Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Ripped Off By A Fellow Hobbyist.

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Ripped Off By A Fellow Hobbyist.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:00 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser
My Feedback: (84)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ripped Off By A Fellow Hobbyist.

ORIGINAL: OldRookie

ORIGINAL: Propworn

Have a nice day and please tell me the name of your business so I never make the mistake of ordering from ya!

Dennis
Propworn,

I asked the same question in Post#18, for the same reason, but he said "it really has no bearing on this issue, nor will I spam it here". To me this seems like an odd answer to a simple question, but it is his thread and he can do as he wants.

Do any of you Hernando Aero Modelers ( HAM RC) know who this is?

Something seems off with this person, and if he claims that "I am not even upset and have no need to simmer down. If I was wound up... you'd know it" is getting me concerned about his mental state at this time.

TROLL?

Greg
The only person who wants to avoid buying from me because I take getting ripped off personally... is the next guy who wants to rip me off, because he knows I won't give in easily to being stolen from.
Tell ya what Greg, if you want to get to know me, don't ask around if anyone knows me, ask me directly bud. Don't make silly accusations or try and Psychoanalyze me.

I am NOT hard to get ahold of. [email protected]

Old 05-06-2013, 04:14 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser

ORIGINAL: Giant_Scale_Gasser

Six figures a month on line? Are we talking 100,000 a month minimum and you’re spending all this time and effort complaining about a single charge back?
Ummmmm... yes. But this ''single'' chargeback is only 1 that I am taking personally. One that was intentionally performed. And by the way, I built this business from the ground up, starting with the last $500 I had on this planet and my money is my money, $350 or $50. Just because we do the volume we do, does NOT make it okay to steal from me.

How much are we talking here a couple hundred dollars? I don't disagree its wrong but man if you get this worked up over one small item best watch you don't give yourself a coronary. Man a friend of mine has a small retail business that doesn't do nearly that kind of turn over and he suffers greater losses a week than that due to petty theft and fraud. It’s something all businesses face on a daily basis.
With all due respect, I don't give a crap what anyone else does or what anyone else feels is ''something all businesses face on a daily basis''. Just because a man owns a business, does not make it okay for him to get screwed.

Like someone else has pointed out if you put as much effort into tracking down the package as you have put in here you might have it by now.
Are you kidding me with this weak sauce dude? Seriously, do you think I have not exhausted every avenue, contacted every department, filed every document and talked to every person with the possibility of finding this package before YOU or anyone casually suggested it? Think again, this is NOTabout USPS losing it, this is about a person who claimed to be a fellow flier, a fellow hobbyist intentionally ripping us off.

I hear you that you have lost some money and been inconvenienced but it’s no different than any other business goes through.

Dennis
Who friggin cares what anyone else goes thru? And because they are stupid enough to lay down and take it, how the hell does that translate to me being required to do it also? Screw that fella, you reach in my pocket and steal $350, prepare for the equal and opposite reaction to range from a simple dentist appointment to a full on pissing match where I'll spend 10 times the amount you stole from me, just to make your life a legal hell. My attorney loves, makes that LIVES to find unpaid parking tickets, unpaid child support, back taxes owed, deliqunet property taxes, past criminal background history that you may or may not have disclosed to your current employer, etc.

Your attitude is the problem with this country right now, NOBODY forces anyone to take responsibility! You are basically saying that it's perfectly okay for me to get robbed because my business earns $100K+ a month! That is just a horrible way of thinking. I spent 3 years, 18+ hours a day to get where I am and I'll be damned if I am just going to allow some dirtbag living on Fordham Road in Clifton New Jersey to just rip me off because my business is doing okay...

Do me a favor... don't reply anymore. Your logic causes me to want to vomit.
Wow man you go home and kick the dog or something? I'm not the one who pissed in your cornflakes bud. I did sympathize with your position I only made the comparison that you’re not the only one this happens to. That you don’t care what happens to other businesses is kind of selfish if you ask me. You should all be sticking together and fighting this sort of thing. If you’ve done everything you can to recover said items and got no joy thats too bad. Pissing on everyone around you in frustration is childish and immature we are not the ones that caused this. If you copped this attitude with others who were trying to help you I can understand why you got no where. Sometimes when you throw a temper tantrum you end up getting what you sow even though you might not deserve it. Tough break there fella hope ya don’t choke on the sour taste in your craw.

