Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kudos Kingtech service!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kudos Kingtech service!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 10:13 PM
makis
My Feedback: (2)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Kudos Kingtech service!

Hi guys,

Although I'm a newcomer to jets, I have only good words to say about this superb turbines! I own a K80F with 6 hours flying and every time it runs flowlessly with incredible power! I also own a K100G which it's still BNIB, but I have no doubt that it will be an excellent tool as well! As for the service I haven't got personal experience yet, but I noticed some minor problems concerned other aeromodellers, to be solved quite easily and quickly at no cost at all!!

Kingtech and Barry are make the difference, keep up the good work!!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:50 PM
frema

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

I feeling better and better about choosing a K60G!
you will love the engine
specialy when you run it on diesel
i have one too
just to play with
very nice engine
and the support from Vera and Barry is great
Old 05-16-2013, 10:52 PM
frema

ORIGINAL: Ali

In these times of regular RCU discontent I thought I might take the time to share some of the more positive experiences I have had when dealing with Kingtech Turbines. Now just to make it clear, I am Bias as hell as I sell the product, but then again I sell a bunch of other turbines through my store also. However. Right now. One name is really shining bright and that is Kingtech. I have yet to send a faulty turbine back. Out of those I have sold, only one has suffered from a faulty pump and even that was replaced no questions asked. The longest I have ever had to wait for an email response has still been less than 24 hrs. More often than not they are answered within the hour ( Time differences allowing) and on countless occasions Barry has phoned me at his cost to assist with set up questions on mine or customers Turbines.
Just to top it off. I sold a K-100 this Monday. I advised the customer that we needed to order the turbine in for him and that it normally takes about 10 days from time of order to delivery. In fact its normally 7 but I like to allow a few days just in case. I have just had the pleasure of phoning the customer and telling him that Kingtech got it here ( post free I hasten to add ) in less than 3 full days! On top of that they answered some rather technical questions for this customer ( He is an experienced home builder who wanted to know some info on the internal construction and materials ) without hesitation! Well done Barry and Vera. Long may this level of service continue.
Did I mention that I am now on my third Kingtech turbine in my demo models? All of which are performing as faultlessly as any other manufacturer of turbine that I am operating ( of which there are 9 in total )
Sorry if this comes across as a shameless plug, but I really do think these guys deserve it. I will admit to being sceptical when I first saw them appear on the scene, but I am happy to be proven wrong.
Regards Al
Ali ,. when you at Pampa , do you fly with a k60g too?
i will bring mine to run at pampa
good engine , nice build
also the k100g , perfect engine ,and great power
have a nice weekend
Regards,
martin
Old 05-17-2013, 12:07 AM
number27

I have a 170G and 140F and love them both. Both run on diesel and run flawlessly. The ease of filling up at the fuel station on the way to fly is superb. The 140 has more grunt than my purple branded 140 rx.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:13 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi Martin.
Sorry, but I wont be going to Pampa. [&o]
Regards Al
Old 05-17-2013, 12:29 AM
frema

oh , i didnt know this
but its great that you are a kingtech dealer too
have a nice weekend
Regards,
martin.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:43 AM
Robrow

Do you know if they have any higher thrust engines planned in the 200N-300N class?

Rob.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:23 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: frema
ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

I feeling better and better about choosing a K60G!
you will love the engine
specialy when you run it on diesel
i have one too
just to play with
very nice engine
and the support from Vera and Barry is great
Sounds great! My K60G arrived yesterday, 5 days from first contact with Barry to delivery. Looking forward to getting it up and running.

I have to admit I'm a little hesitant about diesel, but from what everyone is saying, sounds like it might be the fuel to use.

Sluggo
Old 05-18-2013, 05:31 AM
frema

well if you dont believe me
then do 2 tests
first one with kerosine with 5 % oil
and then diesel with 5 oil
and then i know you will never complain about running on diesel
Old 05-18-2013, 05:51 AM
VF84sluggo

LOL...will do!

Sluggo
Old 05-18-2013, 06:01 AM
ddlstang
My Feedback: (2)

From what I understand it's supposed to be in the 220 - 240 range.

Sluggo : A buddy here has been running diesel for 2 yrs, not an issue. I just dont like the smell on my hands compared to kero. We have mixed fuels also so that won't hurt a thing.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:14 AM
VF84sluggo

Thanks Dale. Yes, I've heard the smell is an issue, but looks like that might be the only drawback. But, for a little extra thrust and lower fuel bill, it might be a fair tradeoff.

You answered a question I had, that of kero and diesel getting mixed. Not that I would mix them together in the jug, but I didn't want to have to purge the fuel system if going from kero to diesel.

Sluggo
Old 05-18-2013, 06:21 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm using diesel too. Sure is nice that I can get fuel anywhere instead of running to a special place..
Old 05-18-2013, 10:15 AM
txshan130
My Feedback: (114)

Couldn't agree more...running a K100G in a Crow Aviation Razor and another in a V4 Tornado. Both run flawlessly!
Old 05-18-2013, 11:27 AM
VF84sluggo

Man...I'm really thinking hard now about selling my P100-RX and getting a K100G.

Sluggo
Old 05-18-2013, 12:49 PM
frema

well ,i dont wanna convince you
but i like the k100 more then the p100
much nicer sound
great engine
Old 05-18-2013, 02:46 PM
VF84sluggo

I may list it tonight. It's got less than 45 minutes of run time on it.

For sure if I go with diesel for the K60, it would make things simpler, wouldn't have to worry about having kero on hand, too.

