Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > User Product Reviews
Reload this Page >

NitroPlanes.com Crappy products and service to match

Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

NitroPlanes.com Crappy products and service to match

Old 09-11-2012, 04:39 PM
catboater
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NitroPlanes.com Crappy products and service to match

Awhile back I bought a nitroplanes.com version of a Sig Kadet Senior arf. It was less than half what the Sig version cost so I gave it a shot. It was actually a nice looking airplane and flew really well for about 20 flights until the wing folded.
When I assembled it I decided to glue the wings together because the wing joiner they provided seemed pretty lame. Using Gorilla glue I got a good strong bond on the joiner and wing panels.
Last week I had a student on the buddy box and with no warning the wing just folded in half at about 200 feet high. The fuse went ballistic straight down and everything in the fuse was completely destroyed including the engine.
I contacted nitroplanes to tell them about it and sent detailed pictures of the wing failure. The response was " Since the order is a year old there's nothing we can do "
To be truthful, that is what I expected to hear because I've read many threads here about them. I'm posting this to confirm what so many already know - stay away from nitromodels.com!
Old 09-16-2012, 06:55 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: NitroPlanes.com Crappy products and service to match

Their stuff is really bottom buck stuff -
The molded models are nice looking and for the money they do work well enough

You noted why yo bought their Kadet - so you shouldn't be surprised .

PS I have a old Kadet Senior and Seniorita (original Sig models)
also one of the electric Senioritas - which is a cut way below the originals
Old 09-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I had a bad experience with Xheli.com and later found out they were also Nitroplanes.Com. I sent them several emails and tried to call them 7 times w/o any response from them. They do not answer their phones or respond to emails. Although, they are quick to hit your card if you areunfortunate enough to order from them. I recently warned one of my friends about them. But, ...he went ahead and made an order from them anyway. Consequently, for several weeks now he has been trying to get the parts that they charged him for. Their products are cheaply made and look like it, My friends Nitroplane plane does not fly well (i.e. notbalanced, etc.) or survive evenone hard landing. My advice = avoid Xheli.com and Nitroplanes.com and what ever other companies they have in their fingers into. You might pay a little more for a Parkzone, Hobbico or Blade, etc. But in the long run, you will make out a heck of a lot better with a lot less frustration, if you avoid them.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:17 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the story is the Sig arf's nitro has forsale were rejected by Sig and nitro bought them, I read that info somewhere here on RCU.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:24 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A lot of the Chinese stuff has weak wing joints and landing gear mounts.  I never expect a warranty with mail order stuff.  Just something fairly good is ok. If it is cheap, well sometimes you get what you pay for, and sometimes you pay way more and get the same thing exactly.  Almost everything is chinese or partly made there.  A warranty is nice to have, and that is what a hobby shop is for.  You can look them in the eye.  I have dealt with Hobbypartz which is Nitroplanes and am happy and would do it again.  Likely 1 time out of ten things will go bad with anything.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:53 AM
kenh3497

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

About Sig... On one of the forums somebody had a Sig ARF. The wing folded because of no glue. The ARF was not replaced but the owner requested a new KIT to replace the broken ARF. Kit sent without question. Of course photos of the failure and lack of glue was provided. That is service!!

On second thought I think the owner needed to have a receipt to close the deal. I would expect this from any vender. I am at this point, unsure of the outcome.

Ken
Old 10-18-2012, 11:45 AM
countilaw

I have heard a lot of horror stories about Nitroplanes. I have also wondered why they operate under so many different names. Is it a way to spread a few complaints over a lot of companies instead of a lot of complaints on ONE company? And what's with the "Nitro Girls"?

Frank
Old 12-09-2012, 03:04 PM
tribike65

I can only add to those stories. I bought a nitro planes peaks biplane. I wish I hadn't. If you want to buy, you get very fast service. If you have a problem they want more information plus photos. They don't understand what a battery hatch is nor the yellow plastic squares that hold down the tail brace wires. That is, if they respond at all.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:08 PM
masterhacker1989

So it lasted a year or 20 flights, im confused.
Im told that hobbypartz, Xheli, Nitrorcx, and nitro planes are all the same company, their customer support sucks, they dont warrent items, and they never have parts in stock, plus I think they buy "Bstock" Rc vehicles, cause my buddy bought a bsd land cruiser which is the same as a redcat backdraft and his sucks, parts are made of crappier plastic or somthing
I had a buddy who bought a exceed madbeast from nitrorcx and the esc went in it after 2 runs, they wouldnt warrent it because it had a little dirt on it, of course it had dirt on it its a rc monster truck, what are you supposed to do with it leave it on a shelf and look at it?
I'd buy from one of those companies so long as I could get spare parts elsewhere, they never have spares in stock, well the first 3 months after they get a new product they do then they never do
Old 02-05-2014, 05:50 PM
stu48

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the primary driving point is "Cheapest" you usually get what you paid for. It's been years since I built from kits but seldom did I not have to replace some part or materials. One has to have some common sense. If a wing spar in the kit for a 5-7 Lb plane is 1/8" liteply something should tell you that it would be better to use a piece of aircraft birch ply or some type of reinforcement added. One kit I bought had a piece of hard balsa for the stabilzer that was so heavy I would have had to put a brick in the nose to balance the plane. I just substituted some of my balsa on hand.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:48 PM
SrTelemaster150

The sad thing about all of this is that a large % of the market is lured in by the cheap prices. Those are customers that would have been better off paying for the quality of a genuine SIG or other quality product. That "bargain hunter" mentality will force a lot of the legitimate vendors out of business.