meet last weekend gave a os 91 four stroke and got 50$ for the system I think I did well, but I will miss my engine. I had to add some nose weight because the servo is full sized and heavy, but she is still lighter than the gaui.  Rain here this weekend and have to work, I hope to get some flying in here and there.

Ddaddy any closer and you will eat a pole!!! The power co. may be interested in you doing pole inspections!

Take care  happy flying   Hugh

Old 04-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Kozzy_98

Hi guys, replaced the main shaft, checked that the blades were equally tight but there was still the same nodding, blades out of track and the tail drift.

I have a set of Blade Grips + feathering shaft + respective bearings/bolts etc. Would that help?
Old 04-27-2013, 01:43 AM
ahamay

Hi guys, replaced the main shaft, checked that the blades were equally tight but there was still the same nodding, blades out of track and the tail drift.

I have a set of Blade Grips + feathering shaft + respective bearings/bolts etc. Would that help?

Hi Kozzy, what headspeed, motor and pinion are you running ? If your headspeed is too low it will cause a porpoise. With regards to the drift, have you setup your tail linkage so you get no drift in rate mode ? Normally once you do this, you can flick to heading hold and the tail should be solid.

Jonesy

Old 04-27-2013, 03:09 AM
Kozzy_98

The motor is a Turnigy Typhoon 3450Kv, 12T pinion. Higher headspeed the other 450s.
The tail is setup mechaniallly in rate mode.
Another issue is that I still cannot get the blades to track correctly, even after replacing the main shaft...
Old 04-27-2013, 03:15 AM
ahamay

The motor is a Turnigy Typhoon 3450Kv, 12T pinion. Higher headspeed the other 450s.
The tail is setup mechaniallly in rate mode.
Another issue is that I still cannot get the blades to track correctly, even after replacing the main shaft...
If your running 100% throttle curve with a 12t it should be more than enought headspeed. Do you have a different set of blades you can try ? Also have you weighed the blades and balanced them ?

Did you end up getting the set of adjustable linkages with the reverse thread on one end of the rod. You can get the tracking perfect then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.