Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

new to boats need some help

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

new to boats need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 07:03 PM
svtcobra718

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to boats need some help

hello,

im new to this hobby(electric/gas) i have a sailboat and love it but im looking for something new.
i was thinking a brushless boat i have watched many videos and read many reviews on these boats
my question is whats a good boat for a new guy tho this hobby?

i have planes and helis and a 1m sailboat but when it comes to powered boats im at a total loss.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Joshsubmec
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: new to boats need some help

What's ur budget because fe will add up quickly. 
Just by other people's comments, the aquacraft revolt seems to be a good boat or the aquacraft motley crew. The traxxas spartan is a good boat, not sure how good it is for a beginner in fe but it's clean and its "setup" so your not going to be itching for more speed like most other brushless boats will give. I have never had either of these boats, just observations that's all.
Regards Josh
Old 05-03-2013, 11:25 AM
SpeedRCclub

I don't think you are a loss at all. I started in this without any RC experience and now I continue learning so, I would recomend the new Supervee27 R is a very good boat, fast and with an easily modifying hardware unexpensive and at least you are plannin to enter in a contest you will need no extra stuff to enjoy your boat for a long time... is a very easy tu drive boat ideal for beginners and experts will have a lot fun with it. It's a very good intermediate boat. Now if you are lookin for brutal power, the traxxas spartan is considered the fastest RTR boat, and another very good option is the Kyosho Jet Stream 888 with an unsinkable self righting structure that I'm sure all boaters will love. (Now you start in the business will know what I mean)... Those optios are the best for me... so when yo decide... let me know...
Old 05-03-2013, 04:44 PM
NobodyFamous

to add my 2 cents - the hull type is a big deal for beginners.  I recommend a V-hull (off shore deep vee style) and second to that would be a catamaran.

Stay away from riggers and hydro planes, and tunnel hulls.  while they are really fast setup is more difficult.

My first boat was a traxxas villain IV, it was not fast but 100% dependable.  The only time I had to go get it was because I ran over a plastic bag.  That's a lot more then I can say for anything else I have bought.  Newer boats are faster, but I find they break much more easily, or have setup problems out of the box.

To start, simple is better.  It's better to have fun driving then chasing problems.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:44 PM
rogley
My Feedback: (3)

I own two revolts one is stock one is a little warmed up. For the money you cant bet the price. Check tower hobbys 249.99 rtr
These boats handle great and are fast out of the box.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:08 PM
NobodyFamous

I was doing some reading and comparing on hulls today - The Proboat Impulse is what my next buy is going to be.  They just came out with a V2 (upgraded electronics only) so you can pick up the original one (still great) at clearance pricing.

The runner up was the Revolt.

I like the look of the Impulse better (hull and hardware)