Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Blackout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

ORIGINAL: advanced builder

Are we going to do a Thursday evening /practice race?
Roger was the starter of that. And he is off the grid. [X(] If we see some good weather during the week, we can plan a test and tune on any good day. All the buoys are in now. Bob and I put 4 and 5 in last night, but those two need adjusting with the transit. We ran out of time. It took about a 1/2 hour to find the buoy that went to the bottom, but we found it!
Old 04-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fred and I are planning to bring his trailer up on the 27th.
If all goes well, we will stay the night and test both Saturday and Sunday.

Joe
Old 04-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: Joe Petro

Fred and I are planning to bring his trailer up on the 27th.
If all goes well, we will stay the night and test both Saturday and Sunday.

Joe
Sounds good Joe!
Old 04-19-2013, 07:17 AM
tomstoys2
My Feedback: (3)

Hey Guys,
The pond is looking amazing! I had really hoped to join but between family and work I don't have enough free time.
I'm selling a built FE tunnel PS295 wood over foam I purchase last year but never got around to rigging. I know most of you run nitro but if anyone is interested I would be happy to bring it out to talk a look at. It is only the hull, cowl and OS leg.
Link to the for sale thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...674&electric=0

Let me know if anyone has questions. I priced it based on what I paid. I would be happy to negotiate to keep it local.
Thanks,
Tom
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23902.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1873698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76287.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	1873699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fl18594.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1873700  
Old 04-19-2013, 06:55 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tunnel looks nice Tom!!! more fence planned for sunday 4/21.. here is last weekends work..
Old 04-21-2013, 06:32 PM
parshallboatworks

Work party today 4/21 ay Stony Pond.. was a bit warmer today!!!!got some more fencing in and pit area looking good... C.D. stand and driver stand coming along nicely.. Great job Craig!!! we had a good turnout Bob,Roger,Tom &Cindy D.,Neil,Mark,Rick and Craig were hard at work (and play...)
Old 04-21-2013, 06:34 PM
parshallboatworks

Nice pic of my BULLITT at priemere race sight in N.Y.!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:08 AM
Blackout

Lookin sharp! [8D]
Old 04-22-2013, 06:02 AM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: tomstoys2

Hey Guys,
The pond is looking amazing! I had really hoped to join but between family and work I don't have enough free time.
I'm selling a built FE tunnel PS295 wood over foam I purchase last year but never got around to rigging. I know most of you run nitro but if anyone is interested I would be happy to bring it out to talk a look at. It is only the hull, cowl and OS leg.
Link to the for sale thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...674&electric=0

Let me know if anyone has questions. I priced it based on what I paid. I would be happy to negotiate to keep it local.
Thanks,
Tom
TT
I re posted your hull in the Stony Pond for sale section. Nice job on hull. hardware is 1st class. If you don't sell it soon we can sell it on a race day @stony Stop down when you can ,you might find time to run a hull. Next weekend we will be testing and some site work. Mostly testing as we got most of the site work done. Yee ha http://www.stonypond.boards.net/index.cgi
Old 05-07-2013, 02:48 AM
fuma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where did you guys go
Old 05-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Blackout

Been real busy getting ready for our first race on May 18th.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:01 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Been real busy getting ready for our first race on May 18th.
OK EVERYBODY, STONY POND IS READY!!!! our first race N.Y.S.Championship series is SAT 5/18-SUN 5/19
Check website for details, directions,scedule,and other info..... IMPBA Required,bring what you got,we wlii find you a spot...
2012 Pond Enlarging Photos 2013 Race Schedule Forum Photo Gallery FE Rules

Stony Pond Model Boat Club, Canandaigua, NY

The Stony Pond Model Boat Club was founded in March of 2011. We are an IMPBA club so members need to join theIMPBA. AMA members can run boats on test and tune days, but they must join the IMPBA to participate in the races. To run boats at Stony Pond on non-race days (test and tune) you must join the Stony Pond Model Boat Club.

Stony Pond Membership Info

We are located less than 5 miles from Canandaigua Lake and the city of Canandaigua.

The driver's stand is 10 feet tall with a 16' by 6' platform. This provides an excellent view of the boats when racing. The retrieval boat is always fueled and ready to go. A 1/3 mile IMPBA course is setup at all times. The pond is owned by myself, so no need to please the pond owner. There are neighbors, but not many and only on the NE side. The rest is farm land. There is plenty of room for parking, including RV parking. Overnight camping is welcomed and there are no restrictions on generators.

Fall 2012 Dig Update: After nine days of digging, the pond size now averages 275 feet wide and is 700 feet long.

We are still accepting donations to help pay for the pond enlarging. If you would like to donate, you can send me a check or donate through PayPal by clicking on the donate button.