In my limited experience the ones that gnash their teeth, threaten and tell everyone how bad ass they are and how their going to go the whole nine yards to get even are all talk and no action. Men of real action go about it quietly and just get it done enjoying the look of surprise when the bricks finally land on the low life.

Anyone getting this bent out of shape in my opinion isn’t the most stable person I would chose to do business with.

No one said getting ripped off was ok. You do what you can to get satisfaction within the limits of the law. You want to do something outside the law you are no better than the guy who wronged you. Take maters into your own hands and you may end up working for him.

Have a nice day and please tell me the name of your business so I never make the mistake of ordering from ya!

Dennis
Is it possible for you to make any more assumptions in a single post?

Who is worked up? Bent out of shape? I responded to your comments, am I not allowed to respond to your input? And who are you to tell me I can't get bent out of shape if I so desire?
I haven't pissed on anyone guy. The comments I do not agree with I have responded to. This is a forum after all.

Like saying "if I spent as much time tracking down the package as I do on here...." What a wild, baseless assumption, just like pretty much everything else you had to offer. Because I post my experiences on here that means I have not followed all the procedures to try and secure that missing package? Where do you come up with this stuff?

You are talking all this nonsense man. First you insinuated it was kinda okay to get ripped off because everyone deals with it. Now you are are assuming I am " gnashing my teeth" and making threats (neither of which is even close to the truth) and saying I unstable because I want to make sure I get what's owed to me???

Wow.. that sounds unstable to me. So does you getting all worked up in this thread since you don't have a dog in this fight.

If you are okay with unsavory characters in our midst... that's great. I am not.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:53 AM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only person who wants to avoid buying from me because I take getting ripped off personally... is the next guy who wants to rip me off, because he knows I won't give in easily to being stolen from.

So now you are saying that I am out to rip you off because I want to know your business name? It is quite the opposite...I don't want to do ANY business with you.
What is your problem?
You apparently have some people feeling sorry for you, so why not just state the name of the company you own/work for (?), so they can give you all of their business, or maybe you are afraid they are out to rip you off also.
Thanks for the email address, but it is not necessary as I can push the email button in your post heading to contact you personally. I prefer to discuss this online, on this thread.

Have a nice day,
Greg
Old 05-06-2013, 05:11 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

The thing about forums they allow one person to post and claim some grievous wrong has been done to them without hearing from the other side. Some will use this advantage to whip those who are sympathetic to frenzy not unlike the villagers in Mel Brookes Young Frankenstein. For all we know the guy may have simply been trying to arrange some way to return the item to you and if you spoke to him in anything like your posts let me quote you here I can’t blame him for doing what he may have done “Screw that fella, you reach in my pocket and steal $350, prepare for the equal and opposite reaction to range from a simple dentist appointment to a full on pissing match where I'll spend 10 times the amount you stole from me, just to make your life a legal hell. My attorney loves, makes that LIVES to find unpaid parking tickets, unpaid child support, back taxes owed, deliqunet property taxes, past criminal background history that you may or may not have disclosed to your current employer, etc. .â€

I'd like to hear the other side the story!!! What really went on when the guy tried to return the item!!!!!!

Dennis
Old 05-06-2013, 05:44 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser

The thing about forums they allow one person to post and claim some grievous wrong has been done to them without hearing from the other side. Some will use this advantage to whip those who are sympathetic to frenzy not unlike the villagers in Mel Brookes Young Frankenstein. For all we know the guy may have simply been trying to arrange some way to return the item to you and if you spoke to him in anything like your posts let me quote you here I can’t blame him for doing what he may have done “Screw that fella, you reach in my pocket and steal $350, prepare for the equal and opposite reaction to range from a simple dentist appointment to a full on pissing match where I'll spend 10 times the amount you stole from me, just to make your life a legal hell. My attorney loves, makes that LIVES to find unpaid parking tickets, unpaid child support, back taxes owed, deliqunet property taxes, past criminal background history that you may or may not have disclosed to your current employer, etc. .”

