Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 03:14 PM
gassertom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Here's pic of Tommy (aka Captain Crazy) studying his JAE Twin. Working on the throttle linkage and water line placement. Hope to have it in the water by August. Nothing like the sound of a twin!
C&T
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40191.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1886879  
Old 05-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Canadian LoCo

Holy must be nice Tom, Cindy let's you work on your boats at the kitchen table
it must be love lol

get her all setup and bring it to the Ottawa race lot's of room to run her there
Just ask Tim Kish he knows.
keep up the good work see you guys soon at the northern lights open in a few weeks.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice!

Joe
Old 05-30-2013, 05:44 AM
advanced builder

ORIGINAL: Canadian LoCo

Holy must be nice Tom, Cindy let's you work on your boats at the kitchen table
it must be love lol

get her all setup and bring it to the Ottawa race lot's of room to run her there
Just ask Tim Kish he knows.
keep up the good work see you guys soon at the northern lights open in a few weeks.
I do that all the time Luc ,no woman to tell me NO .But that may change ,I got a dinner date today. First a boat ride. then dinner. Yup a date with a beautiful lady. I haven't dated in years. Why ??? I was lucky to stay away from them.
Joe were you staying ??I'm in Motel 8
I gotta get my 1//8 scale ready to test. Haven't run that hull in years. NLMBC is the only one that still run the old class
Old 05-30-2013, 02:34 PM
gassertom

Neil - you little devil!  Hope you have fun on your date.
C&T
Old 05-30-2013, 05:33 PM
advanced builder

yup I even kissed lol
forgot how it feels to do anything about dating.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:43 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEIL'S GOING COUGAR ON US
Next thing you know, he'll be asking where to get dance lessons BEWARE NEIL, I've found that the ladies like guys that can dance and know how to lead. That's how I met my wife 14 years ago and how I ended up with a 15 lady harem prior to that.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:53 AM
crombyzombie

Go Neil!
Old 05-31-2013, 05:08 AM
engineman351

"yup I even kissed"...Neil, TMI!!!! Hope you had a good time. I do not need to know if there was a happy ending!! RC
Old 05-31-2013, 06:24 AM
advanced builder

yup it was a good night Thanks
Old 05-31-2013, 02:12 PM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our little beaver is dating.
They grow so fast...

Joe
Old 06-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Blackout

LOL!

Tom, Cindy, your 45 twin is looking great!! Yes, bring it to Ottawa. I just signed up for that race! It's going to be a blast!

Neil, congrats on the date!
Old 06-01-2013, 06:28 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

YOU CAN'T FOOL ME NEIL!!!! I SAW YA KISSIN THAT WHIPLASH!!! Notice he didn't tell you all he launched his "date" about 10' on shore off turn 4....LOL.. came into the wind and she launched... he has video to prove it!! Neil,Bruce and I ran today,Bob coached and was mechanic... HEY!! who knew the head bolts on a gasser needed to be tight??????? MABY thats why I (we) couldnt get BULLITT running consistantly.... changed gasket,ring and put my new ZIPPKIT pipe and Gizmo header on all cleaned up and ready to run again!!! did a bit of prop balance work too.. we shal see... the leaves are hardening up on trees sitting in creek in shade, was kinda hot today didn't do any planting,besides Neil trying to plant gas hydro on north-east shore... maby tomorrow, I have a bit of time before bro-in-laws calling hrs... they are at 4 so coming out in am to try Bullitt mods.and hopefully do some planting seeing it will be cooler this week....
Old 06-02-2013, 06:07 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: parshallboatworks

YOU CAN'T FOOL ME NEIL!!!! I SAW YA KISSIN THAT WHIPLASH!!! Notice he didn't tell you all he launched his ''date'' about 10' on shore off turn 4....LOL.. came into the wind and she launched... he has video to prove it!! Neil,Bruce and I ran today,Bob coached and was mechanic... HEY!! who knew the head bolts on a gasser needed to be tight??????? MABY thats why I (we) couldnt get BULLITT running consistantly.... changed gasket,ring and put my new ZIPPKIT pipe and Gizmo header on all cleaned up and ready to run again!!! did a bit of prop balance work too.. we shal see... the leaves are hardening up on trees sitting in creek in shade, was kinda hot today didn't do any planting,besides Neil trying to plant gas hydro on north-east shore... maby tomorrow, I have a bit of time before bro-in-laws calling hrs... they are at 4 so coming out in am to try Bullitt mods.and hopefully do some planting seeing it will be cooler this week....
How do you know when the trees are too dried up to plant? I would rather not spend time planting dead trees.... Should have kept them at Miller's Nursery until we had time to get the job done I think. I got two planted the night before we left for camping, but that's it.

