Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Clark electronics TK20

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Code501

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clark electronics TK20

Looks nice! What speaker are you using?

Thing I noticed is that the flash LED lights up when you use the MG.
Is it because you turned on the MG IR code?
Maybe Clark can explain this.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:32 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: Code501

Yes, that is why you see IR activity when the machine gun is firing.

~ Craig ~

Old 04-16-2013, 03:14 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep, MG IR code is turned on, I like that feature actually. You don't see that light in person coming from the barrel.

The track recoil is on but turned down pretty low... the tank hardly moves at all when I fire but it does a teeny tiny bit... looks cool to me, and yea, it's in NO way the massive jerking motion of a HL tank.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:01 PM
clarkmodel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice! I will get this tank soon.

Actually, tank does shake slightly when firing main gun.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Strato50

ORIGINAL: clarkmodel

Looks nice! I will get this tank soon.

Actually, tank does shake slightly when firing main gun.
You can't have mine, haha, it's my deadliest battler
Old 04-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Strato50

ORIGINAL: Code501

Looks nice! What speaker are you using?

The speaker is this one
http://www.shop.immortalhobbies.com/...2101212258.htm
Fits nicely in the back of a Sherman. Probably really good for other smaller / low profile tank like panzer 3/4s
Old 04-30-2013, 12:46 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm looking at getting a Clark board to replace my broken RX-18 and step into the 2.4 GHz world.  But, looking at the various posts, threads and apparent options, I have a few questions.  First, here's what I'm trying to do.

1)  upgrade a PzIII Ausf M...so, looking at the Clark website, I need the TK22-Pz version...I think.  Is there a TK20E-Pz version with PzIII engine sounds rather than the Tiger sounds?

2)  Mirror as closely as possible the HL Tx stick setup.  I like having the turret controls on one stick and the driving controls on the other.  Immortal Hobbies seems to indicate that it can be done.  But, it looks like you can only do one turret control at a time.  For instance, it would be cool if I could rotate the turret, raise/lower the bbl and fire the machine gun at the same time while driving.  Can that be done?

3)  I'd like to be able to make the bbl go up or down.  That could be a servo (will the TK20E control servos?) or using Clark's modification of a "side port" on the 8-pin plug.  Do the boards come with the wires and plugs to do this, or is that a separate purchase?

4)  I'm interested in the "momentum" feature.  It looks pretty realistic.  But, it looks like the TK20E doesn't have that, correct?

5)  Finally, I'm an airsoft battler...so, I have to keep my airsoft gun.  TK20 or TK22, right?

Other questions, I see that some folks may have gotten 6-channel transmitters for their Clark setup.  Will the TK20E or TK22 work with six channels?  Would that allow me to use separate switch for something like starting the engine or firing the machine gun?  Or even the main gun?

Lot's of questions...so, thank you in advance for any help.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:32 PM
White Tiger88

Any chance you guys have the instructions for getting an Spektrum DX6i to work right? all the programing guides i can find are for tamiya but don't seem to work.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Darryl Usher

Well I need more info, like what are you trying to run. You only need 4 ch to run Clark.
He has all the instruction on his web site. Start by getting the tracks to move and call for more help.
Darryl
Old 04-30-2013, 05:49 PM
White Tiger88

ORIGINAL: Darryl Usher

Well I need more info, like what are you trying to run. You only need 4 ch to run Clark.
He has all the instruction on his web site. Start by getting the tracks to move and call for more help.
Darryl
Never mind......The engines both started smokeing on me and the turret has a bunch of cracks\ware damage in the recoil device covered in hot glue.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:57 PM
clarkmodel

Hi philipat,

1)
PzIII sound version is only availiabel on TK22 platform,
2) "rotate the turret, raise/lower the bbl and fire the machine gun at the same time while driving" this can not be done becasue TK22 is 4-CH operating board.
3) Only TK22 has gun barrel elevation servo port, you just need to plug a servo to it.
4) Only TK22 has "momentum" feature.
5) both TK20 & TK22 support airsoft with sound trigger.

