Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

cn ctr 5.0 rtr nitro sedan ????

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

cn ctr 5.0 rtr nitro sedan ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 08:09 AM
big boater
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cn ctr 5.0 rtr nitro sedan ????

hi guys,
im looking for a fast car and came across the cen ctr 5.0 car.
is this car any good ??
how is it getting parts for it??

also been looking at the ofna 1/7 dm-1 pro sedan m-clk rtr.

right now I have a hpi rs4-2 and getting its in the mail a tc3 nitro with the one speed. I ordered the 2speed for it.

plus a have a savage x that im totally redoing.

but anyway what do you think of the ctr 5.0 car ??
Old 05-29-2013, 10:18 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: cn ctr 5.0 rtr nitro sedan ????

I had one for a while.. It was a fast car that handled fairly well.. Parts availability is OK, not great you just have to get lucky on certain things. The engine when it is tuned correctly actually runs quite well. While not as good as some of the OS or Italian Race engines, it will still give you plenty of speed. I have a couple of other nitro touring cars and can give you some kind of a comparison. Against the RS4 it will smoke it easily and outhandle it as well if set up well.. I don't have any info on the OFNA as I don't own one. The TC3 depending on what engine you run will handle better than the Cen but I doubt it will outrun it. Lastly I would dare to compare this car with my Traxxas Nitro 4tec 3.3. They are very similar in speed with the edge going to the 4tec only due to the gearing in the Cen. You need too much track to hit anything close to top end. The Traxxas is just too quick off the line and reaches top speed very quickly.. almost too quickly. handling is the Traxxas's achilles heel. The Cen will handle better even when not set up correctly. You can get the Traxxas to handle OK, but with the overpowered motor and misplaced weight distribution it will never be great.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:25 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally love CEN Racing's Products!! I have several and every single one of them have been a blast and durable as hell! I used to call my Genesis and Nemesis the Savage killers because everytime I went oout with other friends who had savages or Summits or even t-maxx's they alway wetn home broke but not my CEN monster trucks.

I actually sold all of my other monster trucks except the CEN stuff. Well, thats not entirely true I still have my t-maxx but thats because a friend said he wanted to buy it but still has not.

As for the CTR 5.0 you will need some high speed skill because that bad boy is a screamer!! I mean it flat out cooks!! And parts are easy to get if you order directly from CEN's retail website found at www.cenracingdirect.com scroll down to the interactive parts ordering system, which is pretty cool in itself. You click on the model your looking for parts on then a big exploded veiw of your model platform pops up then you find the part your looking for and click on the part number next to the part and link takes you to the product page of the that part on CEN's retail website to make your purchase, tis that easy!! And from what I understand CEN carries 95% of all the parts for ALL of the models they ever sold. Including the long discontinued GX1 and TR4 platforms, which were the earliest versions of the CT5/CTR 5.0 platforms! Not many RC companies carry/support the legacy models like CEN does!

I have been a longtime fan of CEN Racing products and have heard some of the guys Sh*t-talking about CEN, but I always ask them if they have ever owned one and that will usually shut them up. The prodcuts sell themselves once you get one in your hands and see and feel the quality of the materials used is second to none!

I hope this helps
Old 05-29-2013, 12:52 PM
cenracer1

ORIGINAL: The Real Dogman

I personally love CEN Racing's Products!! I have several and every single one of them have been a blast and durable as hell! I used to call my Genesis and Nemesis the Savage killers because everytime I went oout with other friends who had savages or Summits or even t-maxx's they alway wetn home broke but not my CEN monster trucks.

I actually sold all of my other monster trucks except the CEN stuff. Well, thats not entirely true I still have my t-maxx but thats because a friend said he wanted to buy it but still has not.

As for the CTR 5.0 you will need some high speed skill because that bad boy is a screamer!! I mean it flat out cooks!! And parts are easy to get if you order directly from CEN's retail website found at www.cenracingdirect.com scroll down to the interactive parts ordering system, which is pretty cool in itself. You click on the model your looking for parts on then a big exploded veiw of your model platform pops up then you find the part your looking for and click on the part number next to the part and link takes you to the product page of the that part on CEN's retail website to make your purchase, tis that easy!! And from what I understand CEN carries 95% of all the parts for ALL of the models they ever sold. Including the long discontinued GX1 and TR4 platforms, which were the earliest versions of the CT5/CTR 5.0 platforms! Not many RC companies carry/support the legacy models like CEN does!

I have been a longtime fan of CEN Racing products and have heard some of the guys Sh*t-talking about CEN, but I always ask them if they have ever owned one and that will usually shut them up. The prodcuts sell themselves once you get one in your hands and see and feel the quality of the materials used is second to none!

