Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Power up

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:38 AM
wolfman01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power up

I have a Trex 700 E. It has the HC3SX system in it. I have had no problems with this heli for over a year. When I fly it, the swash gets slightly tilted to the left, so when I land, I have to put in some right stick to hold it level. This has been like this all along.Two time in the last few months this took place.I land, then I see the tilt in the swash, I leavethe Tx on and turn off the Rx for a few seconds. When I turnthe Rx back on itresets, the swash levels. But twice, after a few seconds of turning the Rx back on, the motor starts and I get wacked by the rotor blade and I have to unplug the batteries to stop it. The throttle is off! Stick down. But the motor starts when the Rx resets! I have always done this EVERY TIME I fly it, and this has never happened before. When I turn the Rx off to reset the HC3SX and level the swash, I have never had to unplug the batterys. Whats up?? Thanks.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Power up

Does the Helicommand has the satellites plugged directly to it, or do you have a proper receiver controlling the Helicommand?

I assume that the helicomand does not have a governor feature, right?

There is very little information about the Helicommand online. I do not own one, so I tried to look up information online. There is information in other forums but not really useable for what you are asking. The fact that the swashplate is leaning after a flight, is as disconcerting as the blades starting up with the stick down. Are you sure you have the stick AND trim down all the way?

Rafael
Old 05-02-2013, 02:16 PM
ATVAlliance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power up

You need to rebind your RX.

I will assume that when you first setup the heli and bound your RX and TX...your throttle was reversed.  During the binding process, is when the RX failsafe is set.  This way if you lose signal...the throttle position goes to low, or what it thought was to be low when being bound.

IF you have to reverse the throttle...and you DONT rebind...then the failsafe is in reverse, thus giving you 100% full stick position.

This is how it works on Spektrum units...I cant speak for other brands.  But I would think its a safe bet that is at least your throttle problem.  Cant help you with the tilting swash issue.