Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Muncie 2013

Old 02-26-2013, 07:53 PM
GaryV
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Muncie 2013

R/C Skydiving's not completely dead, We still have the annual Muncie event.
Of course if more people don't show up this year than last this event may go away too.

If I recall correctly this will be the 14th consecutive year for this event the first in 2000, so far I haven't missed one.

It is located at the:
Academy of Model Aeronautics
5161 E. Memorial Dr. Muncie IN 47302

RC Skydiver Contest

Sat, September 7, 2013 -Sun. September 8, 2013

Where

Site 5

http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/...sschedule.aspx
Old 02-27-2013, 05:03 AM
JuanF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Muncie 2013

Gary,
Thanks for the information. Bob Deadmond and I will be there.
Juan
Old 02-27-2013, 09:30 AM
frankmoak

Would love to come. Trying to work it out.

Frank
Old 02-27-2013, 10:43 AM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to go and have an open schedule to do so. This is my drawback......................I have divers, planes, radios, and everything to support it, what I DO NOT have is a pilot for my jump planes. I have talked with my brother and he can't make it for sure, still trying to get my son to come out with me. It would really be nice to get some jumping in all just for the fun of it.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:36 PM
GaryV

Hi Dave,

The more the merrier, If you come, bring your plane, i'm sure if you are willing to take take up other peoples divers on your plane they will return the favor.
I plan to bring my 12' telemaster, is has worked out well the last two years, can take up 5 at a time.
Then again, September is still a ways off, and as you know all planes have that built in expiration date, I just hope it is still a long ways off.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:12 AM
pietermu

Hi Gary,

Size engine on the Telemaster?
Old 03-08-2013, 10:56 PM
GaryV

DLE 111
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52025.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	441.4 KB
ID:	1859841  
Old 03-17-2013, 02:57 AM
FlyBy8

Wow, that plane is still looking good Gary!!

Have you had any problem with those struts or drop boxes? Did you end up running a separate power source to the servos on the drop boxes?

Old 03-22-2013, 09:04 PM
GaryV

Hi Paul,
Haven't any problems with the drop boxes, I think I changed out some of the servos when I got the plane from you. I'm running a smart fly system, but best I can remember the drop boxes plug directly into the receiver.
I was up your way thursday on my way to Elkhart IN for work, In Chillicothe now, be back home Sat.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:59 PM
goldenknight1

Gary: Have you heard anything on the date for Rally, Juan and I will be there for sure and hope we have a good turn out this year. Last year was a bummer for me broke down in Terra Haute with van . And Juan have his brain worked on ???? may have been caused by hanging around with me. Ha Ha Ha
Old 05-26-2013, 05:51 AM
GaryV

Hi Bob,
The rally is September,7-8, 2013

This is a link to the AMA events calendar, when you get to the calendar just scroll through to September.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/...sschedule.aspx
Old 05-26-2013, 12:39 PM
R/C Skydiver
My Feedback: (3)

Hi Guys.

Long time, no write! Been grounded with "Charcot Foot". Bad stuff!! Was in recliner chair for 9 weeks, then crutches for 2 more. Now in walking boot awaiting custom Orthapedic shoes. Gettin old is _ _ __!

Unfortunately I will have to retire from most RC including Skydiving 'cause of my new extremely limited mobility. Anybody want to buy an R/CSkydiving package deal which includes three Mikes and a Big Lanier Stinger w/Bryson 4.2 engine with all jumping stuff built in ? Will carry all three Mikes on a jump. Hate to get rid of it but at 80+ years old it's time to quit.

I have had a ball with you guys in Muncie, Ohio and Kyand will relish the friendships Mary and I have made all over the world thru R/C Skydiving.

I will keep in touch. Have fun in Muncie.

Jim
Old 05-27-2013, 07:41 PM
GaryV

Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear of your health issues. I would love to have the equipment, but I'm sure it's more than my budget will allow right now.

I saw Mac Hodges at Joe Nall, didn't get a chance to talk to him. but loved his show during the noon time demos. I have seen it now for at least 10 years, but it never gets old.

We did a couple of skydiver drops down at the 3D line on Fri. evening.

Did three drops today, two of them were tangles. The chute I got from R/C Skydive S.A flies great but I seem to have difficulties in getting it packed correctly.

Hopefully we will have a good turn out for the rally. Maybe if we can get enough people to shoot some footage we can make another DVD. it's been a while since we have done one, we need our videographer Mary.

Tell Mary Hi, I miss seeing the both of you.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:13 PM
wes rc diver
My Feedback: (6)

Hello Jim, This is Wes from VA. im interested in your jumpers if you will sell them without the plane.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:35 PM
R/C Skydiver

Hi Wes, Good to hear from you. Have a couple of guys interested in a pakage deal. Wiil get back with you once I have heard from them.

Jim
Old 05-29-2013, 05:50 PM
R/C Skydiver

Hi Gary,

Great to hear from you again and glad to hear you are still doing a lot of jumping.

