Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

NEU Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 08:38 PM
hilson87
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEU Motor Mounts

Im slowly coming to the realization that finding anyone to make a High quality, lightweight NEU motor mount isnt so easy. I realize theres the whole (do it yourself route) Im currently lacking a garage full of tools that i use to have full access to. Times have changed and im now in a different city, different state and in an apartment. So thats why im seeking a manufacturer or a single person that can make a motor mount for a NEU motor (1509 series motor to be exact). I realize this is a smaller motor and is definitely not going on a 2 meter airplane. Its going on a 50 size pattern ship that im trying to make as light as humanly possible. I would like if possible the mount to be carbon NOT (Aluminum).

Please if anyone has any suggestion other than the ones i have already found that im listing below please point me in the right direction.

http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=4365

Theres also ofcourse budd engineering and hyde mounts but as far as i currently know they only produce mounts for the larger 2 meter motors. If im wrong again please let me know. Im simply looking to be pointed in the right direction at this point.

Thanks for any help that can be offered,

Blake Hilson
Old 10-05-2010, 09:28 PM
J Lachowski
My Feedback: (46)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEU Motor Mounts

Contact Hyde, he may be able to make something custom for your case. Can't hurt to ask.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:57 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hyde has the soft mount for the neu F3A-1
Old 10-06-2010, 06:26 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Blake,

Merle will make you any mount you want as long as you can give him the dimensions,

Arch
Old 10-06-2010, 09:50 AM
hilson87
My Feedback: (42)

To cool! I was not aware Merle did full on custom mounts.
This is really going to be awsome!

Thanks!

Blake Hilson
Old 10-06-2010, 10:52 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

His wont be Carbon. They will be his standard vibration mounts, and they do help on the electrics.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:43 AM
pepflyer

Blake. I too am looking for a suitable motor mount for my Neu 1506/1Y. Neu sent me a top piece to mount on the gearbox, but I am still looking for the rest of the parts to make a "stand off" mount for my big Lanzo Bomber. I can probably make the base plate and bevel the screw holes, but I still need a good source for the vertical rod supports at the correct length and with screw holes in each end. Pepflyer
Old 05-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Dean Pappas

Hi,
Fiberglass circuit board material (often called G-10) works great and can be worked with Dremel jigsaws and sanding drums.
You will dull a few jigsaw blades but it works. Areospace Composites has a ton of the stuff in 3/32" thickness available.

Regards,
Dean Pappas
Old 05-14-2013, 03:26 AM
MarkF

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I used the mount from budd engineering and the standoffs I got from esprit models.

Mark