Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Engines > Car Nitro & Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Wanted: picture of Benol not mixing with glow fuel for R/C cars.

Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Wanted: picture of Benol not mixing with glow fuel for R/C cars.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 12:52 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wanted: picture of Benol not mixing with glow fuel for R/C cars.

before anyone gets mad at me ..... I am just joking around......

However I am curious as to why the OP is concerned about the Benol not mixing ? Are you planning to mix Benol into OD fuel ? or are you just curious to see if is indeed a repeatable result ?
Old 05-22-2013, 01:17 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

ORIGINAL: supertib

before anyone gets mad at me ..... I am just joking around......

However I am curious as to why the OP is concerned about the Benol not mixing ? Are you planning to mix Benol into OD fuel ? or are you just curious to see if is indeed a repeatable result ?
Because I have a few gas engines that I want to use it in, but the fuel will be a gasoline/methanol mix. (Gas/glow conversion) Regular castor will mix with gasoline but it takes a week (literally) for it to stay mixed. Benol is supposed to mix with methanol OR gasoline and would take less than a week to stay in suspension.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Nitrovein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have noticed that BeNOL can vary in color from batch to batch, sometimes orange-red sometime bright red. The orange color runs crisper.

Most people I have talked to have recommended not to mix more gas/castor then what you use in a week.
Gas supposedly breaks down the castor oil, but I donĀ“t know if that has been tested in a controlled environment...
Old 05-24-2013, 02:42 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Nitrovein

I have noticed that BeNOL can vary in color from batch to batch, sometimes orange-red sometime bright red. The orange color runs crisper.

Most people I have talked to have recommended not to mix more gas/castor then what you use in a week.
Gas supposedly breaks down the castor oil, but I donĀ“t know if that has been tested in a controlled environment...

that sounds skeezy to me...... 2 different colors and one runs better then the other..............that does not sound like anything I want to be adding to my fuel...........

Old 05-24-2013, 03:43 AM
Nitrovein

ORIGINAL: supertib

that sounds skeezy to me...... 2 different colors and one runs better then the other..............that does not sound like anything I want to be adding to my fuel...........

IĀ“m not sure why, but there is a difference... It might be that the bright red one has more color added and thatĀ“s why it runs less crisp.
If it wasn't for the visibility when checking fuel level, I wouldn't use any color at all in the fuel.

I took a picture, but this phenomenal site donĀ“t let me upload it right now... Will try again later!
Old 05-25-2013, 03:56 AM
Nitrovein

Finally it worked!
[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69008.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	1885312  
Old 05-25-2013, 04:47 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Finally it worked!
That's the bottles the Benol came in? My local shops that carry Benol have it in black plastic bottles like what automotive engine oil comes in, and a full label on the bottle too.

My SIG castor looks like the bottle on the left, a light honey color. It is always the same color and viscosity.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:14 AM
Nitrovein

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

Finally it worked!
That's the bottles the Benol came in? My local shops that carry Benol have it in black plastic bottles like what automotive engine oil comes in, and a full label on the bottle too.

My SIG castor looks like the bottle on the left, a light honey color. It is always the same color and viscosity.
No, thatĀ“s mixed fuel..! BeNOL comes in the same bottles here as in US.