Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Radio for a Revolt 30

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Radio for a Revolt 30

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 01:13 PM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio for a Revolt 30

Picked up my first boat, the Revolt 30 rxr, and am mulling through the various radio options. I really like the idea of the DX3S with the telemetry but with the marine RX there is no telemetry. So I am looking at all options. I am slightly leaning towards the Futaba 3PL. Are the Futaba rx's good for boats or is there a marine option? Any other recomendations?

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:58 AM
NobodyFamous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio for a Revolt 30

I use a Trurnigy GTX3 and quite like it - the problem though is they are always on back order.  You can get different versions from other places, they are less then $40.00.  I also just recently modded it and put a 3s LIFePo4 in it. (just changed a connector, and removed the "AA" holder.

It has worked pretty good for me.

If I had more money I was looking at the Airtronics MT4, it looks like a good option and has telemetry.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Got RPM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Radio for a Revolt 30

Actually, the telemetry feature is not as useful as many think. I've tried it in a couple boats with my DX3R PRO and to be frank I almost never looked at the screen when running. It may have some usefulness to monitor pack voltage, but using the transmitter's timer with alarm is probably a better option. I used the non-marine receiver for the telemetry and had no problems, but I've gone back to the MR3000 receivers in all my boats - they are bulletproof.