I'd like to hear the other side the story!!! What really went on when the guy tried to return the item!!!!!!

Dennis
Dennis...

There is no other side bud. There is only the truth with facts & documents.

And by the way, your quote which is simply taken out of context for your entertainment, I didn't threaten the customer bud, I gave YOU that analogy since you are so happy with people who screwed others. Birds of a feather you know...
And I stand by it, you try reaching in my pocket and taking $350 from me while looking in my eyes. Not some internet scam, I mean in person. You may roll over and curl up in the fetal position and suck your thumb if someone takes form you, I on the other hand will absolutely do something about it. If it requires being physical to prevent it, lets roll. If I have to hire an attorney to make your life miserable, no sweat I'll put him on retainer today.

If standing up for what it right or blasting you in the chops if you try and reach in my pocket and steal from me is unstable... Then buddy... I am the poster child for unstable.
Nothing is worse that a low life thief... nothing.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:49 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser

So now you are saying that I am out to rip you off because I want to know your business name? It is quite the opposite...I don't want to do ANY business with you.
What is your problem?
You apparently have some people feeling sorry for you, so why not just state the name of the company you own/work for (?), so they can give you all of their business, or maybe you are afraid they are out to rip you off also.
Thanks for the email address, but it is not necessary as I can push the email button in your post heading to contact you personally. I prefer to discuss this online, on this thread.

Have a nice day,
Greg
And guess what... I don't want to do any business with you either bub.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:00 AM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

What is your problem?

Have a nice day,
Greg
And guess what... I don't want to do any business with you either bub.

WOW...No problem with that.

And still no business name. Ha
This whole thing is smelling of TROLL.

Have a nice day,
Greg
Old 05-06-2013, 06:04 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

ORIGINAL: Giant_Scale_Gasser........ this ''single'' chargeback is only 1 that I am taking personally. One that was intentionally performed. And by the way, I built this business from the ground up, starting with the last $500 I had on this planet and my money is my money, $350 or $50. Just because we do the volume we do, does NOT make it okay to steal from me.
I love your attitude GSGasser..!
You exemplify what it means to be a true citizen in the most classic [Roman] interpretation of that term. You are taking responsibilty [and a loss of time] to stand for what is right.
Even though this transaction might be "small potatoes" to you..you are taking the time to prosecute this matter and to also make it a topic of interesting discussion here.
I wish more people were like you.
Beer, lobster [and RC combat] if you ever come out this way..!
Well said. +1

The reason folks like this scammer are able to operate is the existence of so many weak-kneed, let-it-go, bend over and have your way, attitudes like some of the more recent posters.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:13 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Giant Scale Gasser, I am in your corner. Years ago when I was a new pilot for UAL, 1968, Looking at a furlough, I opened a Hobby Shop, NW Highway, Mt. Prospect, IL.
Well, Aero Sports became very successful. However one of my reasons to close it, 1978/9 was simply because I wanted the time to play, rather than work, and the future looked bright as I went up the PILOT seniority chain.

OTOH A very main reason was getting ripped off by those "modelers" that did not mind walking out the door with small items in their pockets or larger items under their coat, especially in the colder months. I gave good discounts and donated to clubs. I paid my part timers as well as I could and still keep the doors open with some growth.
I never took any salary or bonus out of the store's profits. HOWEVER EMPLOYEES AND FRIENDS CERTAINLY TOOK A MORE-THAN-A-FAIR SHARE. [:@]

As one who was a USAF Officer (pilot), then an airline pilot, I was totally oblivious to such theft. It was heart-breaking when a friend, employee or customer "friend" got caught stealing, both cash and/or merchandise, or failed to get to work on time when I was working my real job and they knew I was not going to be in the store.
Just cash registers in those years, charge cards were done on a press and such. I caught employees taking cash out when they were closing up at night, and all these guys were basically model airplane folks that I considered each a friend, until $$#@&%%$. LONG STORIES!

