Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Engines > Car Nitro & Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Wanted: picture of Benol not mixing with glow fuel for R/C cars.

Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Wanted: picture of Benol not mixing with glow fuel for R/C cars.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 06:46 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Wanted: picture of Benol not mixing with glow fuel for R/C cars.

Awhile back there was discussion about Benol not mixing with certain premixed fuels. I had seen a picture of the phenomena but the forums lovely search function works so superbly that I cannot locate the photo OR the discussion. If the owner of this photo would be so kind to share this photo once again, I would be grateful.

Thank you!

Edit: because I can't stand nit pickers, I changed the title of the thread to avoid any possible confusion as to what I'm asking. I tried to be as specific as I could. Read carefully.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:35 AM
Anthoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wanted: picture of Benol not mixing with glow fuel for R/C cars.

I can remember that thread...but maybe it has been removed?
Picture was a bowl of orange/red tinged fuel and some globules of some dark substance floating in it?
Old 05-19-2013, 10:32 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: Anthoop

Picture was a bowl of orange/red tinged fuel and some globules of some dark substance floating in it?
That's the one. I don't think it was removed; if anything it got out of hand and got locked. The fuel was said to be Odonnells and the oil added was Benol.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:03 PM
llkoolskillet

Since your thread title suggests you have figured out the issue, how much benol would you add to a gallon of odonnels race fuel 30%?
Old 05-19-2013, 03:10 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: llkoolskillet

Since your thread title suggests you have figured out the issue, how much benol would you add to a gallon of odonnels race fuel 30%?
Another member of the forum had asked about it and I remember the thread in the car section about it. I think that there might be some bad product getting around, OR it doesn't mix with methanol as well as they say. I've mixed SIG castor into several premixed fuels without issue. Sig castor is regular degummed castor.

I wouldn't add any oil to 30% fuel. You wouldn't want to drop the nitro below 28% or your engine might now tune for crap... Okay, I was being sarcastic. I mix my own fuel, so I don't bother adding oil to premix. If I did, it wouldn't be Benol.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Nitrovein

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

That's the one. I don't think it was removed; if anything it got out of hand and got locked. The fuel was said to be Odonnells and the oil added was Benol.
I have tried to add straight/pure castor to this fuel also and I got dark brown sludge and stains. We all have different expectations on the fuel, but this fuel is one that I don´t touch with a 10ft pole.
I have mixed BeNOL with a variety of oil without any problems, but I might have been lucky... To much color additive on the other hand can give a rough and unstable engine, at least that is what I have found.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:31 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

I use food coloring in my fuel. No idle problems for me, even at 5 drops per gallon.

I find it interesting it wouldn't take regular castor either.... Interesting.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Nitrovein

Airplane and sport engines are less picky with the fuel so if you don´t have any problems with to much color additive and like it, use it.

Not sure if it´s a bad thing to use castor in that fuel, but some kind of reaction does occur. As it´s more of a sport fuel anyway, most people might not notice any bad behavior from adding castor...
Old 05-20-2013, 03:46 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another member of the forum had asked about it and I remember the thread in the car section about it. I think that there might be some bad product getting around, OR it doesn't mix with methanol as well as they say. I've mixed SIG castor into several premixed fuels without issue. Sig castor is regular degummed castor.

I wouldn't add any oil to 30% fuel. You wouldn't want to drop the nitro below 28% or your engine might now tune for crap... Okay, I was being sarcastic. I mix my own fuel, so I don't bother adding oil to premix. If I did, it wouldn't be Benol.

I would like to see a video of your stuff running ...just so we can what page of the story you are on.........

adding contaminants to your fuel may be OK when running a TRX 2.5, but wont go to far when running a OS Speed......... I believe in buying a quality fuel to start, and I dont condone adding any contaminants to any fuel..... extra oil usually just causes engines to run hotter and lose throttle response.......
Old 05-20-2013, 05:25 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Changed post.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:30 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

And the story, as I remember, is Benol will not mix with Odonnels. The purpose of this thread was to find the picture a member here on RCU posted showing the Benol not mixing with the fuel. Thats all. If everyone read the first post of this thread, you would notice I wasn't asking the what why where when, etc. I was just asking for the picture, that is if the owner of that photo is willing to share it.

This is not a discussion of why to add or why not to add this or that to fuel. I don't care what you folks do with your fuel. That's your deal.

Edit: clarified threads purpose
Old 05-20-2013, 07:06 AM
supertib

And the story, as I remember, is Benol will not mix with Odonnels. The purpose of this thread was to find the picture a member here on RCU posted showing the Benol not mixing with the fuel. Thats all. If everyone read the first post of this thread, you would notice I wasn't asking the what why where when, etc. I was just asking for the picture, that is if the owner of that photo is willing to share it.

