Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Two air hostesses fly the plane

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Two air hostesses fly the plane

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 06:07 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Two air hostesses fly the plane

Two Air India pilots put the lives of 166 passengers on a Bangkok-Delhi flight in danger by taking a 40-minute break from the cockpit and getting two stewardesses to operate the plane in their absence. Their stunt almost ended in disaster after one of the stewardesses accidentally turned off the auto-pilot, forcing the pilots to rush back to their seats.

" Oooh wonder what happens if I press this ? OOPS ! " You could not make this up.

Full story here [link=http://mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/cover-story/Pilots-suspended-for-handing-over-control-to-air-hostesses-for-a-40-minute-loo-break/articleshow/19847210.cms]clicky[/link]
Old 05-04-2013, 06:16 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Two air hostesses fly the plane

ORIGINAL: j.duncker

Two Air India pilots put the lives of 166 passengers on a Bangkok-Delhi flight in danger by taking a 40-minute break from the cockpit and getting two stewardesses to operate the plane in their absence. Their stunt almost ended in disaster after one of the stewardesses accidentally turned off the auto-pilot, forcing the pilots to rush back to their seats.

'' Oooh wonder what happens if I press this ? OOPS ! '' You could not make this up.

Full story here [link=http://mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/cover-story/Pilots-suspended-for-handing-over-control-to-air-hostesses-for-a-40-minute-loo-break/articleshow/19847210.cms]clicky[/link]
I wonder what this botton do
Old 05-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh yeah! Just like 1970's disaster flicks. Of course, Bollywood makes movies and I think their versions of the 1970 disaster flicks that would air summer 2014 would include line dancing and the guy getting the girl to a musical sequence just like Airport 1975 but with lots of pretty bright colors, snappy choreography and a funky beat.

Having said all this I do know a fair number of great pilots who happen to be gals, many quite natural pilots (no dyed certificates... rugs match the curtains on ability and rank as such). They might have made good stews but they are better as pilots.

Oh the drama! Mix Airport 1975 with Bollywood and we have perfection!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ThkpTEjlzM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLLadlYNmFg
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84229.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1879026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87376.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1879027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75876.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1879028  
Old 05-04-2013, 08:04 AM
warbirdfanatic
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This can't be real?? Both Capt and asst pilot left the pit to have a break? I just don't believe it for some reason, can't remember where the AP button is in a 321, isn't there a secondary on the yoke at all? She must have tapped it while applying make up at the yoke
Old 05-04-2013, 08:20 AM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh my goodness!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:30 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Things at Air India are pretty bad. It's almost as if their pilots were on strike while in the air. I believe they were suspended from flying to US not so long ago.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:30 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just can't understand how a capt for any airlinecould be so irresponsible.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:32 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: warbirdfanatic

This can't be real?? Both Capt and asst pilot left the pit to have a break? I just don't believe it for some reason, can't remember where the AP button is in a 321, isn't there a secondary on the yoke at all? She must have tapped it while applying make up at the yoke

Bumping the side stick dissengages the AP, but not the Auto Trottle.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:48 AM
johnls

I believe it. I was on Garuda flight many years ago. I asked to see the cockpit of the then new A330. I was all alone, the Captain was outside while the F/O was down the back chatting up a hostie. Didn't they find recently that a whole bunch of Indian pilots had forged licenses?

John
Old 05-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Jeffpro
My Feedback: (1)

I travel a fair amount overseas and there are two airlines I try to avoid: Aeroflot and Air India. My brother-in-law boarded an Air India flight once and was startled to see people boarding with live chickens. It wasn't the chickens that bothered him...it was the thought of passengers starting a fire in the back of the plane to cook them.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:16 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

I also found this story on my local newspaper, it is from AP. unnnnnnnnbeliavable
Old 05-04-2013, 04:47 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

ORIGINAL: Jeffpro

I travel a fair amount overseas and there are two airlines I try to avoid: Aeroflot and Air India. My brother-in-law boarded an Air India flight once and was startled to see people boarding with live chickens. It wasn't the chickens that bothered him...it was the thought of passengers starting a fire in the back of the plane to cook them.
Bwaahahaha. That's just plain funny right there. Pass me the BBQ sauce. Lmbo.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:07 PM
RonTins

ORIGINAL: Jeffpro

Too funny!
Old 05-05-2013, 05:04 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Several years ago at an unnamed airport. I saw an Air India 474-400 take of in to the biggest honkin' thunderstorm...roll cloud and all... you have ever seen. Tower would not issue takeoff clearance but instead issued "takeoff is at your own risk" clearance. The thing flew into the black cloud and disappeared. A few minutes later we saw it exit the storm a few miles from the airport after making a 180 turn. I really expected to see the aluminum confetti to rain down after these guys took off. Put AI on my list of "no way in hell" airlines.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:34 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I bet the pilot didn´t knew about this crash in 1994. Fortunately the outcome wasn´t the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroflot_Flight_593
Old 05-05-2013, 05:42 AM
turnnburn
My Feedback: (49)

Trottle ??? What's that ?
Old 05-05-2013, 07:12 AM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

Capt reportedly gave the stewardess a "crash course" in flying the plane before he and his co-pilot took a nap in business class...okay.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

ORIGINAL: turnnburn

Trottle ??? What's that ?
Trottle is what you push forward, to create more Trust, silly!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:22 AM
c_makhija

WOW, its amazing just how must information there is on RCU everyday.

This has become BIG news all over the country, all 4 of them suspended for now. I just cannot imagine something like this can actually happen. I think its just not possible for untrained crew to handle the flight deck for 40 minutes. Yes the AP will do a great job flying and maintaining the airplane on course, but 40 min is a very long time. You need to talk to ATC, reset transponder codes if required by ATC, and at least maintain a Radio listening watch for your call sign. All of this is not possible with a few minutes of a crash course. As far as the A.P disconnect goes not necessarily will it be heard in the cabin through the solid flight deck metal door. I am sure like any other aviation news in India, this too must be blown out of proportion by the press. ( Not defending the pilots in any way, and they must be severely punished if the controls were not manned by at least one of them for even a second.)
The Media in India is extremely powerful and immature, and love news anything to do with aviation. Lets give it some time to find out the truth.

Regards
Chatty.