As far as eBay, I have been screwed a couple times. One is rather funny. The item was an older model Super Tigre .61 advertised as a "Black Head". Now I had never heard of a "Black Head" in all my days as a ST-liker. I had to have it. Well guess what! They had simply painted a blue-head black. I never contested it but I never again wanted anything from that source.
Another was a guy selling glow plugs by the card, like a dozen or such on a card. I won a couple cards and paid the amount. No glow plugs ever came and no responses to my emails were ever answered. Pay Pal covered my payments as eBay checked it out. I received, at different times, different sellers ?? (same local area) two kits, and each were boxes of SCRAP balsa. I never contested them as it was not worth the effort.

Al in all, there are a lot of people out there that will rip others off. Rather sad, it is, but that is today's world. Honesty and being straight seems to not be taught in the home as it was when I was a youngster. Neither my mom, nor my dad ever put up with other than honesty. Ain't like that now. IMO, condoling dishonesty is as bad as being dishonest. So Hang in There friend!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:56 AM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

That is sad! Thanks for sharing the story but very sad, I have always pride myself on being honest, I take nothing that is not mine and give back peoples stuff when found, a few months ago found a ladys bilfold in a parking lot plum full of money, found her phone number and called her, she pulled up with kids in the carand told me in there was her house payment car payment and she had to barrow part of the money from her folks, never once thought about keeping it, I work around allot of money and it does not ever cross my mind to take what is not mine, And the folks I work for no it and I get a nice raise every year. We will one day answer for what we did here on earth, being dishonest will not be a mark against me! Bob
Old 05-06-2013, 08:04 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

I was very busy one day with a lot of people. some i knew and some I didn't. I am by my self and do it all. After everybody left and I looked around i saw that one of my RC cars was gone. The SOB picked up the box and just walked out. Can't trust anybody.
And to Dennis, If you want to know his company just go to his member profile, it's right there. And to Giant Scale don't mix me up with the other Dennis because I'm a Dennis Too. Dennis
Old 05-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Al in all, there are a lot of people out there that will rip others off. Rather sad, it is, but that is today's world. Honesty and being straight seems to not be taught in the home as it was when I was a youngster. Neither my mom, nor my dad ever put up with other than honesty. Ain't like that now. IMO, condoling dishonesty is as bad as being dishonest. So Hang in There friend!
Having all the facts and variables come into play anytime you deal with these type of situations. We do have a right to get angry over this stuff as it had an impact on us all. I remember in the 70s before all the credit cards and such got going big time, we had the swindlers then, however they usually drove around and talked a con game on you and ripped you off that way.

Many would steal from their employers. I got caught up in it as well as all my friends were stealing everyone blind. Mostly small stuff, yet it adds up. I am so glad I departed from those things. The employees you worked with would say things like, "It is no problem, they are rich and they won't notice anything is missing. Look at how they run the business with such waste. They owe us."

You get desensitised to doing the right thing after hearing this stuff all day long. It takes some serious strength to avoid it. Some of my friends went to jail, but I chose to never get involved with it again and walked the other way. That was one of the best choices I ever made.

As you put it, there are a lot of people out there that will rip others off. I am concerned for the generation today and the one coming tomorrow. It is a sad state with no accountability, no integrity, and no honesty at all. People will lie to you with a straight face while ripping you off. A man will chance losing everything he has, especially his reputation, just to steal something of little worth.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Propworn

Absolutely things sound a little odd here. Remember Gasser is calling the man a thief and this is from his first post.

On March 28, I sold a brand new in the box DLE-35R to a guy in Clifton NJ. He recieved it on April 1st. It was Signature Confirmation (more on this later). Upon receiving it, he asked to return it and he gave 3 different excuses. Not the end of the world, but a little odd. Within minutes of him asking to return it and me giving him the proper address to return it, He then said he had already shipped it. Again, a little odd. He claimed to have shipped it back on April 4th.
So far nothing amiss here the fellow changed his mind for what ever reason could have simply been intimidated by your demeanor if you spoke to him in the same tone you use on the forum so he made up a few lame excuses it doesn’t mater he contacted you asking to return said item not the mark of a thief by any means.

