Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

I think I have found a 2 speed for my MCD.

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

I think I have found a 2 speed for my MCD.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:57 PM
nitrohead5300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I think I have found a 2 speed for my MCD.

No updates MCD 2 speed has way too much rotational mass on its drivetrain !! My FG with its 2 speed is faster. I am running FG now. Gave the MCD to the wife now she has a car to race.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:31 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Might have been the reason why the people that were originally making it never went thru with it. I had a rampage MT and it was too much stuff going on in there. Couldn't even think what it would be like with a 2 speed.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:25 AM
nitrohead5300

It was slow GT100. And it would be tooooo expensive to make with new FG parts. Lucky for me you made me a deal on the FG 3 speed tranny parts that you sold me or else I would not have been able to afford this experiment with the FG. Besides Demon RC says they are working on a 2 speed unit for the MCD which would be cheaper than getting a custom made clutchbell extra long , harden layshaft and gears and trying to duplicate what I did. I may put the 3 speed on my FG. The wife is complaining about the MCD being too slow now she wants a FG. When we race who ever loses has to do the housework for a week .
Old 05-15-2013, 12:00 PM
C.lyra

ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

It was slow GT100. And it would be tooooo expensive to make with new FG parts. Lucky for me you made me a deal on the FG 3 speed tranny parts that you sold me or else I would not have been able to afford this experiment with the FG. Besides Demon RC says they are working on a 2 speed unit for the MCD which would be cheaper than getting a custom made clutchbell extra long , harden layshaft and gears and trying to duplicate what I did. I may put the 3 speed on my FG. The wife is complaining about the MCD being too slow now she wants a FG. When we race who ever loses has to do the housework for a week .
You have a cool wife, that wants to play with you...[8D]
Old 05-17-2013, 12:10 PM
nitrohead5300

Thanks she is pretty cool to put up with me. But she has figured out that I have an advantage with the FG . The Fg is lighter better handling and quicker now she wants one.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:10 AM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Dude, you cant win all the time. She'll catch on. My wife is on a totally different thing when it comes to the RCs so I have nothing to worry about. She's into drifting.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:11 AM
nitrohead5300

I like to win because that means I get out of doing house work!! Any time your wife supports your hobby in my opinion you are aleady a winner!!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:13 AM
nitrohead5300

GT100 have you done anymore speed runs with your inline twin FG??