Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Imax B6 help! No LiPo program

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 06:31 AM
skylane42
My Feedback: (53)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Imax B6 help! No LiPo program

I got my Imax B6 charger out and plugged in the AC power supply. I pressed the stop button to scroll thru the programs to get to the Lipo program. The only program that comes up, for lithium batteries, in Program Select is LiIo. I can`t get to the LiPo program. Is my charger shot or is there a fix?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:44 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Default RE: Imax B6 help! No LiPo program

You need to go to user settings program area/item and choose the lithium voltage which will switch the charger between lion, lipo, life. Basically a submenu. The charger is set up for nicd, pb, nimh, and lithium(but then 3 lithium chemistries within that).
If you only use LIPO then go to user settings and change the lithium to 3.7 volt (nominal). It will then display LIPO.
If you will use LIPO and LIFE or LION then choose the LIPO and then save some battery settings in the memory slots. You can then load the ones saved no matter what the current lithium voltages is active.
There should be a flow chart with the charger which will show you the additional lithium choice in user settings.
Hope this helps. It is confusing, I know.

If you don't have a manual. Look at page 10 and 11 etc. here.

https://astecmodels.co.uk/pdfs/Imax-B6%20manual.pdf

Old 04-26-2013, 04:16 AM
skylane42
My Feedback: (53)

Default RE: Imax B6 help! No LiPo program

Thanks, After I decided that something was wrong with the program and after going over the manual and trying a dozen times, I ordered a new charger. Then I went down and tried one more time and it worked... go figure..

Thanks
Old 02-23-2017, 11:09 PM
electrev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4*60
You need to go to user settings program area/item and choose the lithium voltage which will switch the charger between lion, lipo, life. Basically a submenu. The charger is set up for nicd, pb, nimh, and lithium(but then 3 lithium chemistries within that).
If you only use LIPO then go to user settings and change the lithium to 3.7 volt (nominal). It will then display LIPO.
If you will use LIPO and LIFE or LION then choose the LIPO and then save some battery settings in the memory slots. You can then load the ones saved no matter what the current lithium voltages is active.
There should be a flow chart with the charger which will show you the additional lithium choice in user settings.
Hope this helps. It is confusing, I know.

If you don't have a manual. Look at page 10 and 11 etc. here.

https://astecmodels.co.uk/pdfs/Imax-B6%20manual.pdf

Thank you so much !