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium;"> <input type="image" src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donateCC_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!" /></form>

Thank you,

Craig Mapstone
2816 Smith Road
Canandaigua, NY 14424
cell: 585-350-9853
email:[email protected]

Old 05-13-2013, 07:21 PM
parshallboatworks

Here is some of the latest STONY POND PICS!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:40 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: fuma

where did you guys go
we are here just been getting ready to race... and kind of spread out.. we have a forum at stony pond website... you are welcome to join us there also!!! hope to see you there. and we will try to post here more often too!! Thanks for the interest
Old 05-14-2013, 02:29 AM
fuma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i  would be there if i was closer, realy like  your site, good luck with the first race
Old 05-14-2013, 03:27 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: fuma

i would be there if i was closer, realy like your site, good luck with the first race
Thank you,we wish you could come too... hopefully someday... A bunch of us have talked about a road trip down south too.. Just tough in this economy... we will be posting pics etc from races to share here and keep our friends updated!! Thanks again!!
Old 05-19-2013, 02:27 PM
gassertom

To All,
Our new club (approx. 35 members) held our first race this weekend.  The race was well attended by racers from NY, PA and Canada.  Many of our members are new to competitive racing and how a race is run, but the event was fun for all with very few mishaps / missed calls, etc.  If you haven't read the background on our pond, check out the posts under clubs and ponds "Canandaigua NY Test Pond".  Trophies were provided on "marble-like" plaques with photos of the winner and their winning boat on the trophy. We hope you will consider coming to one of our upcoming races, check out our web site at www.vpmcobras.com/stonypond.htm.
Tom
Old 05-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Canadian LoCo

Nice to see that you guys had a great weekend of racing I hope you guys got some pic's would be nice to get some for the up coming roostertail.
keep up the good work things can only get better.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:06 AM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: gassertom

To All,
Our new club (approx. 35 members) held our first race this weekend. The race was well attended by racers from NY, PA and Canada. Many of our members are new to competitive racing and how a race is run, but the event was fun for all with very few mishaps / missed calls, etc. If you haven't read the background on our pond, check out the posts under clubs and ponds ''Canandaigua NY Test Pond''. Trophies were provided on ''marble-like'' plaques with photos of the winner and their winning boat on the trophy. We hope you will consider coming to one of our upcoming races, check out our web site at www.vpmcobras.com/stonypond.htm.
Tom
thanks Tom for the help on my nitro cat. You are right about the fuel needle being lean. I should leave things alone. And stop messing with my needle settings.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:14 PM
parshallboatworks

As Tom said above,we had a great turnout this weekend.. Lots of racing and fun times. The site worked well had extra room for camping and parking..The extended driver stand fit all of us oversized old guys,and some smaller ladiesvery well!!! here is a couple videos of the happenings.
http://youtu.be/nXBqqeGtoHk
http://youtu.be/g0lKzMmHE-g
http://youtu.be/EZXAfzOMoDQ
Old 05-27-2013, 02:44 PM
gassertom

Why is my 21JAE rigger powerd by a 21 GO motor constantyl running rich. Glen Quarles carb, isolated needle. (Motor was re-built last fall with new bearings and rod.) Settings being adjusted with a BM metter. No matter what the setting, the fuel consumption is excessive and there is no change in the speed. Also the boat runs approx 2-3 laps and then dies. Any ideas?
Old 05-27-2013, 03:43 PM
advanced builder

Tom
Lets add one of my engines/pipe and eliminate all things to do with your engine And CK the driveline on your hull. FIRST. Your drive-line may be off slightly. We can rebuild that if it's off. Or add your engine to my old JAE hull. then CK My old hull still is a good hull for testing - fuel has penetrated the wood pours. The radio box is suspect. I know you has a bad day with that hull. We did get the Vee hull running OK Lets play we got time. Thursday after work is good for me. Let me know.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:50 AM
Billk44

ORIGINAL: gassertom

Why is my 21JAE rigger powerd by a 21 GO motor constantyl running rich. Glen Quarles carb, isolated needle. (Motor was re-built last fall with new bearings and rod.) Settings being adjusted with a BM metter. No matter what the setting, the fuel consumption is excessive and there is no change in the speed. Also the boat runs approx 2-3 laps and then dies. Any ideas?
Tom,What type of remote needle are you using? Most needles come in a large and small version. The smaller (finer) is used for 21/45 motors and that is what you need. The larger one will be very difficult to get a setting on. As far as dying after a few laps goes, make sure you have plenty of air getting to the carb. It will cause this symptom.Bill
Old 05-28-2013, 02:39 PM
gassertom

Neil,
Thanks for your offer. Unfortunatley, I can't make it out there on Thursday - due to work.
Plan on being at the pond Saturday or Sunday, depdendent on which day has better weather conditions.
Switching motors at the pond might be difficult due to engine mounting and pipe location. If you have a Rossi 21, that would work because it has the same mounting as the GO Motor and was what I had originally in the JAE. In reverse, putting the GO motor in your boat would be worth a try, if it is set up for a Rossi 21.

Bill,
The remote needle that I'm using is a 40 OS remote needle from Tower Hobbies. We do have a smaller needle valve, but had switched to the 40 OS late last year as the smaller one didn't seem to perform. But, it may have been plugged. Think I'll clean out again the smaller needle valve and put it on the JAE. Could the size of the carb be causing the problem (modified Glenn Q. carb that has the idle adjustment removed and needs a remote needle to operate)? There should be plenty of air getting to the carb, as there is no cowl.

The more I think about it, the size of the needle valve may be the culprit. Think I'll start with that and go from there.

Lots of possibiliteis here, one thing I've learned, though, is to try one thing at a time. Looks like it'll be a long day at the pond this weekend.

On another note, yes, it was good to see the 20 mono let loose finally. That different prop (thanks Neal) seemed to do the trick.

Thanks, Tom
Old 05-29-2013, 03:11 PM
gassertom

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25759.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1886878  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.