Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

ORIGINAL: wahoo

Hog ...I'll sum this up the easiest way I can.

I install floor coverings for a living, not only does my customer service need to be triple A but also know that I work IN the CUSTOMERS home.
The reason I tell you this info is because rc planes as well as flooring wear out and need occasional maintenance.
In my chosen occupation reputation and word of mouth holds quite a bit of weight when it comes to future work.

Now lets just say for the sake of arguement that someone calls me up because some of their carpet is loose and needs re-stretched.
They tell me the dimensions of the room and I quote them a price, THEN I ask them who installed it initially and it wasn't me.
Now do I tell them ''SORRY get the original store/installer to correct the issue'', OR do I go ahead and do the job to the best of my ability ??

I shun them and I can GUARENTEE YOU when the time comes for them to replace or add any future flooring I will be last on the list they call.
On the other hand if I agree to do the work I may be the one they call for future flooring needs.

Can't explain my point of view any clearer than that.

[8D] This right here is the defining theme of this thread , and is the way every business minded person has seen it . For the others to "simply not get it" beggars the imagination , and leads me to believe it's nothing more than a fan boy type situation as discussed in previous posts . You can rest assured that some keyboard warrior is gonna post some "rebuttal" to your well worded post , but both your's and RC Ken's post a few pages ago have said it best , customer service is best handled with someone with enough business savvy to realize that happy customers return . Again and again. AND UNHAPPY ONES DON"T !!!

PS , I also gave Wahoo's post 5 stars like I did RC Ken's , since both deserved it ......
Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Performance Aircraft Unlimited - Are you kidding me...you can't be seriuos

No, you're just throwing anything out there in an attempt to damage PAU's reputation. Reading between the lines to make up your own facts, I think people can see right through that.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:13 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was hoping for a little more open interaction, like maybe some direct answers to the questions I posed, or at least an apples-to-apples comparison, but if that's the best you can do, it's the best you can do...

Here's one last question: Do you think DA should sell a customer a piston for the customer's DLE engine?

Astro
Old 04-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Flyfalcons

ORIGINAL: JohnVH

at what point though, is it a disservice to the existing customers?
If PAU parts are that rare/scarce then there's a supply problem within that company that needs addressed !!

Okay it's really clear to see that you have no idea what it's like for a company to work in a niche market using globally sourced manufacturing on limited runs.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:14 AM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Flyfalcons

No, you're just throwing anything out there in an attempt to damage PAU's reputation. Reading between the lines to make up your own facts, I think people can see right through that.

That's BS and you know it...what business would turn down business to accomodate it's business ? serioulsy?

Do PAU customers crash a lot or change engines like I change underwear ?

Old 04-29-2013, 11:15 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

That's BS and you know it...what business would turn down business to accomodate it's business ? serioulsy?

Go to a local fly in, it doesnt matter what they fly, hahaha
Old 04-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Flyfalcons

Sorry it's not BS. You have demonstrated a lack of knowledge of business operations in a niche market using globally sourced manufacturing of limited runs. That isn't my problem to worry about.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:19 AM
wahoo

Sorry it's not BS. You have demonstrated a lack of knowledge of business operations in a niche market using globally sourced manufacturing of limited runs. That isn't my problem to worry about.
Limited runs = Scarce/rare...... THERE IT IS !!!!

Old 04-29-2013, 11:20 AM
JohnVH

You can only shove so many boxes in a container... Do you know what a container is?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Flyfalcons

That's correct. PAU isn't in the parts business so they don't keep an unlimited supply of spare parts. Making it even more important to save those parts for their customers. They could order tons of spare parts, which may end up sitting forever and causing the company to lose money. Stocking spare parts is a delicate balance when only a couple shipments come from the factory per year. I'm glad you're finally understanding.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:22 AM
wahoo

You can only shove so many boxes in a container... Do you know what a container is?
Sorry John nothing personal ...but now all I hear is that sound from the charlie brown cartoon...ya know it....waa waa wooo wooo blah blah blah

Old 04-29-2013, 11:23 AM
JohnVH

Sorry John nothing personal ...but now all I hear is that sound from the charlie brown cartoon...ya know it....waa waa wooo wooo blah blah blah

Ahh, ok, I gotcha. Thanks for making it clear the problem is you, not them. Are you married?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 AM
wahoo

That's correct. PAU isn't in the parts business so they don't keep an unlimited supply of spare parts. Making it even more important to save those parts for their customers. They could order tons of spare parts, which may end up sitting forever and causing the company to lose money. I'm glad you're finally understanding.
So why didn't herve offer to order one for the guy ?

