Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ T-Shirts

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ T-Shirts

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 02:40 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FEJ T-Shirts

NOT.... Remember... NO POLITICS, EVER AT Kentucky Jets!!
ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

Perhaps some shirts will be seen at Jets Over KY

(Original content deleted - off topic)

Old 05-10-2013, 02:56 PM
RCJetBazz

If shirts barred or encouraged by the event organizer, then that's politics. Where as if shirts worn by one's own will, that is no politics.

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

NOT.... Remember... NO POLITICS, EVER AT Kentucky Jets!!

Old 05-10-2013, 03:17 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Old 05-10-2013, 03:28 PM
RBardin

Beave, ya got it all wrong...Politics would be like saying if Obama had a T-Shirt, it would look like this:

Old 05-10-2013, 03:44 PM
RBardin

No, wait, I got that wrong. If Obama had a T-Shirt it would say DubD's plane crashed due to a spontaneous reaction to this Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unwq7...layer_embedded

That would be political.

Good thing we're only talking about T-Shirts, huh?
Old 05-10-2013, 03:46 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Not happy at all about being dragged into this, but Jets Over Kentucky Week has been, and will always be a POLITICAL FREE EVENT! That's regardless of the individual, or Manufacturer.

Respectfully,
Lewis Patton
Old 05-10-2013, 04:04 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't get it.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:05 PM
RBardin

So Lewis, does that mean if someone wears an anti-FEJ T-shirt to your event they will be asked to remove their T-Shirt?

Remember, the topic is T-shirts here...
Old 05-10-2013, 04:32 PM
jeteye

ORIGINAL: RBardin

So Lewis, does that mean if someone wears an anti-FEJ T-shirt to your event they will be asked to remove their T-Shirt?

Remember, the topic is T-shirts here...
"NO POLITICS" (Johnny Hernandez)
Old 05-10-2013, 05:04 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The whole "No Politics" policy was a promise made by Lewis to Johnny (RIP) and Lewis takes it very seriously. It is about a bunch of jet fliers getting together and concentrating on everybody having fun and not letting any issues spoil a good time being had by all.

In that spirit and in Johnny's memory, I won't be wearing my shirt to Kentucky. My feelings on this manufacturer are well known but Kentucky is not the appropriate venue. I would recommend that others follow likewise. Do not put Lewis in a position where he has to take a stand; you might not like the result.

There are a variety of t-shirts I've seen people wearing or for sale on the Internet. Some advocate a particular political party (or against it), gun rights, some are racial, religious, and some are just plain crude. All are intended to illicit an emotional response. In my opinion, none of these are appropriate either at Kentucky Jets which is a family-based event.

Regards,

Jim
Old 05-10-2013, 05:08 PM
RBardin

Johnny (RIP, my brother) has nothing to do with this recent FEJ issue.

The whole situation is unfortunate, and I myself once owned an FEJ which right now is flying great with the new owner. I don't have and am not looking to buy one of these T-shirts, but if someone who felt wronged by this company chooses to wear one to your event, that would be an expression of free speech which I hope you would agree everyone has a right to express their personal opinions.

Politics is a huge part of life, and people have individual rights that are not suspended because you would prefer "no politics". Their rights trump your preferences, and it might put you in a difficult legal position to demand otherwise. The only reason I brought this up is because you stated you were dragged into the topic, and are expounding on your "no politics" preference.

I don't think you are being dragged into it, and if you let the chips fall where they may, you will come out smelling like a rose. Just like you always do, because you're a great CD!

BRG,
Rusty
Old 05-10-2013, 05:12 PM
jeteye

The whole situation is unfortunate, and I myself once owned an FEJ which right now is flying great with the new owner. I don't have and am not looking to buy one of these T-shirts, but if someone who felt wronged by this company chooses to wear one to your event, that would be an expression of free speech which I hope you would agree everyone has a right to express their personal opinions.

Politics is a huge part of life, and people have individual rights that are not suspended because you would prefer "no politics". Their rights trump your preferences, and it might put you in a difficult legal position to demand otherwise. The only reason I brought this up is because you stated you were dragged into the topic, and are expounding on your "no politics" preference.

I don't think you are being dragged into it, and if you let the chips fall where they may, you will come out smelling like a rose. Just like you always do, because you're a great CD!

BRG,
Rusty
Ijust want to keep things like this away from Kentucky, regardless of who it is.

Lewis
Old 05-10-2013, 05:41 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Politics is a huge part of life, and people have individual rights that are not suspended because you would prefer ''no politics''. Their rights trump your preferences, and it might put you in a difficult legal position to demand otherwise. The only reason I brought this up is because you stated you were dragged into the topic, and are expounding on your ''no politics'' preference.

BRG,
Rusty

Simple fact is, Kentucky jets is an event, hosted and run by a group or individual. That being the case, their house, their rules. Don't like it, don't go. Plain and simple. Why put somebody into an awkward position over something as stupid as a T shirt.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:27 PM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

Politics is a huge part of life, and people have individual rights that are not suspended because you would prefer ''no politics''. Their rights trump your preferences, and it might put you in a difficult legal position to demand otherwise. The only reason I brought this up is because you stated you were dragged into the topic, and are expounding on your ''no politics'' preference.

