Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

HENNTec Tiger 1 tensioner install

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HENNTec Tiger 1 tensioner install

Old 05-18-2013, 05:19 PM
torpedochief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HENNTec Tiger 1 tensioner install

How do I do this install. I have a bunch of parts but no instructions. I also need pictures of how to do it please if anyone can help.

Thanks

Don
Old 05-18-2013, 06:09 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: HENNTec Tiger 1 tensioner install

Sorry Don, I have never done one.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:15 PM
cleong

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

Don, try this link.

http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forum...p?f=195&t=9657
Old 05-18-2013, 07:20 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Hi Don

Here are the instructions in English, and I have emailed you the PDF file in German with photos.

Step 1. Remove the idler wheels and the two nearest road wheels on each side next to the idlers. Remove the hull rear plate.

Step 2. Using a cut off wheel or small saw, remove the stock Heng Long idler mount as per the photo.

Step 3: To determine the location of the new 13 mm hole needed to mount the HennTec idler system, use the HennTec idler arm provided in the kit. Put the mounting shaft of the idler arm in the existing Heng Long idler hole, rotate the idler arm up to exactly 12:00 o'clock, in other words straight up, mark the new hole location using the idler axle hole in the idler arm, and make a 13 mm hole in this position.

Step 4: Prepare the mount area inside the hull by removing part of the molded in ridge on both sides behind the idler mount system area as per the photo.

Step 5: Place the HennTec idler mount in the new hole and using the mounting flange as a template mark the hull for the two new holes needed to bolt the system to the hull. Drill the two 3 mm holes in each side and install the two mounts inside the hull, being careful to align them correctly. Install the two screws for each side from the outside using a washer under each screw head and a washer under each nut. Use blue loctite on the 4 nuts. Any excess screw length can be cut off as needed.

Step 6: Place the brass tube between the two mounts and carefully install the two idler arms from each side. The tube is cut to the correct length as delivered.

Step 7: Install the idler wheels to the new idler arms. Usually the idler wheel axle will have to be shortened by about 5 mm for correct fit in to the HennTec system.

Step 8: Washers are provided to go behind the idler wheels if they have to be adjusted out slightly for proper track alignment.

Step 9: Install the tracks and adjust for proper tension.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:53 AM
Triton-50

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Don

If you still need pic's I'll E mail you them in a little while as I fitted this to a HL Tiger 1 then didn't use the lower hull.

Stu
Old 05-19-2013, 02:06 PM
torpedochief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone I think I got it.

Don