Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Want a carry around flier

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Want a carry around flier

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 05:19 PM
James c harrell
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want a carry around flier

I am looking for a plane that I can tote around to fly when I travel but not so small I can't see the thing. Would love to get another typhoon but they don't make it any-more.I need something tough enough to survive being tossed in the trunk and other hanger rash that travel can cause. That it why I am thinking of a foamy. Really don't need a full out 3-D plane but want it to be able to do most aerobatic moves. Just something simple and tough and ready at a minute notce3. Don't want much do I?? Wish they made a foamy little stick! Any-way, I figured you all might have some favorites I could look at. Thanks
Old 05-18-2013, 02:55 AM
Rotten40851
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Want a carry around flier

Why not try a Great Planes Small Revolver. It's a pretty sturdy Airframe ( Foam Sheeted Wing in 2 peices) Very Strong , Not Too Big, and will Do Any manuver you like in a 40 size airframe. Ihad one and it flies great. I had a O.S. 55AX in it but any 40 size power plant would be fine. HTH, Rotten out!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:21 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Strykers are excellent for that. I'll recommend the "C" version instead of the "Q" version which has rudders. With the "C" version, you can remove the rudders for travel and the plane will only be about 2 inches thick. Strykers can handle any wind that you can stand up in, and even though they are built to go fast they slow down nicely as well.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:12 PM
aa2dd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how about a great planes electrick stick. flies great. dont have to carry fuel, the tail feathers remove with two bolts. all you have to carry is couple batteries and the tx. no nasty clean up, etc. great for a carry plane.

Bruce