Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kudos Kingtech service!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kudos Kingtech service!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 02:19 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Kudos Kingtech service!

In these times of regular RCU discontent I thought I might take the time to share some of the more positive experiences I have had when dealing with Kingtech Turbines. Now just to make it clear, I am Bias as hell as I sell the product, but then again I sell a bunch of other turbines through my store also. However. Right now. One name is really shining bright and that is Kingtech. I have yet to send a faulty turbine back. Out of those I have sold, only one has suffered from a faulty pump and even that was replaced no questions asked. The longest I have ever had to wait for an email response has still been less than 24 hrs. More often than not they are answered within the hour ( Time differences allowing) and on countless occasions Barry has phoned me at his cost to assist with set up questions on mine or customers Turbines.
Just to top it off. I sold a K-100 this Monday. I advised the customer that we needed to order the turbine in for him and that it normally takes about 10 days from time of order to delivery. In fact its normally 7 but I like to allow a few days just in case. I have just had the pleasure of phoning the customer and telling him that Kingtech got it here ( post free I hasten to add ) in less than 3 full days! On top of that they answered some rather technical questions for this customer ( He is an experienced home builder who wanted to know some info on the internal construction and materials ) without hesitation! Well done Barry and Vera. Long may this level of service continue.
Did I mention that I am now on my third Kingtech turbine in my demo models? All of which are performing as faultlessly as any other manufacturer of turbine that I am operating ( of which there are 9 in total )
Sorry if this comes across as a shameless plug, but I really do think these guys deserve it. I will admit to being sceptical when I first saw them appear on the scene, but I am happy to be proven wrong.
Regards Al
Old 05-16-2013, 02:49 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Kudos Kingtech service!

Couldn't agree more with you Ali!

Its nice landing with the engine running
Old 05-16-2013, 03:11 AM
Robrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there manufacturers that don't provide this level of service?

Rob.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:13 AM
Ali

Really Rob? [:@]
Old 05-16-2013, 03:29 AM
Robrow

Sorry Ali, I only deal with 2 companies that both provide a similar level of service so probably not enough spread to experience service at a lower level.

Rob.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:43 AM
basimpsn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm still in Awe how powerful these engine are..Unlimited vertical takeoff full of fuel and smoke oil amazing As for fuel pumps Ive had one engine with a faulty pump..So Barry It would be a shame to let bad pumps give those powerfull engine a bad name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU7wG_4mLrE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjZi7JRD19g
Old 05-16-2013, 03:43 AM
Ali

No worries Rob. I am just trying to keep this post a positive one. I have experienced varying levels of quality and service from a wide range of manufactures and suppliers in this hobby/ business. The Kingtech thing thus far has been superb, so just thought I would post about it and put a happy one to break up some of the tension round here maybe
Regards Al
Old 05-16-2013, 03:52 AM
Robrow

Yes, I have to say that although I have no personal experience with K'tech I have not heard anything negative, no better way to start as a new manufacturer.

Rob.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:16 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: Robrow

Are there manufacturers that don't provide this level of service?

Rob.

How about when my JC eagle seized at FLjets early in the week Barry walked down with a brand new K180 for me to borrow for the rest of the week so I was not grounded. I used it for many flights and had a great weekend then gave it back with no pressure at all!
Old 05-16-2013, 04:55 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Its going to take over the turbine, soon this will be the turbine brand of choice, I own 5, would own 7 if the the K-200 and K-250 were out.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:29 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 3 of them and love them also...my k-80e I bought it used. It starts and runs flawless every time. I now am also flying the k180g and k100g.

Oh I also forgot to add the Henry got me the 100g and it came in with in 5 days from payment..east to west coast delivery.

Jeff
Old 05-16-2013, 05:53 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Ali,

I could not agree more. While I as of yet do not own a Kingtech turbine, I sure know of them!

While at any show or online, you can mention other manufacturers (JC, J C, EJ ETC) and when mentioning something positive about them will find an equal or even greater number of pilots who have negative things to say about the product or their reps.

Not with Kingtech. Barry started off slow, emerging into the market with reliable engines, while not the newest technology at the time but were dead nuts on...always started and ran with little to no problems and were the first brand to approve Diesel fuel if I recall.