Listen guys I don't care who the customer is/was nor do I care who the company was...what struck me like an arrow was the lack of help if you will, Again I'm assuming butonce herve learned of the manufacturer of the plane he put up a wall and was unwilling to help the guy..any guy. That's not how I want to think we as modelers (niche) would treat each other.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:27 AM
wahoo

And for who ever asked ..yes I have ordered from overseas
Old 04-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Flyfalcons

That's correct. PAU isn't in the parts business so they don't keep an unlimited supply of spare parts. Making it even more important to save those parts for their customers. They could order tons of spare parts, which may end up sitting forever and causing the company to lose money. I'm glad you're finally understanding.

Listen guys I don't care who the customer is/was nor do I care who the company was...what struck me like an arrow was the lack of help if you will, Again I'm assuming but once herve learned of the manufacturer of the plane he put up a wall and was unwilling to help the guy..any guy. That's not how I want to think we as modelers (niche) would treat each other.

LOL, guess what it would take to get the factory to make one cowl and ship it to the warehouse. I'm sure you've heard of such things as minimum production runs, being the expert on globally sourced manufacturing and all.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:39 AM
astrohog

ORIGINAL: astrohog

I was hoping for a little more open interaction, like maybe some direct answers to the questions I posed, or at least an apples-to-apples comparison, but if that's the best you can do, it's the best you can do...

Here's one last question: Do you think DA should sell a customer a piston for the customer's DLE engine?

Astro
Wahoo,

Seems like you would rather argue than debate. Care to get down to some facts and answer the hard questions, or do you just want to keep talking about cartoons?

Astro
Old 04-29-2013, 11:51 AM
wahoo

Listen guys I don't care who the customer is/was nor do I care who the company was...what struck me like an arrow was the lack of help if you will, Again I'm assuming butonce herve learned of the manufacturer of the plane he put up a wall and was unwilling to help the guy..any guy. That's not how I want to think we as modelers (niche) would treat each other.

LOL, guess what it would take to get the factory to make one cowl and ship it to the warehouse. I'm sure you've heard of such things as minimum production runs, being the expert on globally sourced manufacturing and all.
So now you're telling me there is only a few cowls on the planet for the planes PAU sells ?

Keep posting guys.....yer diggin it deeper and deeper.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:53 AM
wahoo

Astro
Why ask...you obviously don't think so.

Pretty soon it will come to this...
Old 04-29-2013, 11:54 AM
wahoo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNJl9EEcsoE&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Old 04-29-2013, 12:07 PM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

Listen guys I don't care who the customer is/was nor do I care who the company was...what struck me like an arrow was the lack of help if you will, Again I'm assuming but once herve learned of the manufacturer of the plane he put up a wall and was unwilling to help the guy..any guy. That's not how I want to think we as modelers (niche) would treat each other.

So now you're telling me there is only a few cowls on the planet for the planes PAU sells ?

Yes, that's what they're telling you. PAU is one manufacturer with multiple models for sale. Do you suppose they should carry hundreds of spare cowls for planes they may only have sold a few hundred of to begin with? Of every plane they currently or have in the past sold? Preposterous. Just try to find parts for discontinued planes from H9, Great Planes, Lanier, Dave Brown et al...