We aksed for a return tracking number 3 or 4 times. Finally I was getting frustrated because he would not give any shipping info and I asked him flat out why he was avoiding the question of tracking. He acted offended and said he had never been talked to in such an unprofessional manner. I pointed out that we had provided him with tracking, insurance and sig confirmation to ensure accurate delivery. He again got upset when we asked direct questions about return tracking. By the 8th, the dirtbag had filed a chargeback on the engine! I am now out $350!
By this time it was clear I was taking a bath on this deal. I could see I had been set-up.
He has told Gasser he sent it back he has obviously made an error in judgment in not insuring it or getting a tracking number this makes him foolish still not a thief. Gasser you sound like you are upset about his shipping methods your entitled but getting too aggressive upsets him. Perhaps from your attitude he felt he might get burned after all it sounds like he filed the charge back a few days after your confrontation with him. Still does not make him a thief your item is being returned you have no proof it is not. One thing to note here is that filing a charge back is not as simple as a phone call wanting your money back. You must provide an explanation that is believable as the CC companies don’t enter into charge backs lightly.

What he did was ''refuse'' the package 3 days AFTER he accepted it. I guess they wrote return to sender on it and he sent it back. USPS Track & confirm did not show ANY return tracking until almost 14 days later on the 18th when the package was ''refused'' by him in clifton NJ. Then all the scans showed up And the most important one on April 1st, where it said ''Delivered'' was now missing. [/quote Long story short, the package has bounced back and forth between NJ & FL 3 or 4 times and as of today, the 29th has yet to be delivered back to us and the chargeback is still open. He will not respond to emails or calls.
Well your engine is in the mail so to speak. You’re not out $350 so your way out of line calling anyone a thief. Your tale of woe just does not add up by your own words. It would really be interesting to hear the other side after all he called you to return the item, he mailed it and you have a return tracking granted a little late. You may be out the shipping costs both ways. If your demeanor was anything like what we have heard from you on the forum you may have brought that on yourself. It seems pretty obvious the both of you could not agree on the method of return.
This does not make him a thief and your way out of line insinuating such.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:47 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Propworn, the buyer did everything wrong. I bet you'd feel less forgiving if it was your money on the line.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Propworn

ORIGINAL: eddieC

Propworn, the buyer did everything wrong. I bet you'd feel less forgiving if it was your money on the line.
No doubt the buyer appears to have screwed up it happens every day not just to Gassy he needs to get over himself. The motor is on its way back he’s not out the money for the motor so calling the guy a thief is wrong the buyer returned it via the same carrier. They can fight over who owes the shipping that’s something else. You’ve obviously made up your mind without hearing the other side which is kind of presumptuous on your part. If you have ever been in a position to be an arbitrator you listen to both sides before making a decision. In every case each side always tells the saga casting themselves in the best light. That is why it’s said there are two opposing sides with the truth lying somewhere in between.

As to it being my money on the line it’s never going to happen I explained that in an earlier post I accept postal money orders only, when I receive payment I ship the item. If there is reason to return the item we will work out the details then a refund or replacement is issued only when the returned item is received. Kind of simple I control all the apples. I have had a few object to my policy but then I explain politely they have the option of purchasing from whom ever they wish no hard feelings at all on my part.

I have a small machine shop in my garage and do small prototype work as well as custom and small production runs. Once I quote a job the customer pays a 50% up front, non refundable deposit with the balance in full when the job is finished payable before it leaves the shop. I spend time with the customer going over the print when he and I are satisfied the customer signs the print. The cost of his mistakes is his responsibility and my mistakes are mine.

This simple system has worked for me for quite a few years. The only complaint I have ever heard was “I never pay for stuff ahead of time†Those few have chosen to take their business else ware.

Dennis
Old 05-06-2013, 04:45 PM
eddieC

The motor is on its way back he’s not out the money for the motor so calling the guy a thief is wrong

You know this as a fact? Or are you simply taking the buyer's word that it's shipped? If it has, why is it taking so long? Seems like you're being less than objective, O Mediator.  
Old 05-06-2013, 04:59 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Yep , I'm still waitin on the news of whats actually in the box , if it ever shows up back with the OP .

