Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec TX charge port polarity

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 07:04 AM
bhady

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hitec TX charge port polarity

I recently purchased an older Hitec Laser 6 radio along with other RC gear from a guy getting out of the hobby. The wall wart charger for the Hitec radio is missing. Which wall wart chargers are compatible with Hitec transmitters? I currently have JR gear and am aware that JR Tx polarity is reversed from most other manufacturers. I don't want to fry any diodes or worse in the radio.

Thanks for your help.

B. Hady
Old 05-06-2013, 09:22 AM
AERORICH73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec TX charge port polarity

bhady: Believe you would be better served to just purchase a wall charger for this radio type since you will be using it for flying your planes until it wears out. In viewing the market, it might be a good idea to choose purchasing a field charging unit that can also be used at home. I have done this, and find it very useful in both cases without having two separate chargers. I am moving out of the NiCd use to the LiFe batteries which needs a different charging equipment. HobbyKing has some great buys in these charging devices, and can be used in both places. The LiFe batteries are smaller(two cell) types with more capacity. Using a UBEC, the higher voltages can be reduced to acceptable voltages so the RX does not get fried. I have two Laser 6's, and one Laser 4 along with Futuba stuff.

Cheers!!!

Rich
Old 05-06-2013, 12:09 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: bhady I recently purchased an older Hitec Laser 6 radio along with other RC gear from a guy getting out of the hobby.
The wall wart charger for the Hitec radio is missing. Which wall wart chargers are compatible with Hitec transmitters?
I currently have JR gear and am aware that JR Tx polarity is reversed from most other manufacturers. I
don't want to fry any diodes or worse in the radio. Thanks for your help. B. Hady
Yes the polarity is reversed to JR. Either cut the wire and inert a plug and socket so as to revesre polarity as shown
attached picture, or buy a separate mutlipurpose unit.

This will also assist:
. Hitec Aurora, Eclipse, Flash, Optic & Prism series, Laser, FocusTX - Lipo and Field / Fast Charging

Much more information available below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50066.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1879718  
Attached Images  
Old 05-06-2013, 02:02 PM
bhady

Thanks for your help, I was pretty sure that Hitec center polarity was positive (opposite of JR), but wanted to be sure before I charged up the TX pack.
Bhady