Glad Bruce hooked up with you guys. Is he coming to Elmira this weekend?
Old 06-02-2013, 06:11 AM
parshallboatworks

Millers would have had them on burn pile by the end of week..Planting time nearly gone.. will be cooler this week so it will be perfect planting!! the trees will be fine.. the leaves didnt even burn off. they have turned nice dark green and matured. putting them in water and shade was the correct thing to do..Not sure if Bruce is going to Elmira. Do not think I can afford the trip either..
Old 06-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: parshallboatworks

Millers would have had them on burn pile by the end of week..Planting time nearly gone.. will be cooler this week so it will be perfect planting!! the trees will be fine.. the leaves didnt even burn off. they have turned nice dark green and matured. putting them in water and shade was the correct thing to do[img][/img]..Not sure if Bruce is going to Elmira. Do not think I can afford the trip either..
Good to know! I was getting worried for a second there.

I sleep in my car to save money. So it's gas to Elmira and back, plus entry fees. Your van probably drinks the gas pretty good though.

My kids did great with the nitro T-Maxx 3.3 this weekend! They say they like RC cars more than RC boats.... [X(] Oh well....
Old 06-02-2013, 07:38 AM
advanced builder

Just get a army cot and sleep under the pavilion. Big Chris likes the grass. I don't think they will have a Thunderboat race. Not enough hulls.
http://youtu.be/sBYsF1StLxM
Old 06-02-2013, 07:46 AM
advanced builder

Looks like we may have a RC car track coming ,they use clay. Mark has his own track in his backyard, nitro/lipo runoff.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:06 PM
gassertom

Went to the pond today - boy was it windy.  Tried the smaller needle valve on the JAE and it seemed to help, actually went around 4 or 5 laps until Cindy brought it in alive. (Thanks Bill for the advise - had thought that might be the problem, sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees!)
T&C
Old 06-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Blackout

Rick was right, the trees in the stream look fine. I planted 2 more when I got home. Neil's tree looked better as well, so I planted Neil's Redwood. The Redwood is the first to form the row that will block the view from the road. This is especially important if the farmer eventually sells her land and houses come in across the steet. Thinking ahead.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:21 PM
parshallboatworks

How about cooking some burgers and dogs and trying out some quiet pipes next weekend for those of us not going to Elmira?? and getting shovels dirty planting some trees?? I have to put in some time at FUN FLY but seem to be more interested in boats and our friends at pond as of late.. I will go help them in am and show up at pond a bit after noon???The Bullitt was running super today.. look out thunderboat guys.. I am not going to be bringing up the rear of every heat next time!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:20 AM
Blackout

Since we're not holding anymore races this year, I decided to move two of the picnic tables back to the hot pits. It will be easier mowing anyways....

I need some late night work in the hobby room to finish my Zippkit 45 rigger. I signed up for D-hydro for Ottawa so it NEEDS to get done soon.....

Neil, you running D-hydro in Ottawa? I see you signed up for Open Rigger, you running your .67 SG?
Old 06-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Canadian LoCo

if Neil needs to do a change on his entry for the Ottawa Race let me know since I can add and remove any entry
that you have registered in, just to let you guys know.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:15 AM
engineman351

Hi Guys...my RC boating has been curtailed by 'summer events'. Went to Englishtown NJ with my son's Tom and Brian to watch the NHRA Drag races. !0000 HP, Ear Splitting, Top Fuel Dragsters and Funny cars!! For the next couple of weekends I have 'chores' to at my rental property on Keuka Lake. I am hoping to get to Stony Pond this afternoon to test a customers boat before I go to work at Dan's crafts tonight. On the RC boat fleet, I have just got my hands on a Wood Whip GSH to replace my trusty but well used AM T-Bolt. I will try to have that ready to test next Thursday. Hope everyone is doing well (I know Neil is!!). Roger C.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:20 PM
parshallboatworks

Have fun at Brick Pond guys... Show em how it's done!!! BRING BACK SOME TROPHIES!! eeerrr some certificates...... After fun fly, I plan to go to pond and might plant some trees... or play with boats... hopefully both!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.