BRG,
Rusty

Simple fact is, Kentucky jets is an event, hosted and run by a group or individual. That being the case, their house, their rules. Don't like it, don't go. Plain and simple. Why put somebody into an awkward position over something as stupid as a T shirt.
+1 LGM

Lewis was dragged into this and possibly any other CD that runs an event for the purpose of flying and friendship...and not statements or stands. Jim, class act move there, man...hero stuff for certain...along with Lewis and his heart to keep it what it is all about! Geeez, if it were about rights...there'd be a sunglass girl still hanging around. Thank you Lewis!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:35 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcjets_63

The whole ''No Politics'' policy was a promise made by Lewis to Johnny (RIP) and Lewis takes it very seriously. It is about a bunch of jet fliers getting together and concentrating on everybody having fun and not letting any issues spoil a good time being had by all.

In that spirit and in Johnny's memory, I won't be wearing my shirt to Kentucky. My feelings on this manufacturer are well known but Kentucky is not the appropriate venue. I would recommend that others follow likewise. Do not put Lewis in a position where he has to take a stand; you might not like the result.

There are a variety of t-shirts I've seen people wearing or for sale on the Internet. Some advocate a particular political party (or against it), gun rights, some are racial, religious, and some are just plain crude. All are intended to illicit an emotional response. In my opinion, none of these are appropriate either at Kentucky Jets which is a family-based event.

Regards,

Jim
+1

I wish Lewis and all the pilots a no drama event at Kentucky Jets. Lewis is working hard to put this event together. Please do not ruin it for him.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:38 PM
gjhinshaw

LMAO!!! I STILL remember her! LOL... Still have pictures, But you know her loser boyfriend got mad about the dinner thing...LOL, GOOD TIMES THERE!!!!Geeez, if it were about rights...there'd be a sunglass girl still hanging around. Thank you Lewis!
[/quote]
Old 05-10-2013, 07:08 PM
bevar

Oh man...of all the people that kid could have singled out to approach first...he had to pick Pablo as the one.

Pablo...cool as ever looked the squid right in the eyes and said "Hey...I'm not looking for any trouble here...but if you are...you just found it".

That was a crazy night...LOL.

Beave

ORIGINAL: rbxbear44

Geeez, if it were about rights...there'd be a sunglass girl still hanging around. Thank you Lewis!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:11 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, talk about causing a crap-storm....I wasn't DRAGGING anybody into anything. Good grief, you FEJ guys sure seem to be quite testy these days.

I didn't say people should show their opinion of FEJ by wearing their T-shirts at KY Jets. I was just wondering if anybody would.

Sluggo
Old 05-10-2013, 07:14 PM
bevar

Compton...drop and give me 25!

Man, talk about causing a crap-storm....

I didn't say people should show their opinion of FEJ by wearing their T-shirts at KY Jets. I was just wondering if anybody would.

Sluggo
Old 05-10-2013, 07:17 PM
VF84sluggo

LOL!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:47 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

BRG,
Rusty
Yes people have a right to express their opinion but welive in theage now where many people use poor judgement while doing so and say or express things with
poor taste. If you let one then you have to let all and that is where problems can start so its best to quash it from the begaining IMO.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:29 PM
gjhinshaw

I am glad that us men/women are taking a stand in loving one another to protect one from buying something they shouldn't. It warms my heart that I have someone looking out for me like a big brother/sister! I know I bought a 1/5 scale AT3 this year and I am putting a lot of time in it as I am Turing it into a all electric jet, except for the engine... Its not every day that a bunch of men/women can put there big pants on for a week and just have fun together!! No matter what he or SHE flies... The General always has the Grand event EVERY year and glad it will continue for what it was set out to be!! Its bigger the Florida with many countries coming together!!

So lets just..... KICK THE TIRES AND LIGHT THE FIRES!!!

Old 05-11-2013, 04:34 AM
PhilYabelli
Banned

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

I am glad that us men/women are taking a stand in loving one another to protect one from buying something they shouldn't. It warms my heart that I have someone looking out for me like a big brother/sister! I know I bought a 1/5 scale AT3 this year and I am putting a lot of time in it as I am Turing it into a all electric jet, except for the engine... Its not every day that a bunch of men/women can put there big pants on for a week and just have fun together!! No matter what he or SHE flies... The General always has the Grand event EVERY year and glad it will continue for what it was set out to be!! Its bigger the Florida with many countries coming together!!

So lets just..... KICK THE TIRES AND LIGHT THE FIRES!!!

If you are so glad this forum is here to help protect each other from bad dealers and bad models, then let me warn everybody against buying anything from Gerry Hinshaw, GiantScaleProducts.com. Worst seller in the business.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:14 AM
VF84sluggo

Old 05-11-2013, 06:46 AM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BRG,
Rusty
So your saying that it should be alright for an individual to come to KY Jets and boycott FEJ to which Lewis is a rep ? Talk about shoving it in your face ! As a rep, it's in Lewis's best interest to fly & promote FEJ products and not let some personal vendetta conflict with his event. FEJ should be proud to have him on board.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.