Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen Tanks

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 06:44 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Taigen Tanks

Features update:  it DOES have a plug for the tail lights.  It's in the lower right corner with the smoker plugs.  This is good for tanks where the tail light is part of the lower hull rather than the upper hull.

Configuration question:

Where do you solder the antenna wire to the Taigen 2.4 GHz control board?  Pics please.  It doesn't show this on the instructions.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:17 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey everyone! I got a picture for you guys

The bossman and myself went to The Armed Forces Military Museum in Largo, Florida looking at some tanks, taking measurements, and pictures. I just wanted to show you guys a quick picture.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:30 AM
Green Amphibian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did someone wash that one on the fender in hot water so that it shrank? Good looking picture.

Herman
Old 05-22-2013, 06:52 AM
gyrate

More of the same old..

any conquerors, any IS series? is6/is7 etc? yes mostly prototypes but some of the coolest tanks of the era.

tired of tigers and shermans.

since nobody cares for modern armor, you might as well diverse the ww2 line. but nah
Old 05-22-2013, 07:13 AM
Baron Fel

ORIGINAL: philipat

Features update: it DOES have a plug for the tail lights. It's in the lower right corner with the smoker plugs. This is good for tanks where the tail light is part of the lower hull rather than the upper hull.

Configuration question:

Where do you solder the antenna wire to the Taigen 2.4 GHz control board? Pics please. It doesn't show this on the instructions.

It dose not need one. It is on the board already.

Baron

Old 05-22-2013, 12:26 PM
philipat

ORIGINAL: Baron Fel

Features update: it DOES have a plug for the tail lights. It's in the lower right corner with the smoker plugs. This is good for tanks where the tail light is part of the lower hull rather than the upper hull.

Configuration question:

Where do you solder the antenna wire to the Taigen 2.4 GHz control board? Pics please. It doesn't show this on the instructions.

It dose not need one. It is on the board already.

Baron
Okay...thanks. Guess I'm used to needing an external antenna hooked to a board.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:36 PM
White Tiger88

Leopard 1? I WANT IT! Can't wait to see this kit man!

ORIGINAL: Imex-Erik

Hey everyone! I got a picture for you guys

The bossman and myself went to The Armed Forces Military Museum in Largo, Florida looking at some tanks, taking measurements, and pictures. I just wanted to show you guys a quick picture.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:43 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Hi White Tiger
Leopard 1? Not sure where that came from - the pic is an M41, most likely mid construction.

Hi Imex-Erik
Does that mean you've measured up the M41 with a view to making some improvements to the HL model?

Mal
Old 05-22-2013, 02:50 PM
White Tiger88

No Glasses on lol, I just saw the end of the turret......

ORIGINAL: afv aficionado

Hi White Tiger
Leopard 1? Not sure where that came from - the pic is an M41, most likely mid construction.

Hi Imex-Erik
Does that mean you've measured up the M41 with a view to making some improvements to the HL model?

Mal
Old 05-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Imex-Erik

maaaaaaybe....

ORIGINAL: afv aficionado

Hi White Tiger

Hi Imex-Erik

Mal
Old 05-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I would purchase an improved M41 tank... kit or RTR.

~ Jeff
Old 05-23-2013, 12:18 PM
philipat

ORIGINAL: Panther F

~ Jeff
ditto

Question for anyone that has used the Taigen 2.4 GHz system...

I bought the 2.4 GHz upgrade package (controller, board, and speaker) and installed them. However, they won't stay bound. It seems that everytime I turn them off, I have to re-bind the Tx and the Rx on the tank before I can use it. Is there a shut-down process that I'm messing up that causes it to lose its "binding"? TIA

Old 05-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Imex-Erik

Before shutting down, make sure to flip your left trigger away from you (forward) to turn the tank engine off, then you may turn off the remote and tank.

~ Jeff
ditto

I bought the 2.4 GHz upgrade package (controller, board, and speaker) and installed them. However, they won't stay bound. It seems that everytime I turn them off, I have to re-bind the Tx and the Rx on the tank before I can use it. Is there a shut-down process that I'm messing up that causes it to lose its "binding"? TIA

Old 05-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Circus Lion

Hi tankers,

I'm new to this forum, i have 2 Taigen tanks (KV-1 and a the King Tiger). If you guys can help me out with this issue with the King Tiger.
When i run the tank (King Tiger) the pins on the left side go off...Should i add another link to this side or else.

