Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Tamiya TXT-2 Agrios Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Starkweather

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tamiya TXT-2 Agrios Build thread

Heres a link... You need 2 sets to complete the truck. http://stores.ebay.com/stellamodels/...sub=4585681011

You can find close up pics of them online, with a cutaway view to see how they work. The reserve tanks arent just for show either.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Eman77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yowza! Pretty cool though.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Starkweather

Yeah theres actually a functioning piston inside the resevoir that assists in dampening. To date, I have never seen any other piggyback shocks that did anything like this. All the other ones either just hold more oil, or don't do anything at all other than look cool. The txt-2 hop up dampers are very cool, just don't know if they are 200 dollars cool. I'm leaning towards putting that money towards a mad force kruiser ve. Because solid axles AND fast
Old 06-01-2013, 03:26 PM
bobb428

Cool thread! I have had my TXT-2 for about 6 weeks now. Awesome truck but heavy as heck. I have a EVX2 and 2 Titan 550 12t motors and this thing moves on 4s. In fact its one heck of a parts breaker!
Old 06-01-2013, 03:35 PM
bobb428

And with TXT or Clod tires you shouldnt need foams. I also bought extra TXT wheels from Jasons store and have been waiting 2 weeks now for them. From what I got out of him in a email is that they are supposed to be Tamiya wheels.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great!

Old 06-01-2013, 05:29 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wish I could afford one of these they look damn neat

Looked at the tamiya picture of the TXT-2, and will agree the clod wheels look way better on it the ones included look to small IMO
Old 06-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Starkweather

Yeah its a fantastc truck if you dig scale speed. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the clod wheels look awesome but the offset isnt quite enough to clear the springs on steering lock. So I'm still waiting on my txt-1 wheels. The stock wheels aren't as bad in motion as they are sitting still. It's the width that hurts them, not the diameter. But the rims are too large to look scale imo.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Starkweather

Much better....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43230.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1889131  
Old 06-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Starkweather

Bobb i meant to ask... Youre running this thing on 4s? How has the trans held up? No slipper clutch makes me worry about turning up the power. Plus im totally happy with stock speed anyway, just curious . Emaxx trans perhaps?
Old 06-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Starkweather

I'm gonna want to use the clod wheels when spare agrios bodies become available. Over on clodtalk i got tipped off on this new item that came out: http://www.crawfordperformanceengine...roducts_id=628

They have a set with both clod and txt holes too... Grabbed a set of the clod ones.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:12 PM
bobb428

Yes its running on 4s. Friggin' thing moves. At first I had the rear locked and it was breaking axles and gears in the gear box. I have IMEX boggers on it and its weight was too much. I put a open diff back in the rear and it hasnt broke anything since.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:52 AM
Starkweather

I was following your thread on clodtalk too. I thought about putting a hilux body on mine, I love the juggeriffic look of yours! I should set the body from my hilux high lift on it to see if it speaks to me.... But I actually really dig the SC body now. I want to make a speed energy bigfoot like bloodclod was going for, I just cannot for the life of me find the decals. At my LHS they have a completed speed energy slash body, but its way too large. I'm just going to wait till the agrios shells are available and plan something loud. The clod wheels will come into play at that point...got some ideas rolling around....

That gear is THRASHED! Hopefully this time around Tamiya comes out with hop up transmission option or something that allows use of a slipper. Gotta get those shocks first, screw the mad force....
Old 06-06-2013, 03:04 PM
bobb428

Ya I want those shocks real bad too!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:13 PM
bobb428

Should have my shocks within a week!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Jay-Em

http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.php...roducts_id=521. Are, finacially, a sounder choice. The are quite a bit cheaper, and work the same as the Tamiya rolls-royce-priced ones..

I used 4 pairs on my TXT-1. It set me back $130.- instead of $200.-. (Including tax and shipping to Europe) They are absolutely great. Filling and adjusting is a bit of an art, but not too hard for anyone that has ever filled a set of Tamiya dampers. You can adjust the rebound, the pre-pressure etc.

By the by, do not attempt to try a 1/8 scale longcan 570 (3500kv) on 4s... It'll rip the axles apart, stripping all the gears. Sadly the top gear in the axles are pot-metal, and cannot stand a lot of abuse. Diffs disintegrated too....

though, for the short moments it survived, the TXT changed from a neat, plodding little truck into a howling wheely machine. Clocked it (with GPS) @62km/h waaay to fast for the thing. Completely uncontrollable, despite the XD shocks. A small knock against a sidewalk ripped the tops of the gearcases on the axles too... Clod tires make a glorious howling, buzzing sound on those kinds of speeds. A bit like some big plane, but softer, obviously. That's quite cool..

i currently have a 10.5t LRP X12 stock-spec with 17t pinion in it. It is the perfect combi to me. It'll even survive 3s. Motor díd hit 165F on 3s though. Ambient temperature was in the high 90's, so that's part of the reason. The El Cheapo 100amp Hobbyking sensored SC never got above 100f thnx to it's big blower.

i guess the things that go for the TXT-1 go for the Agrios too, since there's no discernable difference in the running hardware. (And parts are again aplenty yay!!!)
Old 10-28-2013, 04:47 AM
skip665

Is this thread still active? I have a TXT-2 Agrios waiting in the man-shed to be built on my birthday (1st November) and I cannot wait I have a set of the clone TXT-1 wheels from rockymodelsHK on eBay waiting and am going to start off with a DualSky 150A ESC and a DualSky 6.5t brushless motor running on a 14t pinon (just because I already have this setup in my DEX410 so am going to use it to test)

Got a can of candy blue ready to paint the shell - I cant wait
Old 10-30-2013, 06:42 PM
dfnhdhjian

Anyone else getting one of these soon?
Old 10-31-2013, 09:53 AM
Eman77

I'm not, but I'm always looking forward to more info and pics as folks get them and build them.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:25 PM
dyjdtjjian

Anyone else getting one of these soon?
Old 11-08-2013, 01:29 AM
skip665

Here is a pic of mine as a taster of how its going to look - I have yet to finish cutting the body out or applying any stickers and working out how to mount the body!

Tested it with the DualSky 6.5t brushless (powered by DualSky 150A ESC) and it is MENTAL!! So much power it is actually quite intimidating to drive in an enclosed area - well, unless you aren't worried about smashing it up!! Cant wait to get it out into the open and see what it can really do!

Old 11-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Starkweather

Skip, that body is complete beast mode! I can't wait to see more!
Old 11-11-2013, 01:51 AM
skip665

Grrr I do not like Parmas decals! What a complete nightmare to fit they were - did my best but they are not great The 1/8 scale shell fits nicely on the TXT chassis - just clearing the front and rear bumpers - also the rear body posts are just and I mean "just" long enough so no creative solution required to fit the body - thankfully

The dreadful wet weather we are having at the moment means no proper test run yet - so I will just have to admire it for now

Old 11-11-2013, 02:31 AM
Starkweather

That looks solid to me. Large decals are always a challenge for me, i bet getting those front flames straight wasnt easy....
Old 11-11-2013, 03:23 AM
skip665

Wasn't easy is a major understatement! It says in the instructions to "stretch" them - but the bottom line is its all damage limitation! It looks ok as a runner - the flames are better than the side panels - they are too big really so I had to cut and shut the Grave Digger lettering to fit the remaining space - otherwise the ER of digger on one side and GR of grave on the other would have been on the rear doors! Even then it looks a bit bunched up.

Now looking into red LEDs for the front lights - tempted to go for the Traxxas light kit as it includes light buckets too and a nice little harness...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.