Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

***Share the Fun this Spring! – Forum Giveaway Presented by RC Universe and Hobby-Lobby***

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

***Share the Fun this Spring! – Forum Giveaway Presented by RC Universe and Hobby-Lobby***

Old 05-06-2013, 02:31 PM
RCU_Contest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Share the Fun this Spring! – Forum Giveaway Presented by RC Universe and Hobby-Lobby***

Hello RCU Members,<o></o>

<o></o>

Welcome to the first RC Universe forum contest of 2013! RC Universe and several big brands will proudly host a forum contest with tons of great prizes to potentially win every month this spring/summer. Up first is our Hobby-Lobby spring contest, take a look!<o></o>

<o></o>

First place winner will receive a Spyder Extreme FPV Hexacopter, Second place will win Telemaster 40 Deluxe Kit and Third prize will win eRC 25 Brushless motor with matching eRC 45A ESC. How do you become eligible? Easy, just submit a witty or creative caption to the picture provided below. Once that’s complete you are now eligible to win these great prizes, simply private message the username RCU_Contest with your email address and you are set. There are unlimited entries so feel free to submit as many funny captions as you can think of! Please let’s keep it family friendly, U.S. and Canadian residents only, contest ends May 31<sup>st</sup>. Winners will be selected approximately 10-12 days later and announced in the forum. For Terms and Conditions please click here.

<o></o><o>
Good Luck!

- RC Universe

</o>

<o></o>

*About our sponsor Hobby-Lobby: Since 1964, Hobby Lobby has offered quality products supported by outstanding service to our friends and customers. Our relationships and our dedication to finding and selling the very best airplanes, helicopters, and boats has been the key to our success in the past, and will continue to be our focus in the future. We remain committed to bringing you products with the legendary Hobby Lobby quality and service you’ve come to expect.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:15 PM
RSO

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: ***Share the Fun this Spring! – Forum Giveaway Presented by RC Universe and Hobby-Lobby***

I don't do Facebook. Leaves a bad connotation in my view. So I suppose I don't get to play?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Cub Man
My Feedback: (50)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ***Share the Fun this Spring! – Forum Giveaway Presented by RC Universe and Hobby-Lobby***

Hobby Lobby squadron ready for takeoff!!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 11:30 PM
karlik

ORIGINAL: RSO

I don't do Facebook. Leaves a bad connotation in my view. So I suppose I don't get to play?
Yeah - sorry - I don't facebook (or any of those other "social" sites) either. Guess that's two of us who can't play.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:03 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make it 3. 

Disappointed to see that the chance to win a prize is predicated on "liking" HL on Facebook. There are plenty of people in this hobby that don't do social media. 

I've been a loyal customer of HL for years, have 3 (and maybe 4) of the Telemasters as well as other planes.  Isn't there some other way to participate? 

Hope to hear back from someone. 
Old 05-07-2013, 04:38 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't do facebook either, a waste of time and why would I want to publicize my daily activities. And I really don't like pressing a "LIKE" button, because maybe I don't "LIKE" what I am going to see.

Everyone wants you to press the "LIKE" button. If they want me to "LIKE" something, don't put conditions on it.

Sorry, but that's how I feel and my opinion.

I guess I don't get to play.

Frank
Old 05-08-2013, 05:41 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Attention pilots; there'sa red and white taildraggeron the flight line with it's lights on. Thank you.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:52 AM
RCU_Contest

Not sure how to beeligibleto win? Want to participate but don't have a Facebook account? Feel free to send questions to RCU_Contest and we will answer any and all questions you may have about the May RCU contest and terms.
Who is going to win an $800 1st place prize this month? It could be you!
*Members are welcome to post captions for fun but if you want to be eligible to win our lovely prizes please make sure to "Like" Hobby-Lobby on Facebook and send a private message to RCU_Contest after you post your caption.
Thank you,
Team RC Universe
Old 05-09-2013, 05:29 AM
MajorTomski

That's right guys! We proud classic high wingers belong right here, up front where the spectators can see us. Not over there... with the crotchety old biplanes and DEFINITELY NOT with those whippersnapping 3D-ers! Just sit here, looking good, tail low and cool. Stinson! Where's your toupee?!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:04 AM
ampeater
My Feedback: (1)

Follow me guys....there's a cute little clipped wing cub down here on the left.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:12 PM
RCU_Contest

For those of you who submitted captions, awesome work!

RCU has heard from some of our members that want to participate butare not on Facebook. We are here to help so the good news is that the RCU team has opened the contest up to EVERYONEwho submits a caption, No "Like" on Facebook required.

Let's see more great captions and feel free to get creative and silly with them, this contest is all about sharing the fun this spring!

Have a great weekend,

-Team RC Universe
Old 05-10-2013, 03:15 PM
karlik

"Guy's, check it out. There's a beagle flying that Camel - and he's wearing goggles and a scarf!"

Old 05-10-2013, 05:26 PM
collector1231

One of the planes in the back" Fred looks like he died in flight. The other plane- "NOT FRED!" 
The 3 planes in the front; "What are they yapping about?" 

Old 05-10-2013, 05:31 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AHHHHHH, we made it. Wheew, I was afraid we would miss it. Hey Red, put your hat back on, you bald spot is blinding me!!!

Old 05-11-2013, 12:37 PM
helicrazedout

Attention all pilots!!! Whoever has the red Flemaster you have landed in a handicap zone (reserved for Parkzone Typhoon, no offense) please take off immediately before the Typhoon falls out of the sky! thank you.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:40 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCU_Contest

<o>

</o>

<o></o>

Red on the right? Why always red on the right? Now we have towork our way all the way to theright. I'll bea clipped wing model by time we get there.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:08 AM
RCU_Contest

Good Morning RCU Members!

Even more fantastic submissions over the weekend, keep up the good work. We have a new image for everyone to post captions to, now you can post a caption for one or both pictures. Take a look!

Old 05-13-2013, 08:57 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just my luck to land this on someone's campfire. 
Old 05-13-2013, 12:08 PM
MajorTomski

Ed loves that old "633 Squadron" movie soo much he just has to repeat that one scene as often as his plane will allow.

OR

Ed shows us the alternative to having a fire extinguisher availble.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:37 PM
zippome

"Boeing's chief engineer hard at work on the first design idea for the new dreamliner battery system !"

Thanks, Zip
Old 05-14-2013, 01:17 AM
karlik

"Dude - When I said that lipo gets so hot you could fry bacon on it while you're flying, it was just a figure of speech, not a suggestion."
Old 05-14-2013, 03:36 AM
ampeater

[img][/img]

Allright, take a deep breath and make a wish....
Old 05-14-2013, 06:08 AM
ampeater

[img][/img]

"I hear that smoke keeps Mosquitos away."
Old 05-14-2013, 03:52 PM
hornetnz

Who's ready for smores?!
Old 05-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Tittzo

1st pic: All right boys just like we practiced...Blue angels style!
2nd pic : Houston...I think we have a problem!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.