I hope this helps
I wish I could say I still have my Cen stuff, but all of it is gone for good. your review is just about spot on as for the Genesis MT.. My friend has one and that thing is a beast.. It doesn't hurt that its quite a bit larger than anything else out there short of a 1/5th scale. I stand by what I said about the CT5 after owning one and being able to compare it with some other cars that I also own. I loved the car, but couldn't justify keeping it mostly because of Cen Corps issues and spare parts availability. I'm glad you still have yours and still running it now. I have a friend who still has one and he keeps trying to get me to buy it from him.. I just can't find a good enough reason to own a 4th nitro touring car.. If it was brushless I would be all over it. LOL
Old 07-10-2013, 09:30 PM
bigbarraza

I have a CEN Racing CTR 5.0 with the Rev line .30 or 5.0cc engine. It sounds more like a chainsaw than r/c. It is hard to tune with anything less than 30% nitro but with the high nitro it runs great! also I highly recommend you use a laser temp. gun for tuning without one you are just guessing. I only paid 279.99 for mine free shipping. The belted tires are nice and they have a lot of grip on pavement and concrete. I really like my CEN car but there are a lot of cen haters out there.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:01 PM
cenracer1

There are alot of Cen haters out there.. I was not one of them.. Hence my name.,, but that was in a past life.. Cen's biggest issue was Cen, not the products.. They just couldn't seem to get their act together and it became a problem. I still love the CTR 5.0.. It was a great car, but with those speeds comes the occasional damage.. I didn't want to have to stock a complete car for parts when with most other brands you can easily get parts.. I know Cen direct is a good way to go, but I don't like to wait for parts from California when I live on the east coast. That being said.. They were great on the track and where just as fast as anything else out there, while being a good bit less expensive.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:27 PM
CEN USA

Thank you for your support gentlemen,

I have to mention that HRP will be carrying our line of products soon and they have 4 warehouses around the country. You can order from them as well as calling me using the telephone numbers provided below in my signature. Or you can always order from our retail website linked below:

http://cenracing.shptron.com/

I found most haters never owned a CEN product, but instead took the problems some actual CEN owners posted on various websites and exaggerated those problems. And admittedly there were some operational problems that could be traced to the California warehouse which was owned by a third party. And as a result, that warehouse no longer exists and I now handle ALL of the customer issues and questions! I can tell you with the utmost confidence those issues are non-existent. And true those problems did cause a few customers to turn away from CEN, but we are running strong and the word is getting out that we are handling our business!

CEN can proudly state that we carry 95% spare parts coverage and %90 legacy spare parts coverage! That means when any calls for parts or support, I answer the phone and you can get parts for models that have been long discontinued! Going back to the TR4 or the GX1 I have only found a very few parts I cant get for you.

CEN will also be releasing a couple new lines of both 1/10 scale electric and nitro models called the Matrix10 Offroad and Zoom10 Onroad Series coming soon!

Old 07-25-2013, 09:18 PM
bigbarraza

I have nothing bad to say about CEN I like my CTR 5.0. only thing is I wish there was aluminum option parts and maybe more gear ratio options. I have had no problems getting parts and I don't crash mine.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:38 PM
cenracer1

Originally Posted by CEN USA
Thank you for your support gentlemen,

I have to mention that HRP will be carrying our line of products soon and they have 4 warehouses around the country. You can order from them as well as calling me using the telephone numbers provided below in my signature. Or you can always order from our retail website linked below:

http://cenracing.shptron.com/

I found most haters never owned a CEN product, but instead took the problems some actual CEN owners posted on various websites and exaggerated those problems. And admittedly there were some operational problems that could be traced to the California warehouse which was owned by a third party. And as a result, that warehouse no longer exists and I now handle ALL of the customer issues and questions! I can tell you with the utmost confidence those issues are non-existent. And true those problems did cause a few customers to turn away from CEN, but we are running strong and the word is getting out that we are handling our business!

CEN can proudly state that we carry 95% spare parts coverage and %90 legacy spare parts coverage! That means when any calls for parts or support, I answer the phone and you can get parts for models that have been long discontinued! Going back to the TR4 or the GX1 I have only found a very few parts I cant get for you.

CEN*will also be releasing a couple new lines of both 1/10 scale electric and nitro models*called the Matrix10 Offroad and Zoom10 Onroad*Series*coming soon!

I know this reply is a little late, but thats great news to hear! I wish it came sooner.. I just may have to make an offer on the CT5 that my friend still has. I guess I can make room for one more car in the stable. My favorits are still the MT2 and the Matrix Buggy... If proper brushless motors were out when I had that one, I would still own it..
Old 12-10-2013, 06:37 PM
formula357

I agree I have a CEN CTR. 5.0 with a picco 8 port .28 and it is the fastest car I have ever driven and I would not trade it for the world and then some ! I also a mugen k2 advance and right now it's just a roller and I don't even want it anymore and it just a smaller version of the MRX4 a pan car the cars I used to race and the k2 has about 2 hours at most on it and is set up for a big block .I had a wasp .26 in it and I would still rather drive the CEN ! I guess that shows you how much I like that car when your willing to not use your mugen seiki 10 th scale car! if I could get a hold of another CTR I would give up my mugen k2 in a heart beat .hpi even the traxxas 4tec can't hold a candle to that CTR !
Old 12-11-2013, 12:32 PM
cenracer1

After owning both the Cen and currently still own a 4tec 3.3, I can't say the cen can't hold a candle to it, they arre two different animals. The 4tec is overpowered where as the Cen was much more balanced with great top end. The 4tec was all top end. Both were similar in top end but the traxxas didn't need 1/4 mile to reach top end. My only gripe with the 4tec is handling. Its OK and can be made acceptable with a lot of setup, the Cen was much easier to drive fast. As for the HPI.. been there.. sold it quickly was very dissapointed with the top end. The handling was fine for racing, just too slow. If I can hold full throttle for more than a couple of seconds, its too slow.. JMO