Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

axial exo leaking center diff

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 06:25 PM
discountrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default axial exo leaking center diff

Hey guyz , anyone out there having problems with there exo center diff leaking ?????
Old 05-02-2013, 07:07 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: axial exo leaking center diff

havent owned a exo, but does it have a paper washer?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:24 PM
futureboy1969

No problems with mine.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:39 PM
thehuntingterminator

Never had any problems with mine. Probably just assembled incorrectly. Just take it out and take it apart. Put it back together correctly and see what happens.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:25 PM
flutag
My Feedback: (1)

I too had a leaking center diff on my Exo. It was leaking when I bought it. I put Hot Racing aluminum diffs front rear and center on mine. Costly ,yes. I also have them in my Losi SCTE. They work great. Remember plastic is cast and my not have a perfectly smooth gasket area, while aluminum is machined smooth. Or try this. Disassemble the diff. Clean everything well.  Get a high quality silicone grease. Grease the outdrive shafts, and O-rings. Reassemble, fill with your favorite lube, and drive it like you stole it. If it still leaks, try the Hot Racing diffs. This is only my opinion. Hope this helps. By the way I don't work for Hot Racing. They just make great products.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Salinas Hawk

Are Hot Racing cvds the best. Hot Racing stuff is expensive in China. $30 a pair for cvds.

The fronts are 92mm and the rears are 90mm. I'm going to buy the longer fronts first and try installing them in the rear. I read about a guy who tried it, but I don't know if he used hot racing cvds, and I don't know how it turned out.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Those Hot Racing diff cases look cool too, but I'm trying to hold back and only hop up what breaks. But I already bought a new spoiler. Hahaha!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 AM
flutag
My Feedback: (1)

Well HR stuff is expensive everywhere but worth the money. I got cvds for my Exo off EBay from a company called Blitz. They work great and fit. As for putting front cvds in the rear, they might bind and bend. I've heard of the dog bones falling out, but not the CVDs.