Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hi Guys

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Falcon32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Guys

Hi Guys
I am trying to upgrade my Aurora 9 with the latest Firmware/Software and I've hit a problem.
I've done the Tx and Module OK no problem but the Optima 9 Rx isn't having it! I keep getting " check connection"
I have the cable connected from P1 on the HPP-22 going to the Data port on the receiver and a good battery to the Bat connection on the receiver, the blue LED is flashing on the HPP-22.
If I just connect the battery to the Rx the red LED comes on so I know that connection is OK but if I then connect the cable from the HPP-22 to the data port the red LED goes out and I get the "check connection" fault again.

Thanks in advance.

Falcon
Old 05-01-2013, 08:28 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hi Guys

ORIGINAL: Falcon32 Hi Guys I am trying to upgrade my Aurora 9 with the latest Firmware/Software and I've hit a problem.
I've done the Tx and Module OK no problem but the Optima 9 Rx isn't having it! I keep getting " check connection"
I have the cable connected from P1 on the HPP-22 going to the Data port on the receiver and a good battery to the Bat connection on the receiver, the blue LED is flashing on the HPP-22.
If I just connect the battery to the Rx the red LED comes on so I know that connection is OK but if I then connect the cable from the HPP-22 to the data port the red LED goes out and I get the "check connection" fault again. Thanks in advance. Falcon
A fully charged 4.8v NiCd, preferably a 6.0v pack (This as an old 4 cell pack is rarely good enough as even at peak with load
applied it might only just be above the minimum ) or use the supplied 4 cell battery holder with new AA alkaline cells (6.0v).
If 6.0v fails, using the SPC port uaually succeeeds.

. Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to Install & Use
..(includes Screenshots & Current Firmware Versions for all related Units).

. Hitec AFHSS ID-Setup (Bind) Spectra Module V3.01(0), Optima Transceiver 6, 7 & 9ch V2.02(0)
& Minima Receivers
- quick reference.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers_Receivers & Telemetry
- FAQ, Setups & Tips {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 05-03-2013, 03:10 AM
Falcon32

Hi A.T.

Thanks for your reply, I'll have another go tonight with a fully charged 6v pack.

Falcon
Old 05-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Falcon32

Hi A.T.
I have tried the upgrade again with no luck!
I am using a brand new fully charged 6v battery, I have tried the SPC port, same result.
By very slowly inserting the connector the blue LED on the Rx blinks for a split second and goes off and I still get the same connection error.
I have two optima 9 Rx's and get the same results.
Can you offer any other suggestions.
Thanks

Falcon
Old 05-03-2013, 12:26 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Falcon32 Hi A.T. I have tried the upgrade again with no luck!
I am using a brand new fully charged 6v battery, I have tried the SPC port, same result.
By very slowly inserting the connector the blue LED on the Rx blinks for a split second
and goes off and I still get the same connection error.
I have two optima 9 Rx's and get the same results.
Can you offer any other suggestions. Thanks Falcon
"By very slowly inserting the connector the blue LED on the Rx blinks for a split second

No light should not appear on 09 until after the power source is switched on, this should not be done
until after the HPP-22 is connected to command center and all connections are secure.
Extract from link provided post #2 above:

"Optima 7ch & 9ch Transceiver Firmware Update
1. Open HPP-22 Program
2. Connect HPP-22 - wait
3. Select Receiver > Optima 7/9
(Screen will display sequential pictures of Optima 7 & 9 showing connections)
4. Connect Optima "Data" port to "P1" of HPP-22.
5. Connect a fully charged battery pack to battery port of Optima RX and turn on.
. SPC blanking plug must be inserted unless a second power source is connected to SPC port.
6. Screen will display/describe activity. (if no link with 9ch, retry connecting battery to ch6)
7. Do Not turn off / disconnect Optima RX`until transfer bar is complete and instruction received to confirm upgrade is to be finalised.
8. After confirming upgrade is to be finalised, and confirmation is received, turn off battery.
Disconnect lead from Optima and only then either close program or select new process:
Upgrade another Optima from step 3, a Spectra Pro Module or Aurora or Transfer files from an Aurora
NB: Connection must be performed in above order,
(If Optima turned on to soon. it may not be recognised.)

NB: If the data port can be accessed, built in transceivers do not need to be removed from a model,
see information regarding use of extensions:
Optima Transceiver - Update Firmware in situ "

If still nocompletion when using the SPCport, then please refer to your service center:
Hitec Warranty & Service - homepage.
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
"Hitec USA customer service department is available Monday through Friday*
from 7am- 4:30 pm Pacific time. Reach us at 858.748.8440 or
[email protected] any time you have a question"
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 05-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Falcon32

I have followed your instructions but still no luck, but what do you mean by "the command center" ?
Does the Tx need to be on?

Thanks

Falcon
Old 05-03-2013, 01:50 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Falcon32 I have followed your instructions but still no luck, but what do you mean by "the command center" ?
Does the Tx need to be on? Thanks Falcon
Please refer attached picture.
"Command center" referred to the HPP-22 window, select the 09 then follow the on screen instructions,
switching the power into the 09, usng SPCport in this instance, by following items 1,2,3 in order as shown
each pop up window, when told.
Tx is not turned on.

Alan T..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44999.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1878814  
Old 05-04-2013, 02:55 AM
Falcon32

OK have followed all instructions to the letter and still not working.
Looks like I will have to send them in to the UK service agent which is annoying as one of the reasons I choose Hitech was because of the ability to upgrade!

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.

Falcon