Now, the next wave of their products are emerging, and they are quite nice and fully up to date. They look sharp, run like the wind and have no issues other than everybody loves them!

Congrats Barry...you really you really know how to put together winning combinations!

Beave
Old 05-16-2013, 06:18 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Ali, good info. I just took the Kingtech "plunge", so to speak, and bought a K60G...instead of a P60SE.

Wow, did you hit the nail on the head with the prompt reply from Barry! I sent an inquiry email last Sunday night (12May), had a response waiting for me Monday morning, an invoice by noon, and did the transaction Monday afternoon. The turbine was shipped right out, will arrive tomorrow (Friday, 17May). Wow!

Indeed, Barry and Vera could not have been easier to work with. Barry even called to verify the ECU battery I wanted, and Vera was right on it when I called back.

It was hard to let go of the 'purple', but man, my experience with Kingtech customer relations so far has been A++!

Sluggo
Old 05-16-2013, 07:47 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are other companies that have received praise, but haven't lived up to the hype once push comes to shove. Kingtech on the other hand is an exemplar of great service. Barry has had my back during good and bad times. Even if it was a faulty part, he was a man about it and replaced the part immediately. In one case I had a bad pump and he had a new pump delivered to me at a jet rally. You can not pay for customer service like this. Barry and Kingtech deserve all the success they are getting because they work exceptionally hard to earn every dollar we give them.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Rush!

Couldnt agree more...    I run two Kingtechs and no very happy with their customer support....
Old 05-16-2013, 08:26 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

I have 3 K140’s I have had a few small issues and Berry has taken care of all of them. His customer service is second to none. The 140’s are power house’s Putting out almost 29 lbs. at 7400 ft. Also sip fuel for the power output Thanks Berry
Old 05-16-2013, 08:35 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

I feeling better and better about choosing a K60G!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:40 AM
cairoman

+1 here, Ali!

Chris
Old 05-16-2013, 09:47 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I have bought three kingtechs and Barry has been great to deal with. The last time we talked he called me to make sure my brand new 170s for my twin had the latest updated internal valves! Great guy to talk to and deal with, I have owned one other brand so my experience is limited but even at my level its very easy to hear and see the difference when switching to the these turbines. I cannot wait for that larger turbines!!!!
My only regret is I was not able to make MS Jets to meet Barry [&o] I was moving to TN which is just down the road from KY Jets so hope to meet him then. Cheers!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:02 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

+1, Barry is fantastic to work with. I own a K80 and a K170 and both engines have proven to be extremely reliable and powerful powerplants. These are great turbines and the customer service is top flight!

Barry deserves all of the praise he is receiving here because he has worked VERY hard to make sure his customers are taken care of.

Congrats again Barry!

Andy
Old 05-16-2013, 11:48 AM
ron Sweeney

Al, it was my pal who bought the engine in question. I am circling the 140 after seeing how his 100 performs. Believe me my pal knows his turbines and used to build pulse jets untill the police stopped him running them up in his back garden. He actually built and ran the original Kurt Shreckling engine as well as his own home build '66s with the plywood compressor ring. So I am eager to see how he gets on, Ron.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Ali

thankyou very much Ron, he did mention that you recommended us. I gathered he knew his stuff by the questions he asked! I hope he gets on well with it. I have two 140's coming in next week One is for me, but the other......
Regards Al
Old 05-16-2013, 01:10 PM
ddlstang
My Feedback: (2)

There are several good turbine manufacturers out there, anything mechanical or electrical has the possibility of failing. The Kingtechs have a very good product and are staying current in their designs. They run great and make rated power. What makes them the best ( IMO ) is the service, you can not beat Barry's service. He is very helpful ( Dirk too ) and has never been condescending like others are. You can sell a great product but what keeps a customer is the service, something many have forgotten or never knew.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Selleri

ORIGINAL: Ali
I have two 140's coming in next week One is for me, but the other......
Hmmm, 2x would fit right into a A-10!

And it's got a tub for the pilot so that should cover any marine activity!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:18 PM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: Ali

Really Rob? [:@]
Good one Ali...;-)

BTW, my next turbine will be a Kingtech!

Z

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.