TK22/20 are 4-CH operating board, no separate switch for something like starting the engine or firing the machine gun.

Regards,
Clark

Old 05-02-2013, 04:15 AM
philipat

Hi philipat,

1)
PzIII sound version is only availiabel on TK22 platform,
2) "rotate the turret, raise/lower the bbl and fire the machine gun at the same time while driving" this can not be done becasue TK22 is 4-CH operating board.
3) Only TK22 has gun barrel elevation servo port, you just need to plug a servo to it.
4) Only TK22 has "momentum" feature.
5) both TK20 & TK22 support airsoft with sound trigger.

TK22/20 are 4-CH operating board, no separate switch for something like starting the engine or firing the machine gun.

Regards,
Clark
Thanks for the response. The TK20E can control the HL elevation in both directions, correct? And, does the board come with the 4-pin plugs that you show on your webpage for making that work? Or, would Ineed to purchase those separately?

Also, any plans to add channels to the TK22? Maybe make it a six channel?

Thanks,
Philip

Old 05-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Strato50

The elevation goes both ways like a HL / SLU do, yes.

On my KV-2 the elevation & turret rotation are powered through the 8 pin cable bundle, at least normally that's a separate item.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:17 PM
clarkmodel

The TK20E can control the HL elevation in both directions, you can get 4P header and cable form local store or from us, or just wire it as Strato50 dese

TK22 is a matured product, we have no plan to add more channel.

Regards,
Clark
Old 05-02-2013, 05:47 PM
reyemmanuel

Hi Clark,

Just a point of clarification re: TK22.

Will you be able to move the tank (throttle: forward, back, right, left) whilst doing any of the following (a) traversing the tank turret (b) elevating the tank gun (c) firing main gun and (d) secondary fire/MG?

This is for gyro applications...

cheers,
Rey
Old 05-02-2013, 07:11 PM
clarkmodel

Hi,Ray,

Sure, you can do (a) or (b) or (c) or (d) while tank is moving( fire on the move). what TK22 can not do is to combine (a), (b),(c) or (b), for example, (a)+(b) or (c)+(d)

Regards,
Clark

Old 05-02-2013, 08:40 PM
reyemmanuel

Thanks Clærk, that's clear asCR-39®. =).../Rey

Hi,Ray,

Sure, you can do (a) or (b) or (c) or (d) while tank is moving( fire on the move). what TK22 can not do is to combine (a), (b),(c) or (b), for example, (a)+(b) or (c)+(d)

Regards,
Clark

Old 05-03-2013, 06:47 AM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Rey, do you need a blow in the bag?

It's simple, Clark was stating that the TK22 will allow you to do all four functions you listed as a,b,c, and d, while on the move and will allow you to combine, as an an example, a, traversing the turret + b, elevating the gun or c, firing the main gun + d, secondary fire/MG.

Of course I could be Galah !
Old 05-03-2013, 07:25 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

MAUS45, from what I read, & unless rey was being completely sarcastic with the "clear asCR-39" response to Clark, I believe he was basically saying Clark's example was clear as glass, implying he understood Clark's explanation given

~ Craig ~
Old 05-03-2013, 08:01 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Oh, & on a side note, I can drive my KV-1 around while doing both (a + b) as well , at the same time, with either a TK20 or TK22 board ... but most wouldn't want to bother setting their tanks up like I had done to be able to do it the way I have done it.

I was bypassing the Clark board altogether for gun elevation control when I first set up my KV-1 using the TK20E board I previously had in the tank. The reason I was doing this was because the TK20E boards didn't have built-in servo gun elevation control, & I wanted to use a servo to control the gun elevation. I simply installed the elevation servo, but then hooked it up directly to my receiver so that my radio (Flysky CT6B) can control elevation using one of its dial knobs, completely by-passing the Clark board control. So essentially, I can drive the tank around, while traversing the turret, & at the same time raise & lower my main gun barrel with no problems!

