Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR Receivers and Futaba Servos...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 07:16 AM
Foxbat711
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR Receivers and Futaba Servos...

Can I use Futaba servos with JR Receivers? Thanks for any help.....
Old 05-21-2013, 07:29 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR Receivers and Futaba Servos...

Yep. You have to trim off the the little Futaba alignment tab on the connector, might have to bevel the edges of the connector a bit, and make sure you plug them in with the right polarity.

The brown wire in the JR harness is the ground, same as the black in the Futaba wiring.

I have quite a few Futaba servos in use with JR receivers.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:38 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR Receivers and Futaba Servos...

ORIGINAL: Foxbat711

Can I use Futaba servos with JR Receivers? Thanks for any help.....
In general, you can use most Futaba servos with JR/Spektrum. The Futaba servos have a Polarity Fin that must be shaved off so the Futaba connector will fit in the JR/Spektrum female connector. Sometimes, you also have bevel the edges of the Futaba connector. The Futaba female connector will accept the JR/Spektrum male connector. Sometimes, I use MPI universal 3" extensions, to avoid trimming the Futaba connector. I have used combinations of JR and Futaba servos in the same aircraft.

JR/Spektrum male connectors have beveled edges on one side to ensure correct polarity. They are more like Hitec male connectors.