Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Early RC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 03:28 AM
rrengineer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Early RC?

What happened to the Early RC web site? You just get a blank page that say "This page has moved".
Old 05-20-2013, 03:40 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Early RC?

The company got sold a few years back.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:05 AM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Well guys, it appears that Dan has closed the business both Early RC and Wing Mfg. Not sure what happen as I've not heard from Dan in some time. Dan was a great guy so I hope all is well there. As of now I do not plan to get back in the kit business. If there are any questions on building the Early RC kits or such just let me know and I will try to answer your questions. Hate to see it go as I put many hours into building that business but sometimes things happen out of our control.

Bob Harris
Old 05-20-2013, 04:16 AM
rrengineer
My Feedback: (3)

Bob,
Good to hear from you. I still have several unbuilt Early kits. So many kits, so little time. I retire in less than 4 years and plan to build, build, build with my new found time. Many of the kits you produced can be reproduced at Lazer Works. Eddie will cut a short kit from any plans you provide. Having you answer questions is a valuable resource. Wish I lived in your part of the country. Would love to attend some of the vintage meets you guys attend.
Mike MacLean
Old 05-20-2013, 04:52 AM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Yep, Eddie cuts the Sr Skylark short kit for me when Dan did not want to do it. I still prefer supplying the complete kit as good balsa sources are hard to come by. Supplying the complete kit with all the balsa is key I believe. Anyway, glad you like the kits. Maybe someone will pick up the line again!!

Bob Harris
Old 05-20-2013, 06:29 AM
iflyj3
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: rrengineer

Bob,
Good to hear from you. I still have several unbuilt Early kits. So many kits, so little time. I retire in less than 4 years and plan to build, build, build with my new found time. Many of the kits you produced can be reproduced at Lazer Works. Eddie will cut a short kit from any plans you provide. Having you answer questions is a valuable resource. Wish I lived in your part of the country. Would love to attend some of the vintage meets you guys attend.
Mike MacLean
Start a Vintage meet in CA. There is one up in Oregon IIRC. CA is a long state with a lot of people. You could have at least three fly ins in its length.