Thanks for your answers.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:19 AM
philipat

Thanks. Does it matter which you turn off first - remote or tank?

ORIGINAL: Imex-Erik

Before shutting down, make sure to flip your left trigger away from you (forward) to turn the tank engine off, then you may turn off the remote and tank.

~ Jeff
ditto

Old 05-24-2013, 04:21 AM
philipat

Sounds normal if you have plastic tracks. Try putting a little glue on the ends or putting the tracks so that the pins go in from the inside of the tracks rather than the outside.

ORIGINAL: Circus Lion

Hi tankers,

I'm new to this forum, i have 2 Taigen tanks (KV-1 and a the King Tiger). If you guys can help me out with this issue with the King Tiger.
When i run the tank (King Tiger) the pins on the left side go off...Should i add another link to this side or else.

Thanks for your answers.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Imex-Erik

Ok to Philipat; use the controller to shut down the tank first, then you may turn off the tank using the switch.
To Circus Lion: follow Philipat's advice by trying to put the pin in from the opposite side. Does just one pin fall out from the same spot or do multiple pins fall out randomly?

Stop by and see our booth at the Radio Control Expo in Long Beach, California! We will have most if not all tanks on display for you tankers to come check out. I'll be there myself as well probably having tank battles and selling tanks. Here is the link to the expo:http://www.rcx.com/
Old 05-24-2013, 04:39 PM
philipat

I'll try that...thanks.

I went to that expo a few years ago when I was living in CA.  Good show and the club from AZ came over and setup...very cool.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:52 AM
MrQweeksdraw

Imex-Erik, can you tell me which shade of green paint is used on the "HC Series" Russian KV-1? I want to do some additions and touch-up to mineand it would be nice to save some trial and error! Thanks.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Baron Fel

I can help you with that as we are painting one in the store now, I have found thatModel AirbyVallejo paint works well. Use 71014 and mix in just a little 71047 and you will have it.

Tony Oglesby<o></o>

Manager<o></o>

Big Boy Toys Airsoft<o></o>

3720-A Battleground Ave<o></o>

Greensboro NC 27410<o></o>

work: 336-617-6765 Cell: 704-787-2367<o></o>

ORIGINAL: MrQweek****w

Imex-Erik, can you tell me which shade of green paint is used on the "HC Series" Russian KV-1? I want to do some additions and touch-up to mineand it would be nice to save some trial and error! Thanks.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:44 PM
MrQweeksdraw

Ah! Much appreciated. Megahobby had both colors that you suggested, and I threw in a bottle of #71017 Russian Green for good measure.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Baron Fel

glad to help.

Tony
Old 05-31-2013, 01:55 AM
rctoys4all

You will find a metal Tiagen late model Tiger NIB Saturday on ebay. IR so you will a friend to really enjoy this baby! Same name as log in only have 1 till next week. Ship free too.
Steve
Old 05-31-2013, 05:44 AM
STO_118

Glad to see TaiGen getting some exposure in the US and Canada.

Shame you don't seem to know the products you are distributing, blame TaiGen for providing bad information and release photographs you probably shouldn't. TaiGen have had no issue differentiating between the steel geared boxes and the softer zinc based boxes. They have different part numbers for a start.

Gyrate you have been playing WoT's too much. I much prefer my M103, would make a nice 1/16 model I believe. I am pushing for modern tanks, I believe Heng Long are moving into that market as well. But as mentioned previously the more choices you have isn't always a good thing since the market itself is quite small and not everyone will be able to afford multiple tanks. Even if they are the cheaper ones.

The TaiGen and Torro tanks that are priced higher tend to have a fairly reasonable specification. The majority of the tanks listed are priced the same as their Heng Long counterparts. The Panzer III in particular looks good in the flesh so to speak.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:00 AM
jrowe

Hello all i am new to the tank world i have a taigen king tiger that at first worked great although it would seem to need stronger motors as it is very heavy and struggles in dirt and low grass my more immediate problem however is i removed the hull of the tank to modify the battery box a bit and unplugged three wires when i plugged them back in i lost airsoft and the cannon barrel elivates up and down continuously intil i unplug it. i bought a new reciver thinking that was the problem but it did the same thing any help would be great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.