Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Servo programmer issues

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Servo programmer issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 06:36 AM
grosbeak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Servo programmer issues

A friend lent me a Hitec HPP-21+ so I could program a couple of servos - I was able to use it successfully to program the elevator servos on my SBach.

After I replaced the aileron servos a couple of weeks ago I decided to test the Hitec HS-5625s that came out (let's call them #1 and #2). Here's where things started getting strange.
[*]I tested both servos; #1 was fine in digital mode but #2 gave the message "SERVO Not Connected or Analog SERVO Connected. Check SERVO or Click Refresh Button, Please. I shrugged, labeled them both and put them away.[*]Last night I connected #1 and, intending to use it as the throttle servo for the DLE 20 in the Pulse 125, programmed the end points for a 120 degree sweep - no problem. I unplugged it.[*]I plugged #1 in again to check it for something, and I got the "No servo or analog servo" message and the servo would not respond to the manual or automatic sweep tests. I plugged it into a receiver to test it and it worked, but the programmed 120º sweep and the endpoints I set were gone.[*]I tried #2 and it still showed "Servo not connected or analog", and it would not respond to the tests either.[*]I charged the battery (I'm powering the servos with a 5-cell 6.0V NiMH w/ 2000 mAh) but a test this morning revealed that nothing had changed.[*]

I checked the manual and Google for possible solutions but didn't get very far. Has any of this ever happened to you?
Old 04-25-2013, 08:53 AM
rlipsett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servo programmer issues

first off two servos can never be plugged into the programmer at the same time. the programmer can only see one servo at a time for programming and will get confused if it tries to talk to two. you can sweep both at the same time but not program. check to see if your white signal wire is intermittent connection or try plugging into servo connection 2 of the programmer, possible bad solder joint. as for anything else I would have to see you use it to see if anything was done wrong.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Gtarling

It's possible that a newer programmer won't recognize an older servo. If the programmer worked OK with your new(?) elevator servos, then I think this is the most likely answer. If you know anyone with an older programmer, it may be worth a try with that.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:18 AM
dignlivn

Make sure the mini USB plug is all the in on the programmer.

Bob
Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 AM
grosbeak

ORIGINAL: Gtarling

It's possible that a newer programmer won't recognize an older servo. If the programmer worked OK with your new(?) elevator servos, then I think this is the most likely answer. If you know anyone with an older programmer, it may be worth a try with that.
Two reasons why I don't think this is the issue:

1. It worked the first time
2. The HS-5625MG is listed as compatible with the programmer

Thanks for the suggestion, though!
Old 05-01-2013, 03:46 PM
akbowen
My Feedback: (7)

New post on an old thread...

I purchased a HPP-21 programmer. Works great, well that is it works well when using Windows XP. I had hoped to use my laptop (much easier to haul to the garage) which is running Windows 7. The software installs in Win 7, but when started the program gives me an error message about a missing component or unregistered file. I've gotten the job done that I bought the programmer for, but I would like to be able to use it again and in the garage.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:47 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Try this,, right click on the program icon, select properties, Compatibility tab, and select win xp, hit apply and open it and see if it works for ya,,

good luck

p.s.,, mine runs in Vista just fine
Old 05-02-2013, 03:20 AM
scale only 4 me

ORIGINAL: grosbeak

I tried #2 and it still showed "Servo not connected or analog

I checked the manual and Google for possible solutions but didn't get very far. Has any of this ever happened to you?
Yes I've gotten that error many times,,

Try to re-start the program with everything plugged in and power on before you open the program,
It then would see the servo in my case at least..

Good luck

Old 05-02-2013, 04:25 AM
grosbeak

What eventually worked for me was the following:

1. Plug in USB cable
2. Plug in battery
3. Start software
4. Plug in servo

However, the last time I programed the servo the programming didn't "take". It reverted to default when I plugged it back into the receiver. Argh!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:44 AM
scale only 4 me

I've never had that happen,, try to restore factory defaults before making changes, see if it takes then,,
Old 05-02-2013, 01:40 PM
akbowen
My Feedback: (7)

That got it working on my Win 7 machine. Thanks.