Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

servo screws

Old 05-25-2013, 06:12 AM
joseph1266
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo screws

hi guys, i have two ace ds1213 servos. i have been to all local hardware stores and cannot find screws for them. the only place that seems to sell them (tower) wants 19.00 plus shipping for them. they come with arms and such. package deal. does anyone know a less expensive route for two screws? the servos came in a "ready to fly plane" not so much. if some one knows where to get them or even has a couple, it would be appreciated.

thanks
joe
Old 05-25-2013, 06:34 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: servo screws

If you are referring to the machine screw that holds the arms onto the spline then any "real" hardware store should have them and they are probably metric. A hobby shop should have them also as some other servo make should fit. If you are looking for the ball screw then it looks like they sell them in pairs AQ1425....not sure who carries them.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/ace/acem8126-manual.pdf
Old 05-25-2013, 07:15 AM
joseph1266

brian, as my previous post described i can't find them in my local hardware store. a lot of people think you can just go to your local stores(hobby or hardware ). i live in a very small town in arkansas. these things are not readily available to me. anybody else?

thanks
joe
Old 05-25-2013, 07:50 AM
Yank II

Here they are!

http://rtlfasteners.com/RC/d.html

http://www.microfasteners.com/self-t...al-screws.html

I have never found these in a local hardware store.

If you mean the screw that holds the servo arm on, that is different animal.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:06 AM
joseph1266

i am sorry guys, i do mean the servo arm screws. the arms that i have, have a recessed bushing in them. i ordered some from my locale fastenal store but they can't seem to get them. so my quest goes on. any and all help greatly appreciated.

thanks
joe

Old 05-25-2013, 08:47 AM
Walther
My Feedback: (1)

Try this http://www.servocity.com/html/servo_..._hardware.html
Old 05-25-2013, 09:28 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

You need to determine what thread type/pitch is required . You can do that by going to a hardware store and trying different bolts until you get one to thread in or trying some from your parts bins/piles. It doesn't have to be the exact same head style. I've used capheads with a washer on some servos where I've lost the machine screw. If you don't have any hardware stores then try a bolt from another servo. Futaba arms are supposed to fit ACE servos so you could try a Futaba machine screw. If not then you can email ACE RC and give them the part number from my earlier post and buy them.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:01 PM
WacoOne
My Feedback: (3)

It depends on what the servo arm shaft is made of. The servos with plastic output shafts generally use a screw with sheet metal type threads. The ones with metal gears/shafts use machine screws. Futaba servos use 2.5mm on the metal gear/shaft.

Bill
Old 05-26-2013, 05:52 PM
joseph1266

look guys i don't know how else to explain this. i have ace ds1213 servos.the arms have some kind of bushing in them. i am having a hard time with both. you have all been really cool with your responses, howeverit sounds to me likemi need a complete change. old freind spraytec help me out. maybe you can give a better explanation thani have yet given.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:51 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Joseph266

Are you talking about the ball top allen socket screw that holds the arm's to the servo? a picture would be nice \. baring that as posted previously find the dia.thread and pitch, then a matching screw with any head and a washer should work.

I am not sure with your location but once you have the information give fastnell inc a call or go to microfastner as sugested

cheers Bob T
Old 05-26-2013, 07:46 PM
joseph1266

hey everyone, i don't know how to make this any clearer. ace ds1213 servo, arm has a recessed bushing. servo arm screw looks like a wood screw. flat on top and triangular towards the thread. i do not know how else to explain. i thank you all, please keep em coming. we will all get it together. i never thought it go this far. by the way fastenal has jerked me for over a week.