What it comes down to is a bad phone call. We'll never know exactly what was said: perhaps Herve was curt or short, perhaps the OP had a bad tone. Either guy could have been having a bad day. However, to come on a public forum and trash a manufacturer is really not necessary. The sale of a cowl and a couple props isn't the issue; both sides standing up for their right to do and see things their way seems to be it. As I mentioned much earlier in the thread, I'm not currently a PAU customer, but I'm still glad they are standing up for their right to conduct their business in the manner which has worked for them as they see fit
Old 04-29-2013, 12:21 PM
astrohog

Astro
Why ask...you obviously don't think so.

Pretty soon it will come to this...
UMMM. I KNOW what MY answer is......I asked you for YOUR opinion.

Astro
Old 04-29-2013, 12:24 PM
ozzie454

Make more parts
Old 04-29-2013, 12:28 PM
wahoo

ORIGINAL: wyo69cowboy

Yes, that's what they're telling you. PAU is one manufacturer with multiple models for sale. Do you suppose they should carry hundreds of spare cowls for planes they may only have sold a few hundred of to begin with? Of every plane they currently or have in the past sold? Preposterous. Just try to find parts for discontinued planes from H9, Great Planes, Lanier, Dave Brown et al...

What it comes down to is a bad phone call. We'll never know exactly what was said: perhaps Herve was curt or short, perhaps the OP had a bad tone. Either guy could have been having a bad day. However, to come on a public forum and trash a manufacturer is really not necessary. The sale of a cowl and a couple props isn't the issue; both sides standing up for their right to do and see things their way seems to be it. As I mentioned much earlier in the thread, I'm not currently a PAU customer, but I'm still glad they are standing up for their right to conduct their business in the manner which has worked for them as they see fit
Well this has me second guessing the OP unless of course he has the red oracle scheme and doesn't want to have to paint this one to match...WAIT A SEC !!..he does have the Pitts in the Oracle scheme...hmmm

Bipe cowl
$31 for a bare cowl or $19 more for one all painted up and ready to install...hmm.. tuff choice huh ?

I own two H9 330L's good news for me huh ?...wonder if they'll ask me when and where I bought them If I tried ordering one these ?
http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HAN1211

Old 04-29-2013, 12:37 PM
Cobra_03

Wahoo,

So you don't change your underwear? Haha, you left that one wide open buddy!

As for the parts issue...
What do you do you when you can't find a OEM car part for your vehicle them come to find out the "OEM" manufacture quit making that said part? Happens all the time in vehicle parts industry. This is where "Aftermarket" parts come into play.
Yeah, it sucks but it's your only option if you want to drive your car again. If this is a common issue for you, buy a newer car! Same goes for RC airplanes!

I own a BME 50cc Yak that I purchase off some asshat circle flyer from RCU 5 years ago! I have over 300+ flights on it.
I purchased this kit knowing that if I EVER dorked my plane getting parts would be virtually impossible. I then did some research and found "Aftermarket" part suppliers that could assist in the event of a crash because getting parts from PAU wasn't a option.

I would never expect a company to supply parts for a older aircraft over 3-4 years, especially if the company was bought out by a new company. Good Luck there!

-T-Bag

Old 04-29-2013, 12:45 PM
wahoo

ORIGINAL: Cobra_03

Wahoo,

So you don't change your underwear? Haha, you left that one wide open buddy!

As for the parts issue...
What do you do you when you can't find a OEM car part for your vehicle them come to find out the "OEM" manufacture quit making that said part? Happens all the time in vehicle parts industry. This is where "Aftermarket" parts come into play.
Yeah, it sucks but it's your only option if you want to drive your car again. If this is a common issue for you, buy a newer car! Same goes for RC airplanes!

I own a BME 50cc Yak that I purchase off some asshat circle flyer from RCU 5 years ago! I have over 300+ flights on it.
I purchased this kit knowing that if I EVER dorked my plane getting parts would be virtually impossible. I then did some research and found "Aftermarket" part suppliers that could assist in the event of a crash because getting parts from PAU wasn't a option.

I would never expect a company to supply parts for a older aircraft over 3-4 years, especially if the company was bought out by a new company. Good Luck there!

-T-Bag

Are you assuming my drawers are a little crusty ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.