Mary sends her best to you. She has her hands full with me and my foot problem. She keeps me straight!! She says to tell you "Hi Ya'll" !!

I still haven't made it to Joe Nall since the new field was opened but I see Mac Hodges B-29 demo at least 3 times per year at fly ins in this area. I normally go to some of the same ones and drop my 3 Mikes to start the fly in and Mac's flightis the grand finale.I'm like you, no matter how manytimes one sees his demo, it's still thrillingto watch-he is always adding something new to his flight routine.( and pushes the flight envelope each time!!!)

Sorry I can't make Muncie. We have had some good times with all the guys at the Skydiver Rallys and i will miss it.

Will be in touch later.

Jim
Old 06-04-2013, 06:07 AM
broodwa

"Did three drops today, two of them were tangles. The chute I got from R/C Skydive S.A flies great but I seem to have difficulties in getting it packed correctly."

Hi Gary, contact me on [email protected] I can forward you the packing instructions if you do not have it. Also on what diver are you using the chute, is it Frank's diver or a "MIKE"? Either way it should work with them!!

Packing might not be the major cause as I have found our chutes to be very forgiving on packing errors and the working slider sorts most of the issues during deployment!! Tangles are very rare with our chutes and divers. When they do occur it is usually caused by an unstable deployment caused by the diver being "spun" into free fall by excessive prop wash from the plane. Mostly due to a pilot unfamiliar with the procedure of dropping divers!!

We usually give the diver a good 7 seconds to get stable by itself if we see it spinning away from the plane. Our normal procedure is we throttle back on the drop plane to idle and let the speed and prop wash bleed off by giving a small amount of up elevator and then release the diver. This way you get a nice stable "exit" and a perfect freefall.

Other than that I'm glad you like the chutes performance!!

Please feel free to ask if I can be of assistance!!

Whish I could come to states one year to enjoy your rally's but with our exchange rate it wont happen anytime soon!![]

See the link below of how quickly it can recover from a spinning deployment!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUsJFSwfrgU
Old 06-04-2013, 12:12 PM
RiaanLR

Hi Fanie
The link to the videois not working.
Riaan
Old 06-09-2013, 03:46 PM
R/C Skydiver

Wes,

Sold the whole Skydiver package deal to one guy. Maybe you can work out something with him.

Drop me an email and I will give you the story.

Jim
Old 06-10-2013, 01:58 AM
broodwa

ORIGINAL: RiaanLR

Hi Fanie
The link to the video is not working.
Riaan
[X(] OK lets try that again!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUsJFSwfrgU

Somehow the U at the end of the link got lost... fixed in original post as well!!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:55 PM
GaryV

Muncie is less than a month away now, who's planning on being there?
My 12' Telemaster won't make it this year, or any other year unless I get another one, or do a lot of repairing.
It picked a fight with a WV tree last weekend and the tree won.
Looks like Jim's Stinger will be making it's Muncie debut. it is set up to drop 3, however I have yet to make a drop with it.

GaryV
Old 08-14-2013, 06:07 PM
GaryV

pic1 plane in tree, pic 2 plane after it fell 60 ft when tree climber sawed off limb, pic 3 one of these people put plane in tree, pic 4 my son disassembling the remains.

Name:	DSC04000.JPG
Views:	263
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	1908098   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04011.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	1908099   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04013.JPG
Views:	263
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	1908100   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04014.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	1908101  

Last edited by GaryV; 08-14-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:23 PM
GaryV

Broodwa this picture shows what I get at least one out of every 5 drops.
line twist, note where slider is. Chute will open but with line twist you can't steer it. I have better openings if I leave the slider down at the risers.
Luckily this one made it back to the field and not in a tree.

Name:	DSC04029.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	1908102  
Old 08-15-2013, 01:42 AM
broodwa

Hi Gary,

That is very weird!! I have to ask again, are you packing it according to the instructions? You said in a previous post you have difficulty in getting it packed? "The chute I got from R/C Skydive S.A flies great but I seem to have difficulties in getting it packed correctly." Have you read my previous post in this forum with regards to the drop pilots role as well? I take my slider all the way up as per our packing instructions everytime and I don't have any line twist issues! We have numerous divers out there and none of them have this issue.

Please try and send me some photos of your packing in sequence. If all else fails send me the chute, I'll test it here and see if I get the same problem, I'll carry the postage if it gets to that.

Drop me an e-mail [email protected] so we can try and eliminate the possible causes.

Please get in touch!!
Regards,
Fanie aka Broodwa
Old 08-15-2013, 02:37 PM
zemkes_wolfpack
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by GaryV

pic1 plane in tree, pic 2 plane after it fell 60 ft when tree climber sawed off limb, pic 3 one of these people put plane in tree, pic 4 my son disassembling the remains.
Gary,

Please say it isn't so. You really put the pressure on now as I am going to have to build one.

It was a great plane and a lot of fun to fly.

See you in about 3 weeks. Dad and I will be there with at least 3 others from Winamac.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.