Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE-35 Choke Butterfly

Old 05-31-2013, 11:58 AM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DLE-35 Choke Butterfly

New to gas and Walbro carbs. I disassembled the shaft and choke, so I could attach the ball link to choke arm. The guide from the case, to the arm, not a straight shot. Attached the ball, put back together, now I have a flapper, it is not sticking open or closed.
Did I lose some type of bearing on the shaft? If I did, I am sure it did not make its way into the carb. Your expertise appreciated. Looks like the pictures will not upload at this time.

Crank
Old 05-31-2013, 12:45 PM
skip1320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DLE-35 Choke Butterfly

There is a detent spring and ball behind the shaft,spring mite still be there but good luck finding the ball,dissasemble an you will see the hole they go in http://wem.walbro.com/walbro/product...m=WT%2D201%2D1 Item #28 an 42
Old 05-31-2013, 02:37 PM
crankpin

Thanks Skip. An engine guy sent me the picture. Just the little ball and spring, create friction on the shaft. This is all new to me.

Crank
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62246.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1887364  
Old 06-02-2013, 08:42 AM
crankpin

Not able to secure a spring over the weekend, I decided to check my parts drawers. Came up with a couple, had to modify. I did find the ball on the shop floor, which is almost impossible on wood floor with some cuts in it. This morning, I went about inserting my modified spring in the hole. No luck. I decided to look down that hole one more time. Picked the engine up, carb facing me, looking in there, a spring is there. Where did that come from? Looks like in my inserting a spring that would not work, somehow loosened up the stock spring, there it was, standing at attention. Put the ball in, slid the shaft thru, secured the butterfly, Life is Good
Thanks for the help.
Crank