Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Wanted Jet Mach 60

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Wanted Jet Mach 60

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 10:50 AM
rfrantz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted Jet Mach 60

Calling all cars: wanted Jet Mach 60 less turbine.

Gentlemen I am in need of a replacement for my recently departed Jet Mach 60 which met it's untimely demise at FiF.
I will not have time to build another one before Hamburg rolls around. If you have one or know of one possibly for sale please respond.

Finished or partially built, cover ready would be great. I'll consider RTF if the price is reasonable.

Thanks
Bob frantz
Old 05-25-2013, 11:19 AM
jetsett
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Wanted Jet Mach 60

Pm sent

Old 05-31-2013, 11:37 AM
rfrantz

Wow it must be a good plane. I would have thought more pilots would be eager to sell off a trainer type plane. How about Limey Bob's buddies down there in Texas, got one you'll part with?
Old 05-31-2013, 01:25 PM
Chris Smith
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob,
Sorry you lost the Jetmach. This may be a great chance to try another trainer. There are a number of great ones made of wood, with plastic covering that fly as easy or even better. Unless a pilot is truly ham-fisted or very new to RC flight, a transition to something different could be a blessing in disguise. Doesn't have to cost that much more either.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:07 PM
rfrantz

Chris,
My biggest hurdle is time, I travel for work most summer weekends so building a replacement in time for my friends and mine next scheduled jet outing is doubtful. I have a Reaction 54 but it came in a little on the heavy side so I was looking forward to lighter plane to practice and qualify for my waiver. The Jetmach was almost 10lbs. lighter then the Reaction. Unfortunately I never got a chance to feel the difference since the Jetmach only lasted about 45 seconds into it's maiden flight. As far as I and a few knowledgable folks at FiF. could figure out from the recovered parts is that the nose wheel servo shorted out and took down the receiver power buss causing loss of control. The nose wheel channel negative pin on the receiver suffered arching and the positive pin's solder joint to the pc board melted away allowing the pin to come out with the servo connector.

I checked into the Shok Jet from Troy Built but they won't be available until late August.. I would defiantly consider a different plane if it were to become available. I would prefer the Jetmach based mostly on familularity.

Thanks for the input.
Bob
PS I wonder if I could stir up another FEJ style bashing if I listed the servo manufacturer?
Old 05-31-2013, 06:27 PM
edwarda10pilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob:

Might try sending Bob Leserve at Laser-Design-Services.com an e-mail and see if he has one or knows someone who has one available. Some have criticized the Jet Mach (ugly, no retracts, too simple, etc.) but I have a Jet Mach 60 and I really like it. It flies very well for someone that is new to turbines (not jets or RC flying). I find it very forgiving and it is exactly what I wanted in an entry level turbine trainer. I am sure other models fly very well but I am hapy with mine.

Ed
Old 05-31-2013, 07:41 PM
rfrantz

Ed,
My biggest hope for the Jetmach was I could fly it at my club field.. We have 300 feet of asphalt and 500 feet of grass so it should have been a perfect match. I did call Bob at LDS but everyone he knows with one shares your opinion and is not willing to part with it. I'll probably have to face the facts and start building a replacement ASAP. And as far as anybody who would criticize it I still have my Sr. Falcon I built in 1982 and I still get a kick outta flying it. I have a big foam Skyraider ARF that is much more complicated with flaps,retracts sequential gear doors, speed brakes and lighting. So ask me which one I'm more proud of. Lol.

Bob
Old 05-31-2013, 08:08 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Bob,

Its not a Jet Mach, but I have a good-looking Turbinator for sale in the ads right now. I'd be willing to sell it without a turbine...

Bob
Old 06-01-2013, 07:11 AM
rfrantz

Bob,
That's got to be the best looking Turbinator I've seen, really nice work. I wouldn't insult you by offering what I'm looking to spend. It would be an injustice for me to chance tearing up such a nice plane learning. Thanks for the response and good luck with the sale.

Bob
Old 06-01-2013, 07:33 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: rfrantz

Bob,
That's got to be the best looking Turbinator I've seen, really nice work. I wouldn't insult you by offering what I'm looking to spend. It would be an injustice for me to chance tearing up such a nice plane learning. Thanks for the response and good luck with the sale.

Bob
Bob,

Thanks. I figure that it was probably more than you were looking to spend, but I couldn't resist the opportunity for a bit of free "forum featuring"

Sorry to hear about your Jetmach and good luck in your search.

Bob