Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage flux pinion won't stay put - fix?

Old 05-22-2013, 04:00 PM
Mysterious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage flux pinion won't stay put - fix?

Hi everyone, I have a savage flux and every time I drive it, or every other time, the pinion seems to slip loose and gear stop meshing. I have tried blue Loctite & I've been cranking down the little setscrew pretty darn tight. It's a brand-new pinion so I know it's not worn. But the thing keeps slipping loose and losing it's mesh. Does anyone have a solution on how to get it To stay in place for a long time?
Old 05-24-2013, 03:29 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Savage flux pinion won't stay put - fix?

Lightly sand the end of the motor shaft where the pinion and set screw ride, and that will give it a rough surface to "adhere" to. Think of it this way, if you were to take a bolt, and drag it across a flat smooth surface, and then a rough surface, which would have more drag? The rough surface. This should fix it.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Mysterious

Default RE: Savage flux pinion won't stay put - fix?

I'll give that a try, thx