Sluggo
Old 05-19-2013, 07:05 AM
robersteam

a few year ago i contacted Barry and bought my first Kingtech.i have had a k140 kero start for 7 hs (i sold it with my scorpion),from the first start it worked flawless. never a flame out ,neither fire during start up and the best of all ,incredible thrust!!!!!
hope i can get a 180g for a 2.5m skymaster viperjet.
kudos to kingtech!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 07:49 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: dubd

You can not pay for customer service like this. Barry and Kingtech deserve all the success they are getting because they work exceptionally hard to earn every dollar we give them.

Actually I slightly disagree with this statement Dantley. I believe we are paying for this service from every manufacture. We pay good money for these little engines and part of that is the promised service we should receive. The difference is guys like Barry realize that we, the customer, have paid for that service and he doesn't forget it. He treats his customers as they should be treated and nothing less. Barry is a nice guy no question, but further to that he is a smart business man. He is smart enough to see beyond the sale and continue to provide the service as advertised. This is how all companies should operate, but very few do. I am very happy that Barry remembers what he has sold to the customer, not just at the point of sale but afterwards. On top of that, you are paying less for this great service with kingtech than with many other brands. So do I feel that Barry is going above and beyond? Well, yes and no I suppose. What I do believe is that Barry understands how to be successful, and that is by having happy customers because you provide the service you advertise.

You know what impresses me about kingtech far more than threads like these? The lack of threads like these. I've said it before, I don't really care what the warranty is on an engine, I want the engine that doesn't need to go back for warranty work, kingtech is providing that kind of engine. A great warranty on an engine that is continually back for warranty repairs is still a crappy engine.

I'm thrilled with what kingtech has accomplished and while I don't own one currently, I have owned one and have seen quite a few run consistently every time. And Barry, I will give you kudos for the way you run your business and the product you provide. Nicely done.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:40 AM
mario tavarez14
My Feedback: (37)

another powerfull engine in my composite arf eurosport kingtecht K-140G http://youtu.be/HJdkRIYzJ-0
Old 05-19-2013, 09:04 AM
dubd

Jeremy, I agree with you. I meant that Barry has gone above and beyond for me and others and with some mainstream products, it would be considered concierge service.

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

ORIGINAL: dubd

You can not pay for customer service like this. Barry and Kingtech deserve all the success they are getting because they work exceptionally hard to earn every dollar we give them.

Actually I slightly disagree with this statement Dantley. I believe we are paying for this service from every manufacture. We pay good money for these little engines and part of that is the promised service we should receive. The difference is guys like Barry realize that we, the customer, have paid for that service and he doesn't forget it. He treats his customers as they should be treated and nothing less. Barry is a nice guy no question, but further to that he is a smart business man. He is smart enough to see beyond the sale and continue to provide the service as advertised. This is how all companies should operate, but very few do. I am very happy that Barry remembers what he has sold to the customer, not just at the point of sale but afterwards. On top of that, you are paying less for this great service with kingtech than with many other brands. So do I feel that Barry is going above and beyond? Well, yes and no I suppose. What I do believe is that Barry understands how to be successful, and that is by having happy customers because you provide the service you advertise.

You know what impresses me about kingtech far more than threads like these? The lack of threads like these. I've said it before, I don't really care what the warranty is on an engine, I want the engine that doesn't need to go back for warranty work, kingtech is providing that kind of engine. A great warranty on an engine that is continually back for warranty repairs is still a crappy engine.

I'm thrilled with what kingtech has accomplished and while I don't own one currently, I have owned one and have seen quite a few run consistently every time. And Barry, I will give you kudos for the way you run your business and the product you provide. Nicely done.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:08 AM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

ORIGINAL: mario tavarez14

another powerfull engine in my composite arf eurosport kingtecht K-140G http://youtu.be/HJdkRIYzJ-0
Looks great Mario, glad you got it together already!
I have a K100G and a K140 and have had great service support from Barry and Dirk. Have no hesitation in recommending them to my friends.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:24 PM
mario tavarez14
My Feedback: (37)

[quote]ORIGINAL: smchale

ORIGINAL: mario tavarez14

Looks great Mario, glad you got it together already!
I have a K100G and a K140 and have had great service support from Barry and Dirk. Have no hesitation in recommending them to my friends.
Smchale i am so happy with this engine that my next engine will be a kingtech k180G for my big hawk and i love the price they have

Old 05-19-2013, 08:54 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What an honor and pleasure reading this thread in person after nearly a week on the road. My wife Michelle and I spontaneously took the kids to Wixom, Michigan on Monday to pick up our first RV - a 2013 Fleetwood 24D on Sprinter chassis in the color scheme we both liked. Our first stop was at Lake Erie, then unexpectedly visited Muncie IN and spent some wonderful time at the AMA, loved the 1950s hobby shop in the museum. We then spent time in Missouri (Meramec Caverns was awesome) and then headed down to Tulsa OK, thanks Ron for seeing us and taking us to dinner, who told us about this thread!

I wanted to thank all of your support and like to share credit with Dirk Flejter, without his late hours and sacrificing of many weekends, I could never get the job done, and of course the factory in Taiwan, to tolerate our demands and suggestions, and their endless hard work put in in R&D and productions. I must admit, without passion, it'd be difficult for us to make this work; and for that, I thank the entire jet community, regardless of what engine you fly, to provide a ground for such a pleasurable service. It truly has been a privilege and we intend to keep it up for a great many years to come.

Cheers,
Barry Hou

Last edited by blw; 05-30-2013 at 06:55 AM. Reason: testing
Old 05-19-2013, 09:03 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Congrats on the RV. Around here, we lovingly call our motorhomes, "road commodes"

Kingtech has earned all the accolades posted here with a great product and great service. Keep up the good work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.