Till then , The way I see it , Giant Scale Gasser has neither his money nor his engine , and thus has every right to be "somewhat less than thrilled" about the situation .
Old 05-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Propworn

The motor is on its way back he’s not out the money for the motor so calling the guy a thief is wrong

You know this as a fact? Or are you simply taking the buyer's word that it's shipped? If it has, why is it taking so long? Seems like you're being less than objective, O Mediator.
Eddie read the ops first post hes the one states its somewhere in transit.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Propworn

ORIGINAL: init4fun

Yep , I'm still waitin on the news of whats actually in the box , if it ever shows up back with the OP .

Till then , The way I see it , Giant Scale Gasser has neither his money nor his engine , and thus has every right to be ''somewhat less than thrilled'' about the situation .
I agree and if you feel that uncomfortable with what might be in the package you might want an independent witness present when it’s opened, like in front of the postman. He claims to have a lawyer on call who better to have present to open it. CC companies take a very dim view of fraud.

Dennis
Old 05-06-2013, 06:19 PM
eddieC

Read it, understood it. The buyer wasn't answering communications, shipped without an agreement to do so, without tracking, insurance or signature of delivery protections. Have I missed anything?

I had a seller try to sell me something 'not as described', when I called him on it he tried to open a case against me. PP said to return it, I did at my expense with tracking & insurance. He tried to say it never got there (sorry, got your sig!) and tried to charge me with not shipping it. Odd thing was, he advertised the item within 2 days of getting it back. I sent the link to PP, he wriggled out somehow without being banned. 

It would appear the 'mistakes' the buyer made could be to muddy the waters while the 'engine' (which, oddly, may resemble loose rocks) gets shuffled here and there. Innocent mistakes? Really, are you and the buyer that naive?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:06 PM
dmoody19
My Feedback: (24)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sadly guys ebay and paypal are married. If you the seller really feels like you are covered there just wait, you will learn better. Before I stopped working, my company quit using paypal some time ago because their policies at times borders on criminal themselves. THey do not care about you, they care about money and think they are too big to go down. I can tell you from personal experience and from the suite against them in '02 that they would just as soon shaft you up the you know what than step up and take care of you the seller. Isympathize with you friend. THe guy did wrong but I do hope you get your engine back at some point. Your messages show how mad you are and I don't blame you but hopefully thnigs work out fine and you can move on. It is of course true there are thieves here. I have been dealing with one and a police department in Nebraska for over 2 years now. THe police acknowledge that he ripped me off (sent junk instead of what the ad claimed the plane was. Didn't even give me the same brand and it was really terrible. In addition I sent him some very nice things and money). However the police say that they aren't wanting to press charges even knowing what he did which was interstate fraud among other things. I tell you that at times it just doesn't make sense but guys on the other hand, 99 percent of my deals are perfect. I refuse to allow what others do destroy me. I mean that they can do whatever they do but my reaction shows who I am. I realized long ago that forgiveness is for the hurt persons sake and not the person you forgive because they have to face judgement one day and will not get away with it in the end.... I know there are nonbelievers here so please just leave that alone, you can believe however you want. For me, as a pastor of a small home church I realize that it is never about me and the jerk that did the crime. It is between me and Jesus and that is what counts. Iknow I'm rambling but just had to put in my two cents worth.
As far as my experiences go the guy did wrong but that was nothing compared to what paypal has done to tens of thousands of those trusting in them.
Now I refuse to do anything aside from walmart moenygram or Postal money order or cash.
Don't let jerks change who you are. THat's all Imean here.
THey will pay a very big price in the end. But then again our trreatment of others will aslo be paid for...

ORIGINAL: AllAfterburner

Why not sell on Ebay? They take their usual fees but at least you're protected. I'm surprised there aren't more scams like this.
It was an eBay sale...