Of course, the obvious disadvantage to this setup, is that you lose the barrel elevation sound because you have by-passed the Clark board. I did however manage to program my radio though, so that I can flip a switch on it & make the Clark board create the barrel elevation sound whenever I want, so if I want to hear the sound as I raise or lower my barrel using it set up this way, it's still possible. But now that I have a TK22 board, which does have servo gun elevation as an option, I will probably do away with my current method of directly connecting the elevation servo to the receiver, & use the Clark board ... though I will lose my ability to traverse the turret while raising & lowering the gun barrel at the same time, oh noooo ... .... lol

~ Craig ~
Old 05-03-2013, 03:38 PM
philipat

Thanks for the explanations, everyone!

Craig, did you hook up your elevation servo to the airsoft gun or did you remove the airsoft?  If you hooked it up to the airsoft, do you have any pictures that show how you did it?

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:17 PM
reyemmanuel

ORIGINAL: MAUS45

Rey, do you need a blow in the bag?

It's simple, Clark was stating that the TK22 will allow you to do all four functions you listed as a,b,c, and d, while on the move and will allow you to combine, as an an example, a, traversing the turret + b, elevating the gun or c, firing the main gun + d, secondary fire/MG.

Of course I could be Galah !
Maus45,

Clear as CR-39 means the answer was very clear and such was full understood. I like the way Clark handles questions, much like our fallen common comrade, who very well explains tanking stuff to us. You must know that CR-39 /ADC is a polymer which has very good optical clarity similar to well made glass, but is roughly half the weight of the latter. Do kindly read up and educate urself before you bash.

You must know that we are trying to progress this board and interface this with a 3-axis Orange RX gyro, and such, developers answers to this query in the open forum benefit all who are embarking on this route. I hope you have now CR-39 understood this.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:29 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Rey, I am sorry. I wasn't trying to bash you. I guess my stab at Aussie Lingo failed. I was actually trying to be humorous. So please accept my apology.[8D] It is CR-39 to me now!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:36 PM
reyemmanuel

ORIGINAL: MAUS45

Rey, I am sorry. I wasn't trying to bash you. I guess my stab at Aussie Lingo failed. I was actually trying to be humorous. So pleas accept my apology.[8D] It is CR-39 to me now!!!
That's alright Maus, thanks for the apology. Accepted mate. All goodnow.

ORIGINAL: B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Oh, & on a side note, I can drive my KV-1 around while doing both (a + b) as well, at the same time, with either a TK20 or TK22 board ... but most wouldn't want to bother setting their tanks up like I had done to be able to do it the way I have done it.

I was bypassing the Clark board altogether for gun elevation control when I first set up my KV-1 using the TK20E board I previously had in the tank. The reason I was doing this was because the TK20E boards didn't have built-in servo gun elevation control, & I wanted to use a servo to control the gun elevation. I simply installed the elevation servo, but then hooked it up directly to my receiver so that my radio (Flysky CT6B) can control elevation using one of its dial knobs, completely by-passing the Clark board control. So essentially, I can drive the tank around, while traversing the turret, & at the same time raise & lower my main gun barrel with no problems!

~ Craig ~
Thanks for that info Craig-I can then do a similar set-up to a TK22 much alike your (and my) TK20E (i have bypassed the Clark board and hooked in a servo for gun elevation). It then can be done with gyro stabilisation with this mod i think, with the gyro sitting atop the gun "breach" and interfaced/hooked to Clark's channel (CH4) for turret traverse and to gun elevation servo...cheers/Rey

Old 05-03-2013, 05:14 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

ORIGINAL: philipat

Thanks for the explanations, everyone!

Craig, did you hook up your elevation servo to the airsoft gun or did you remove the airsoft? If you hooked it up to the airsoft, do you have any pictures that show how you did it?

Thanks.
philipat, both HL tanks I have hooked up to Clark boards so far have been IR versions, where on my KV-1 I did modify the original HL recoil/elevation unit to use servos (shown in my KV-1 thread, here, it works but looks awful! ), & in my Panther G I ended up replacing the entire recoil/elevation units with scratched styrene units using servos (shown in my Panther G thread, here.)

~ Craig ~

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.