This is not a discussion of why to add or why not to add this or that to fuel. I don't care what you folks do with your fuel. That's your deal.

Edit: clarified threads purpose

Your the one being sarcastic about it in the first place
Old 05-20-2013, 07:20 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Neil - It's pretty hard to be serious about anything when people don't read the first post completely. In my first post, I was sarcastic about the forum's search function. Anyone who's anyone here knows it never works the way we'd like it to. I was admittedly sarcastic in the 5th post, yup... You got me on that one. But if everyone read the first post, we wouldn't be having this discussion that's not on the subject of the thread.

So... If noone can help with what the original post was about, don't bother replying to this thread anymore. I am probably better off to buy some supplies and try the experiment for myself.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The site search has been utterly tragic for years...try this (and bear in mind it works for any site )...

Go to google and type 'benol site:rcuniverse.com' the part 'site:[web address]' tells google to only search public pages in the specific site, and like I say, it works for any site. Can be really useful for refining results and has always been the only working alternative to our bloody awful search.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:01 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: Foxy

The site search has been utterly tragic for years...try this (and bear in mind it works for any site )...

Go to google and type 'benol site:rcuniverse.com' the part 'site:[web address]' tells google to only search public pages in the specific site, and like I say, it works for any site. Can be really useful for refining results and has always been the only working alternative to our bloody awful search.
Thank you Foxy. Something helpful came of this after all! I'll do some searching and see if I can find what I'm looking for. I didn't know there were shortcuts or tags for google.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:04 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Neil - It's pretty hard to be serious about anything when people don't read the first post completely. In my first post, I was sarcastic about the forum's search function. Anyone who's anyone here knows it never works the way we'd like it to. I was admittedly sarcastic in the 5th post, yup... You got me on that one. But if everyone read the first post, we wouldn't be having this discussion that's not on the subject of the thread.

So... If noone can help with what the original post was about, don't bother replying to this thread anymore. I am probably better off to buy some supplies and try the experiment for myself.
Actually your first post has nothing to do with your subject - that is what others are talking about. Chill and realize that you led people off track from what you really wanted to discuss.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For what its worth, google also has a phenomenal unit converter. Try this, go to google search and type 'convert 100 ounce inches to kilogram centimeters', it will give you an immediate answer on that and any other conversion provided you got the spelling (US spellings) and syntax right. Start with 'convert', then a number, then a unit, then 'to', and finally a new unit. It does get some abbreviations (lb for pounds for example), but not all, so I've starting just typing the unit fully each time, it saves having to try twice, it's never failed since I started doing that.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Anthoop

Thank you Foxy. Something helpful came of this after all! I'll do some searching and see if I can find what I'm looking for. I didn't know there were shortcuts or tags for google.
I still can not find it even using Foxy's tips....post a link if you do find it, please.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:08 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

ORIGINAL: rgburrill

Actually your first post has nothing to do with your subject - that is what others are talking about. Chill and realize that you led people off track from what you really wanted to discuss.
The point is there wasn't supposed to be much discussion. I was just asking for a picture.

I still can not find it even using Foxy's tips....post a link if you do find it, please.
My initial search didn't yield any pertinent results either, I'll do more looking when I'm at my computer.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:40 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Here's the thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11246120/tm.htm
Old 05-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Anthoop

Ahah...good find...thanks.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:49 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

I got an email back from Klotz about the Benol not mixing with OD Speed 30%, but they didn't give any explanation but rather asked for a picture of the Benol bottle in question, the name of the place that sold it, and if there's some left to send 4oz to Klotz to test. So... I think it was llkoolskillet that had this phenomena happen to him... Got that oil bottle laying around still?

Old 05-21-2013, 06:54 PM
llkoolskillet

Haha man I knew you had something up your sleeve when you asked for this picture. yes I have a whole bottle of the klotz minus the tiny amount out of it sitting in the garage
Old 05-21-2013, 09:26 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Haha man I knew you had something up your sleeve when you asked for this picture. yes I have a whole bottle of the klotz minus the tiny amount out of it sitting in the garage
It's bugged me since I saw the picture you posted. I want to debunk Benol once and for all. If you sent a picture of the bottle and the 4oz sample they asked for, I'd deal with the correspondence. I mentioned the discussion about it here on RCU, I can't imagine they want the bad PR from a forum this big... PM me if you're up to helping me out. I have nothing to offer but an answer to the "why?" Question.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:13 AM
supertib

Low grade oil that wont mix with low grade fuel ! who cares LOL !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.