Old 05-06-2013, 07:55 PM
dmoody19
My Feedback: (24)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Eddie,

You cannot fault the buyer for not sending back something until the box gets there and the engine is missing.... IF the engine is missing... Iwonder have you ever been confronted by an alpha type guy that was just too intense? Did you just stand toe to toe or did you maybe try to avoid having issues with him? The second way is the way it should be done. It doesn't make you a thief, it makes you in some cases not beat up, not shot or not having to go to the dentinst because the alpha jumped to conclusions. I think both sides have issues. I think also that if we heard the other side of the story it very well may not be what ws portrayed here. Maybe it is just as gasser claims but we all know things get blown out of proportion sometimes....
Just sayin

Read it, understood it. The buyer wasn't answering communications, shipped without an agreement to do so, without tracking, insurance or signature of delivery protections. Have I missed anything?
I had a seller try to sell me something 'not as described', when I called him on it he tried to open a case against me. PP said to return it, I did at my expense with tracking & insurance. He tried to say it never got there (sorry, got your sig!) and tried to charge me with not shipping it. Odd thing was, he advertised the item within 2 days of getting it back. I sent the link to PP, he wriggled out somehow without being banned.
It would appear the 'mistakes' the buyer made could be to muddy the waters while the 'engine' (which, oddly, may resemble loose rocks) gets shuffled here and there. Innocent mistakes? Really, are you and the buyer that naive?
Old 05-06-2013, 08:46 PM
bogeyp38
My Feedback: (12)

OK....EVERYONE... WE GOTTA USE PAYPAL...I WAS SCAMMED BY AN RCU MEMBER IN ELPASO... GOES BY MSHAY...STOLE MY MONEY, NEVER SHIPPED PLANE...ANYONE IN ELPASO THAT FINDS HIM OR KNOWS OF HIM AN EMAIL WOULD BE APPRECIATED...I AM IN OKC AND WOULD DRIVE TO ELPASO TO HAVE A LITTLE TALK WITH HIM...I SENT MONEY ORDER AND HAD NO REAL RECOURSE LIKE WITH PAYPAL....THERE ARE THIEVES EVERYWHERE THESE DAYS, JUST BE CAREFUL WHO YOU TRUST AND LOOK AT THEIR RATINGS AND HISTORY...
Old 05-06-2013, 09:02 PM
bw5493
My Feedback: (36)

It's pretty sad you cant rely on fellow modellers to be honest and above board. Hell, the Engineering firm I worked for here in Meridian Idaho, My boss/manager knew I was an RC nut, and that I fly everything from Turbines to Helis, and even dabbled in RC cars and truck racing. He asked if he could buy a Losi Strike off of me for his about to become step kid, so they could bond. I agreeed and brought him in everything to go out and race, including a charger and batteries. A year goes by, he still didn't pay me, and when I pushed the test, he let me go for made up BS reasons....So go figure Thiefs are ever where, and wear all kinds of clothes.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:46 PM
DESERT RATT
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: bogeyp38

OK....EVERYONE... WE GOTTA USE PAYPAL...I WAS SCAMMED BY AN RCU MEMBER IN ELPASO... GOES BY MSHAY...STOLE MY MONEY, NEVER SHIPPED PLANE...ANYONE IN ELPASO THAT FINDS HIM OR KNOWS OF HIM AN EMAIL WOULD BE APPRECIATED...I AM IN OKC AND WOULD DRIVE TO ELPASO TO HAVE A LITTLE TALK WITH HIM...I SENT MONEY ORDER AND HAD NO REAL RECOURSE LIKE WITH PAYPAL....THERE ARE THIEVES EVERYWHERE THESE DAYS, JUST BE CAREFUL WHO YOU TRUST AND LOOK AT THEIR RATINGS AND HISTORY...
I totally agree!

It's Paypal or I don't buy! The seller has his protection, The Item, I have no recourse unless I have either a company that holds his item I'm buying until they get my money then they send item to me.I lost $1300.00 on Custom seats for my old hotrod, I got a set of seats the had gone through Katrina and Icould smell the stale smell even before Iopened the box. Pay pal helped me get part of my money back but I had to pay return shipping. I ended up still loosing $300.00 on the deal.

I recently answered an add on rcu market, I told the seller I would pay his price and shipping, I then asked him to send me a request for me to pay through Paypal, It was my fault I hadn't read the add thorough enough and it stated he only accepted Money orders, I apolized and told him I would ONLY buy through Paypal for my "Own" protection.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.