Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Setup Problem With JR G370A Gyro

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:28 PM
chuck l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setup Problem With JR G370A Gyro

I’m trying to use a G370A gyro on the rudder of a plane and need some help. The rudder is extremely sensitive using the gyro even though the expo is set to 65%. Without the gyro physically connected, the rudder expo works. The expo has to be set above 80% to see any effect when the stick is moved. Dual rates don’t work at all. JRX9303 radio, Hitec 7955 servo, and a Spektrum AR7610 seven channel receiver. The gear switch controls the gyro gain with settings of 100% (off) and 30% (On). The travel adjust for the rudder channel are set at 150%. Any help would be appreciated.

Chuck
Old 05-20-2013, 02:34 PM
GR7Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Setup Problem With JR G370A Gyro

I think your problems relate to the travel adjust values for rudder in your TX.

As a starting point, put travel adjust on your TX back to 100%. Do the same for Dual Rates on the rudder channel. Then, turn the travel adjust potentiometer on the Gyro all the way up. (Clockwise rotation). Now, go to travel adjust in your TX for rudder. Deflect the rudder stick all the way in one direction and hold it there. While holding it, decrease the rudder travel on the TX until you see the rudder on the airplane start to move back towards center. You want the TX travel adjust value to get the rudder to its full deflection, but no more. It will probably end up being a pretty low value in the TX....30-50% is a guess.

Do that for both directions of travel. Now set up some dual rates with travel below 100%. They should work normally. Same goes for expo... that should work normally now too.

Hope that helps,
KennyMac
Old 05-20-2013, 05:24 PM
chuck l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Setup Problem With JR G370A Gyro

Kennymac,

I will give that a try next week when we get back from visiting our kids. I had used the 150% because that is what the instructions said.

Chuck