Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes
Reload this Page >

AUTOGYRO FUNFLY IN ST. LOUIS JUNE 1st and 2nd 2013

Community
Search
Notices
Events, Shows and Fun Flys - Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

AUTOGYRO FUNFLY IN ST. LOUIS JUNE 1st and 2nd 2013

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 11:20 AM
jodini
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUTOGYRO FUNFLY IN ST. LOUIS JUNE 1st and 2nd 2013

Those Magnificent Men and their flying machines will be in St. Louis this year at the Spirit of St. Louis RC Flying Field on June 1st and 2nd 2013
www.spiritsofstl.com

This event has taken place at many locations and this year we wanted to spread the love to St. Louis....easy to get to, right in the middle of the USA!

With all these Durafly Auto-Gs out there and the increase of sales for both Flying Balsa and Whirlybird Aviation we are hoping this to be the largest event ever for the autogyros!

So far the dealers that will be coming:
www.flyingbalsa.com
www.aerobalsa.com
www.whirlybirdaviation.com
And possibly more!

Flight demonstrations will take place June 1st from 11-12pm. Dealers will sell their items through out the weekend. This is a funfly, SO ALL ARE WELCOMED TO FLY AND JOIN US!

For more information email me:
[email protected]
Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 PM
jodini

Default RE: AUTOGYRO FUNFLY IN ST. LOUIS JUNE 1st and 2nd 2013

FLYER ATTACHED! Feel free to print these out and put it in your calender or your local hobby store!
Thanks,
Joe
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ay73837.pdf (189.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-03-2013, 11:39 AM
jodini

Hey...we even made Quiet and Electric Flight Magazine in the UK! See attached....3rd page.

Well we are still preparing for the funfly. I've gotten a few emails on where to stay and this is what I've told folks:
"The Spirits� field is ~12 acres of fun surrounded by farm fields and blue skies. Our amenities include a 600� asphalt runway, paved taxiways, a 24� x 36� pavilion with ceiling fans, run-up tables, picnic tables, helipad, electricity along the flight line, gravel parking lot and restroom. The grass is commercially mowed to a height suitable for most planes. From micro to GIANT scale; airplane, helicopter, control line or sailplane, electric, nitro or gas, Spirits of St. Louis R/C Flying Club, Inc. is the Best Flying Site in the area.

The Spirits flying field is located at 73 Amrein Road, St. Charles, MO 63303 Lat. 38.702006, Long. -90.577898

On hotels there is a lot in St. Peters and St. Charles...some are $55.00 a night and then they go up. Just do a search on that address and a bunch pop up. Red Roof Inn in St. Charles is the cheapest. Super 8 in St. Charles would be another good pick.....only 9 miles away."

Getting excited! See you guys there!"
Joe
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Fd91206.pdf (1.75 MB, 5 views)
Old 04-09-2013, 06:11 AM
jodini

Now we are official! AMA posted us on their calender!
http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/...=6%2f30%2f2013

See ya autogyro guys and everyone else there![8D]
Old 05-19-2013, 08:02 AM
jodini

Getting excited!

I fired up 3 of my Whoppers...all of them flying perfectly and ready to bring out!
PCA-2 is ready!
Profile Kellet is ready!
PT 1/2 A is ready
Scamp (rascal with autogyro conversion) is ready!
And my Twirl is dusty...but always ready!
Auto-G (still in box)..ready for someone to buy if they want a quick fix!

I'll grab a few plans and kits too. Remember, if you guys come out...I will sell the PCA-2 kits for $100.00 and I only have a few left.

Jim, Mark, John, Don (skydanz) are all ready and Gary Pyles in St. Louis is promoting away! We have from 11am - 1pm to put on a good show guys and then the rest is open flying (which really doesn't bother me too much). It's going to be a good time and hopefully a big crowd. I know a bunch of guys from Illinois are coming in and a few down south (other than Mark and John)!

I'm hoping to get there by Friday by 4pm to set up camp. I know guys want to check out the local hobbystores. The two I want to check out is Shaefers and Mark Twain Hobby (links below).
http://www.schaeferhobby.com/
http://www.hobby1.com/

So plug this into your GPS:
73 Amrein Road, St. Charles, MO 63303 Lat. 38.702006, Long. -90.577898

And we will see you guys soon!
Joe
Old 05-25-2013, 07:26 PM
jodini

One week to go!
Just ordered some plans....selling them for dirt cheap! Also the Scamp, Profile Kellet, Durafly Auto-G, PCA-2 kits, Whoppers.....all for sale! The PCA-2 kits are normally $160.00 and I'm selling them at the funfly for $100.00....4 left and when they are gone they are gone! Not making anymore after this week. After this event, Whirlybird Aviation is closing their doors so we will not be selling anymore kits or plans after July 31st.

So come on out guys! Low winds (under 15 mph....perfect), so I'll have my buddy box all hooked up. Bring out a plane, show me you know how to use your left stick and you can fly my autogyros!

See you June 1st (I'll be their this Friday...so come out early if you want)!
Joe
Old 05-29-2013, 03:23 AM
jodini

Just a few more days left! Hope everyone is packed and ready to come out! I have to figure out how I'm going to get all this in my van...again!

Spirits of St. Louis RC flying field is ready for us....nice flyer guys!
http://spiritsofstl.com/Events/Event...-Gyro-8x11.jpg

See you guys Friday night!
Joe