Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Aviation Design Fouga Magister

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Aviation Design Fouga Magister

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 03:31 PM
never-enuff
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aviation Design Fouga Magister

If a man was going to order a Aviation Design Jet ( Fouga Magister ) where would one order it? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:51 PM
oistein
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Aviation Design Fouga Magister

I'm sure these guys in Houston would sort you out even though the kit is not on their web page.

http://www.ultimate-jets.net/collect...on-design-kits

Old 05-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Modellbau USA
My Feedback: (5)

We are the US dealer for Aviation Design. If you would like info plz contact me at henry@ modellbauusa.com or you can call me at 954-224-1700
Old 05-10-2013, 03:34 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

never enuff, olivier with ultimate jets is building one for himself. shoot him an email or pm. his user name is olinco. you can order through him and he can answer build questions too. barry
Old 05-10-2013, 04:09 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

The kit is not on our web site for a good reason: although it is a beautiful plane, the moulds are very old and the components lack in visual quality.
The moulding joints are very wide and some parts require a lot of alignement job. However the parts are built in our factory in France and are super strong as well as quite light. The laminates use a lot of carbon fiber.

Also, this is a true builder's kit and requires a lot of knowledge about very large jets to get airborne.
All the flight controls need to be cut and hinged. All gear doors need to be cut, hinged and cinematics need to be worked out. All internal components need to be custom placed as there is no guidance and mounting plates need to be custom created. Furthermore there is no builder's manual.
For this reason there are very few of these planes flying in the world ( 2, I think for the time being ).
I am working on one very slowly...