Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Prattvilles AMA contest postponement ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Prattvilles AMA contest postponement ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 06:05 AM
J Strong
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prattvilles AMA contest postponement ?

Prattvilles weather forecast for Friday is 15-20 mph winds and 70% chance of rain, with Saturdays winds looking similar, high temps of 68 degrees and 50 % chance of rain, and Sundays weather at 30% chance of rain.
I just sent a mass e mail out to our regulars contestants that I had E mails on, and thought I post here as well to get pilots thoughts of postponing our contest one week, hoping for better weather.
Thoughts anyone ?
Thanks,
Jamie
Old 04-30-2013, 08:21 AM
J Strong

Default RE: Prattvilles AMA contest postponement ?

Bad idea, Mothers Day is the next weekend . I'll make the call on a go or a cancel Thursday noon time.
. I'm contesting in Ark. The following weekend after Mothers Day, so postponing it longer won't work for my schedule.
Jamie
Old 05-02-2013, 06:02 AM
J Strong

Due to our extended Prattville forecast for Friday and Saturday,, it leaves me no choice but to cancel our AMA contest for the weekend. We would reschedule for the next weekend, but its Mother's Day weekend.
Weather forecast here is for 60% rain and 10-20 mph East winds Friday, and Saturdays forecast is 50% rain 10-15 mph winds, and a high of 64 degrees.
Been a Strange Spring .

Sorry for any inconveniences,

Jamie
Old 05-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Hokie Flyer

Jamie,

Here's a couple of possibilities for reschedule:

June/Early July is open.  You might find a weekend in between Andersonville and the NATS, depending on CPA/SPA events.

The Eglin contest is Sep 28/29 (D3 website hasn't been updated), so you could go for Oct 12-13.  The Eglin gang is planning on travelling to the Crowley, LA contest on Oct 19-20.

Just a couple of random thoughts.

Rob

Old 05-02-2013, 09:30 AM
J Strong

Have 3 events in June already, and only one in July, so 95 degree heat is a option